Quantcast

what do you drive?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I drive a '98 Audi A4. (No pictures, but if you close your eyes and really use your imagination ...)

Curb Hucker said:
This is what it looks like for now.
and if I know you, as soon as you get it exactly the way you want it you'll sell it and get something totally different. Much like a bike! :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Curb Hucker said:
This is what it looks like for now. Ive got a front winch bumper/brush guard/skid plate coming next week :) and I also have a 2002 Chevy 2500 Silverado 8.1 which is being sold to build up the rover some more.

This is whats hopefully going into the thing this summer:
2.8L International Powerstroke Diesel
Toyota based Diamond Axles w/ 300M chromoly shafts
ARB Air lockers on 4.56 R&Ps
3gal air compressor system
5" Coils with 14" travel remote resi shocks
Tom woods Driveshafts
35" BFG MTRs on 16" TR beadlocks

:cool: :cool: I'm a coke dealer, well not really.

Curb you need a : :drool:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
chicodude said:
That's good. I didn't mean to sound like a pompous dickhead (Which I did)

But tony, for the good of man kind, DONT PUT A FARTCAN ON IT.
No worries chico, and I WONT put a fartcan on it, those things are annoying as hell! If anything I want it to be a quieter exhaust since I'll be driving this up into the mountains to go biking/skiing and a loud exhaust would be like a constant headache on decent length trips like that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jsg, what's w/ the blue stuff on the car behind yrs?

and you ditched the M-class merc for the Über-soccer mom-mobile? you forgot the low profile spinners.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Extended cab 2wd 3.9L V-6 5spd Blue

Bought her new in Oct 99....wow it has been a long time. :D

about 88,000 miles on her....only gets about 18-20mpg mixed driving.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
searching ~15-30 min to park gets old really fast.
yeah, after about 5 mins i imagine :)... k-town here is bad, i can only imagine munich or boston or the likes... looking for a car park honestly makes me want to kill people... that or go and live in a cave...

acadian, that MAN truck (and i mean man in ever sense of the word) is freakin awesome... the interior is sick...

fark, i want one of these rigs... i bet he / she has some huge coin into this beast...

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
1985 Chevy C-10 w/ 305 4 bl carburetor, 3 spd auto. I'm getting ready to pull me a jimmydean on it. Plans are; 383 stroker, 4 spd 4L60 tranny, lowered slightly, 20" rims, low profile tires, competition orange paint with the interior and inside of the bed rhino lined

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
narlus said:
jsg, what's w/ the blue stuff on the car behind yrs?
Tape to protect leading edges/lights from rocks and gravel.

narlus said:
and you ditched the M-class merc for the Über-soccer mom-mobile? you forgot the low profile spinners.
Yes, about a year ago. We needed more seating capacity/cargo room and a better towing platform. Spinners are currently on back order.

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
Tape to protect leading edges/lights from rocks and gravel.
Since you don't have tape, do you always plan to be in the front???

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cooter Brown said:
1985 Chevy C-10 w/ 305 4 bl carburetor, 3 spd auto. I'm getting ready to pull me a jimmydean on it. Plans are; 383 stroker, 4 spd 4L60 tranny, lowered slightly, 20" rims, low profile tires, competition orange paint with the interior and inside of the bed rhino lined
Mine didn't start out as a rod project. I need a truck and got it for $600 off Craig's List. It was a 350 with 4 speed, so I was on it.

Then the motor was headed south, so I found a '75 SWB, also on CL, with a brand new 350 and blown trans for $500. I pulled the motor and power steering, then sold the '75 sans motor for $500 on CL. The rest is from a friend who has a '76 Camaro and a bad ebay habbit.

The interior is out of a '92 Silverado. I would love to roll som 18" wheels, but I still use my truck to haul hay and dirt bikes and crap. I need the load capacity of a standard wheel size, so I'm stuck rockin' the rally's.

J

JRB

Dirt rider said:
1992 Toyota 4x4 V6 5spd, 31"tires, on a set of steel wheels I got for $20 at a garage sale
Cool - you got a 92 4wd Toyota for $20???

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
jimmydean said:
Mine didn't start out as a rod project. I need a truck and got it for $600 off Craig's List. It was a 350 with 4 speed, so I was on it.

Then the motor was headed south, so I found a '75 SWB, also on CL, with a brand new 350 and blown trans for $500. I pulled the motor and power steering, then sold the '75 sans motor for $500 on CL. The rest is from a friend who has a '76 Camaro and a bad ebay habbit.

The interior is out of a '92 Silverado. I would love to roll som 18" wheels, but I still use my truck to haul hay and dirt bikes and crap. I need the load capacity of a standard wheel size, so I'm stuck rockin' the rally's.

yeah, mine didn't start out as a project either, I bought it for $1000 off a guy at work after my other truck got repo'd in a bad divorce. I've had it for 4 years now, and I've put a rebuilt 3 spd tranny in it. I only live 1/2 mile from my work now, so it's feasible to ride my bike in and have it sitting to be able to do some work to it now

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Narlus - Im moving to Pheonix in Spetember.

Manhattanprjkt83 - I would like a defender, however I really dont want to pay $26K for a 12 year old rust bucket. My Disco2 is still in great shape, and I do like the comfort when compared to an old D90. Plus once the D2 is ontop of some Diamond axles on 35s, all of the Defender guys will be wanting to trade :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Curb Hucker said:
Narlus - Im moving to Pheonix in Spetember.

Manhattanprjkt83 - I would like a defender, however I really dont want to pay $26K for a 12 year old rust bucket. My Disco2 is still in great shape, and I do like the comfort when compared to an old D90. Plus once the D2 is ontop of some Diamond axles on 35s, all of the Defender guys will be wanting to trade :D
No doubt your truck rocks but something about that square look of the defender is just sick. I have always loved them, cant wait til they get to be OLD then ill have some money to buy one as a second truck.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
manhattanprjkt83 said:
No doubt your truck rocks but something about that square look of the defender is just sick. I have always loved them, cant wait til they get to be OLD then ill have some money to buy one as a second truck.
This is my plan too. Build the D2 to be my hardcore wheeling rig and DD as well. Then buy a Defender one day to just cruise around in with the top down.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
partsbara said:
i guess you crew in NZ mainly have LWB models like oz yeah ???

the SWB model is too bouncy...
Yeah mine was the long wheel base repowered with the old 186. :thumb:

The short wheel base is better off road though....... To landrovers credit on road capability is an afterthought on the Defenders. They are a work wagon pure and simple.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I drive a Honda CRV. It looks like a dumb chick car but she gets a bunch of miles to the gallon AND I can carry two bikes and two people in it. AND as if that wasn't enough I have a bong that fits in the cup holder! :D