When will america learn

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
Way to undermine an argument.

BTW, if you guys dislike the rest of the world so much, why are you so keen on setting up encampments all over it?

teh oils are hard to come by.

that, and we have complicated age-of-consent laws
You are an evil bastard but your sense of humor is the one redeeming characteristic that spares you the gibbet. :biggrin:

I like most of the rest of the world very much and enjoy spending my greenbacks there immensely...so long as I can eventually come home. The encampments are akin to police substations- little secure places to where our people abroad might temporarily retreat before evacuating should someone inadvertently or intentially clog the crapper.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I don't think it unreasoned, by the way, to question the skewed perceptions of us by those who- admit-it-or-not- aspire to be like us. If you've got something better to offer, show us; if you just want to shout down and nitpick a 9.5 for not being a 10.0, don't be surprised when we turn away and up the volume on our ipods. Even during these lowly times, I AM proud to be an American and offer no apologies for it. If you know a better way, lead by example and make us want to join you.
:disgust1: Great arguments BTW.

We have something better to show you. Gun control. Less innocent people die.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
When you actually have something to say, you will be worth responding to. At the moment your pathetic string of ad hominem just highlights you as the dick you are.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
When you actually have something to say, you will be worth responding to. At the moment your pathetic string of ad hominem just highlights you as the dick you are.
BIG dick, just so we are clear about it. I have been called worse, though, probably not to your complete surprise. :biggrin:

I apologize for the insults, just the same- it was rather unneighborly of me.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Good for you man. It's certainly not the worst place and if it works for you then you have every right to live here proudly. But the only reason I'm still here is because I have a job with a good salary and I own property. If one or both of those statuses changed, I would be moving to another country, no doubt. And considering the frequency of layoffs at "The Document Company", I'm just biding my time, collecting my paychecks, and building equity for when the day arrives.
here here...exactly what I did and the day came and now I'm out..make it happen Echo...D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'd probably have to hang onto it for quite a while, and who knows, maybe at some point I would consider returning if the political climate were to change drastically. Right now in my opinion this country is completely f*cked and getting worse, and I can't stand being associated with it.
Seconded. Not sure where I'm going, but it is away.

Lotsa nationalist chest-thumping going on here. The only thing the US is good at anymore is keeping a derelict military and lining the pockets of the rich with drying up capital.

It's only a matter of time. :disgust1:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
When will the USA finally learn to ban all guns haven't enough Innocent people lost there lives already.
i'm not going to go and read through all the usual respones.

this wasn't about guns.
it was about upbringing and self discipline.

this guy lost himself in the far reaches of his twisted brain.

and if ted kennedy and sarah brady could round up all the guns in the world and dispose of them.
i could go into home depot or lowes and within five minutes, purchase legally everything i need to make a device that could fire a small projectile into a human body, rendering it lifeless.

this guy was a demented psychopath.
he would have found way to snap and destroy with or without guns.
(his by the way his gun was made in austria. ya wanna take this conversation there ?)

hell.
right now i could walk into wal-mart and go right to the sporting goods area.
pick up a full on bow and arrow set, and start wreaking havoc.
nothing will ever stop mental cripples like this guy.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nothing will stop them but it will make the task harder to accomplish on a large scale, so it would save lives. Also a better health care system that properly screens and deals with mental illness wouldn't hurt either. Our healthcare system for the average citizen ranks below small countries like Costa Rica...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Nothing will stop them but it will make the task harder to accomplish on a large scale, so it would save lives. Also a better health care system that properly screens and deals with mental illness wouldn't hurt either. Our healthcare system for the average citizen ranks below small countries like Costa Rica...
streaming news conference now reports Cho had been previously screened from complaints from ex & cops & staff knew this gent had "problems", including suicidal tendencies. Nice to see the results of perfunctory counseling.

guess we will continue to just throw our hands up in the air & chalk this up to the cost of doing business. absolutely stellar.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
hell.
OK you can have a bow and arrow, and I'll take a Glock, and we'll square off at 50 feet. I like my chances.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
OK you can have a bow and arrow, and I'll take a Glock, and we'll square off at 50 feet. I like my chances.
not a chance.
i have a carry permit and a colt 45 combat commander.
and it's well used, and used well.

the reference to archery was to make the point that guns don't kill people..........
and if there's a will, there's a way.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The fact is, being able to get guns at the local gunshop/walmart/hunting shop makes it MUCH easier to accomplish. Making things easier to accomplish makes them much more likely most of the time. There will always be nutjobs who go out of their way to get weapons. It isn't about the 10 or 20 wackos. It's about the other thousands of crimes of opportunity/accidents that simply wouldn't have taken place.

Why you gun freaks can't get this through your thick skulls, I will never understand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The fact is, being able to get guns at the local gunshop/walmart/hunting shop makes it MUCH easier to accomplish. Making things easier to accomplish makes them much more likely most of the time. There will always be nutjobs who go out of their way to get weapons. It isn't about the 10 or 20 wackos. It's about the other thousands of crimes of opportunity/accidents that simply wouldn't have taken place.

