Quantcast

what do you drive?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
maxyedor said:
It's been from the tip of Mexico to Maine, Alaska, Moab and Compton all in the last year.:evil:

Also how do I put larger picture on a post?

Looks sick dude, glad to see another rover guy on here. I love that color, its the best one for a rover :D

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I am hoping that this Oldsmobile will be mine by the end of the summer. It's got a cracked head, and I have to add water to it and buy a new battery, but it started up over Christmas break and was able to drive around a little bit. All I gotta do is add my stereo and sub, fix the leaks in the roof, fix the drivers' side mirror and window, put in a new cieling liner, and re-install my Yakima rack. Oh, it's also the V6 model with CRUISE CONTROL! Plus it seats six! Brian Head, Aspen, Mammoth, Whistler, Mexico, Bootleg, here we come!

Oh, it was my sister's car for the last few years, but since she doesn't have a job and can't afford to buy a newer, more reliable car, my parents bought her a new Accord. I get the Olds, yay! What can come next, world domination?

Edit: It's got 130k on it, but since my sister strarted driving it at 100k, it hasn't seen an oil change, let alone an oil check. Women should not be allowed to drive.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
narlus said:
was that yr old one? the bike racks might suggest it.
Yes. It's probably driving around Bulgaria now with a perfectly clear title after being bought at auction here in the States.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
justsomeguy said:
Yes. It's probably driving around Bulgaria now with a perfectly clear title after being bought at auction here in the States.
So how'd you manage to do that?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Sherpa said:
So how'd you manage to do that?
The tool driving this car

...ran a red light at 40 mph and blasted into my wife, who was just fine except for a small cut on her hand from broken glass.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
justsomeguy said:
The tool driving this car

...ran a red light at 40 mph and blasted into my wife, who was just fine except for a small cut on her hand from broken glass.
:eek: I hope someone punched the tool

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
stinky|Dan said:
1996 Ford Fairlane. Pic taken this morning at Dwellingup right before a day of shuttle runs.
man... thanks for the photo... i love dwellingup... i ve hit that place with archie ( a riding mate) and the lads from hiiway a few times... :thumb:

nice chariot btw...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
partsbara said:
yeah, after about 5 mins i imagine :)... k-town here is bad, i can only imagine munich or boston or the likes... looking for a car park honestly makes me want to kill people... that or go and live in a cave...

acadian, that MAN truck (and i mean man in ever sense of the word) is freakin awesome... the interior is sick...

fark, i want one of these rigs... i bet he / she has some huge coin into this beast...

that thing is nicer than my house.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

props to those who can untangle the wrx-ese:

VF34, FMIC, UTEC, intake/exhaust/etc., one cat, RA gearset and center diff, carbon hood, STi rims with '04 Nokian WR all-seasons/snows, second set of wheels shod with Kumho Victoracer R-compounds, lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, ACT Street Disc, D2 coilovers. oh, and no head unit :D (the iPod is wired straight into the amps).

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Toshi said:

props to those who can untangle the wrx-ese:

VF34, FMIC, UTEC, intake/exhaust/etc., one cat, RA gearset and center diff, carbon hood, STi rims with '04 Nokian WR all-seasons/snows, second set of wheels shod with Kumho Victoracer R-compounds, lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, ACT Street Disc, D2 coilovers. oh, and no head unit :D (the iPod is wired straight into the amps).

More pictures please.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
partsbara said:
man... thanks for the photo... i love dwellingup... i ve hit that place with archie ( a riding mate) and the lads from hiiway a few times... :thumb:

nice chariot btw...
thanks partsbara, was hoping you would recognise it.

Dan

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Toshi said:
Do you also obscure your license plate when you drive around on public streets? Heaven forbid that someone can see your plates...

Sorry, but that's a web picture posting practice that never fails to crack me up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
justsomeguy said:
Do you also obscure your license plate when you drive around on public streets? Heaven forbid that someone can see your plates...

Sorry, but that's a web picture posting practice that never fails to crack me up.
the rationale for doing this on nasioc is that it's a huge board (a shade over 100k members now), that the chances of pissing someone off rise with the size, and that modifying the cats is illegal. i bought the car catless*, for instance, and wouldn't want to make it too easy for some schmuck in califonia to report me.

* do note that i run one now, for the environment's sake, for the noise reduction, and because the smell of gas is nasty.

chicodude said:
More pictures please.
with a different set of wheels, right after the coilover install:

those are hella supertones in the grille, and a nitrous fogger on the front mount (now removed as it's illegal for autocross and is about as rice as it gets):

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Toshi said:
the rationale for doing this on nasioc is that it's a huge board (a shade over 100k members now), that the chances of pissing someone off rise with the size, and that modifying the cats is illegal. i bought the car catless*, for instance, and wouldn't want to make it too easy for some schmuck in califonia to report me.
Right, and using this "rationale" how in the hell would they find out who you are, let alone who could they possibly report you to? Making that giant leap that someone would be able determine your particulars based upon a license plate number, and they reported you to the DMV, cops, etc. what kind of rational person would expect any action at all from the aforementioned agencies?

Paranoia is very funny.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
justsomeguy said:
Paranoia is very funny.
I'm still pissed at you for the photo of my plate and all-american bumper sticker. I got beat up by a 19 year old freerider on FOI because a that.

Now I have some peahead named sanjuro issuing me threats here via PM because he hasn't any intestinal fortitude. Maybe a few photos of my new truck will direct him the same direction as the hapless freerider.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
1994 mazda protege. can take 4 bikes uptop, and seats five uncomfortably. but it's paid for, and still gets 30+mpg on average. driving her until she dies (or maintaning her becomes cost prohibitive, or i just decide i finally want to buy something newer). about 150k on her now; with good car, i should easily see another 50k at least, if not more.

with the tow bar mounted rack of a buddies installed, i can carry another 4 bikes. ;)

pic from a weeklong trip to sedona last november.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
justsomeguy said:
Right, and using this "rationale" how in the hell would they find out who you are, let alone who could they possibly report you to? Making that giant leap that someone would be able determine your particulars based upon a license plate number, and they reported you to the DMV, cops, etc. what kind of rational person would expect any action at all from the aforementioned agencies?

Paranoia is very funny.
Based on a number plate in NZ I can run a check for $15 and find out a hella lot about the vehicle and who owns it and where they live..... and if the registered addy is a post office box I can still take the owners name and check it on the electoral list to find out where the owner lives and what the owners occupation is etc etc.
So if you see a car on line like Toshi's and like the tasty add ons that he has done you know where to go shoping for parts if your an evil scum sucker.

J

JRB

MisterClean said:
I'm still pissed at you for the photo of my plate and all-american bumper sticker. I got beat up by a 19 year old freerider on FOI because a that.

Now I have some peahead named sanjuro issuing me threats here via PM because he hasn't any intestinal fortitude. Maybe a few photos of my new truck will direct him the same direction as the hapless freerider.
Wow - I haven't even managed to insult him that much. Heaven knows it looks like I try. I don't, but I do sometimes attack the fact that he feels supreme to most humans.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
justsomeguy said:
Fortunately, we live in the US.
but i saw it happen in Gone in 60 Seconds!?! :D

sure, it may be paranoia, but it doesn't take up much of my time so i'll continue on doing it.