Why you gun freaks can't get this through your thick skulls, I will never understand.
They are too busy compensating for their small dicks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought their big pickup trucks (or Yukon/Hummer/Excursion if you're "in family way") took care of that?
Their peckers don't get any bigger once they get out of the vehicle.

But to be fair some gun nuts aren't trying to compensate, they are just extremely paranoid.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005

this bugs the heck out of yer @$$ doesn't it ??
why do you label responsible gun owners "freaks"

remember the traffic story i p.m.'ed you last year ??
i was scared s...less the whole time it was going down.
but being armed made sure my wife and i remained unharmed.

repsonsible gun ownership and use at it's best.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I thought their big pickup trucks (or Yukon/Hummer/Excursion if you're "in family way") took care of that?
3 of my 5 most hated vehicles on the road today. not because of their size, but because of their lack of intended occupancy 90% of the time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
3 of my 5 most hated vehicles on the road today. not because of their size, but because of their lack of intended occupancy 90% of the time.
The latest fad around here is the single occupancy 8 person vehicle with a Rocket box up top.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
He bought his gun 'legally' but if a simple background check had been required like it is in many places he would almost definitely been identified as a risk.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It is required, and no, he wasn't identified as a risk because of laws concerning the privacy of health records and, I believe, the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Christ, you guys get all uppity when someone exercises his second amendment rights...

What good is the right to bear arms if you never use it?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Ahaha...my gf is now terrified because her neurotic Thai stepbrother (hooray mailorder brides!) fits his profile pretty well and hates her (and I) with a passion...oh the joys. :rofl:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
He bought his gun 'legally' but if a simple background check had been required like it is in many places he would almost definitely been identified as a risk.
I see your point, and I agree that are laws concerning the sale of guns are absurd, but that is not the problem. What we need to focus on is the American psyche. The VT attack was planned; if not guns, he would have used something else, perhaps a bomb. This guy had mental problems, and was out to kill one way or another.

As for the general population, this nation is already too saturated with guns to logistically do anything about making guns illegal. What needs to change is the American outlook on life. Americans, generally, are scarred shi*less. We're afraid that someone's going to come into our home and kill us in our sleep. We're afraid that a terrorist is going to bomb our suburban homes. We're afraid that the old guy next door is a sexual predator. We're afraid that someone's going shoot up a high school or university campus. The media does anything but help the situation. So what do we do? We buy a gun. But again, it's not the gun that's the problem, it's our itchy trigger finger. We're terrified of whatever's around the next corner, so we keep our guns loaded and in the top drawer of our dresser where our kids can get them, and we sell them to the very strangers we're trying to protect ourselves against because we feel that they should have a right to protect themselves too. We feel that banning guns would intrude on some inherited right to protect ourselves at all costs. It's that same 'inherited and unalienable right' we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, and for the Cold War, and for almost every war since WWII. We Americans are terrified of the other guy. Until this is fixed, guns are going to be a problem in the U.S.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It's that same 'inherited and unalienable right' we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, and for the Cold War, and for almost every war since WWII. We Americans are terrified of the other guy. Until this is fixed, guns are going to be a problem in the U.S.
Canadians have the same media beaming into their homes, and for some reason they don't seem to have the same paranoid chip on their shoulder. (Except for Quebec...and look at the school shootings there.)

I blame religion.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It is required, and no, he wasn't identified as a risk because of laws concerning the privacy of health records and, I believe, the Americans with Disabilities Act.
I read that he was not background checked in the UK press, Times I think. Can you confirm?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Ahaha...my gf is now terrified because her neurotic Thai stepbrother (hooray mailorder brides!) fits his profile pretty well and hates her (and I) with a passion...oh the joys. :rofl:
The ethos you're looking for is preemptive action. Kill him before he flips.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I see your point, and I agree that are laws concerning the sale of guns are absurd, but that is not the problem. What we need to focus on is the American psyche. The VT attack was planned; if not guns, he would have used something else, perhaps a bomb. This guy had mental problems, and was out to kill one way or another.

As for the general population, this nation is already too saturated with guns to logistically do anything about making guns illegal. What needs to change is the American outlook on life. Americans, generally, are scarred shi*less. We're afraid that someone's going to come into our home and kill us in our sleep. We're afraid that a terrorist is going to bomb our suburban homes. We're afraid that the old guy next door is a sexual predator. We're afraid that someone's going shoot up a high school or university campus. The media does anything but help the situation. So what do we do? We buy a gun. But again, it's not the gun that's the problem, it's our itchy trigger finger. We're terrified of whatever's around the next corner, so we keep our guns loaded and in the top drawer of our dresser where our kids can get them, and we sell them to the very strangers we're trying to protect ourselves against because we feel that they should have a right to protect themselves too. We feel that banning guns would intrude on some inherited right to protect ourselves at all costs. It's that same 'inherited and unalienable right' we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, and for the Cold War, and for almost every war since WWII. We Americans are terrified of the other guy. Until this is fixed, guns are going to be a problem in the U.S.
The only place I experienced anything like this attitude and paranoia in the states was Arizona.

San Fran, Oregon, NY never felt like that to me and I certainly never got that vibe from people I hung out or lived with.