Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
what part of webb were those shots taken at?
Theres a drop in to the parking lot by the church, kinda close as far as run in with rocks and trees but not bad. Some kid build a little hip, its great!
Abstrakt wsa taking the pics, I got one with a off scene shot. :D LMAO He thought i was going to run him over and scrambled.
Jason and I hopped the lower jump. At the bottom of the jump park J and i were hitting the jump, he landed right at the drop edge of it. I still need to gauge it a little and its a big fade away.
Its the new ones, theres 2 one is closer and hte other is a little bit back.
Some guys built the step up bigger and gave it a hip landing on the hillside so its like an uphill double.
I went to gauge it and landed the front end on it. 1 more time and i can nail it, it was great we all stepped it up today.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Definitely a great ride today boys!! Did I miss anything exciting on the last run? Did you guys try the big gapper at the bottom of the park again?

"i'm a quadrilateral". Nice post Adam. Did you hit Sully today?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Definitely a great ride today boys!! Did I miss anything exciting on the last run? Did you guys try the big gapper at the bottom of the park again?

"i'm a quadrilateral". Nice post Adam. Did you hit Sully today?
i ended up saying "screw it." i had been boozin' way too hard, and there were a few other factors keeping me off the cycle as well :pirate2:

i got a mixed-blessing bit of news; my favorite friday night haunt is closing the doors next week, so after that, i won't have a good exucse for showing up (or not showing up) hangin' like a plant on saturday morns. that will also mean a reduction is fun stories.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
It may be a bit premature but anybody up for planning a Mammoth/N* trip some time in July? I'm sure the sooner we reserve, the cheaper it may be.

Mammoth lifestyle shot. 07

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Friday: Fontana or The Intense trail followed by little nasty
Saturday: 2 Runs at fontana then off to webb
Sunday: race and sit around!!!!!

Any takers??????

After riding webb last weekend I forgot how much fun it is to just go FR and goof off. I miss just riding, with fontucky taking 2 days on a weekend I cant ride the off weekends usually. So I want to mix it up.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Hey...I'm down for whatever. You guys make WEBB sound pretty dang fun. I hear ya about Fontucky..it is fun but not as fun as just riding everywhere/anywhere. I'd be down to check out WEBB.

Daylight savings this weekend...ready for some afternoon sessions!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hey...I'm down for whatever. You guys make WEBB sound pretty dang fun. I hear ya about Fontucky..it is fun but not as fun as just riding everywhere/anywhere. I'd be down to check out WEBB.

Daylight savings this weekend...ready for some afternoon sessions!
YEP!!!!!!

Adam is coming down with a buddy on thur. night and ready to ride by afternoon so Ill session with those 2 unless anyone else wants to join.
Sat we can hit fontana first then web or web then fontana either way I just want to ride.
Ill call J and A and see if they are down as well.

Hey E are you finally feeling better?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A is gonna be a late show at Webb (if at all - massive party friday and work is still busy). J$ is possibly out for this weekend and next :( i spoke w/ him last night.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Hey E are you finally feeling better?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.....fook! don't get that $hit...it' screwed me for like 5 days.

I'll be ready come Sat.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Friday: Fontana or The Intense trail followed by little nasty
Saturday: 2 Runs at fontana then off to webb
Sunday: race and sit around!!!!!

Any takers??????

After riding webb last weekend I forgot how much fun it is to just go FR and goof off. I miss just riding, with fontucky taking 2 days on a weekend I cant ride the off weekends usually. So I want to mix it up.
I'll be at fontana saturday... if Donny puts the wall in the course, I'll be riding webb with you guys. On the other hand if there's no wall I'm going to try to be competive. What time are you going to leave fontana Saturday?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
It's kinda early, but what's up for saturday? i need to get on the bike. anyone know how to get up caballero to dirt mulholland? i'm feeling up cabballero, down sullivan, then back up. any takers?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
I might be down with that. Rode it a couple weeks ago. Instead of going down Cabballero you should go down Hectic.
don't know where that is. i just went on google maps to find the best route to get up to dirt mulholland without taking the street the whole way. i found a trail called avenida oriente, and googled it and turned out it's also known as caballero.

if you want, come over and we can ride from my house to caballero. it's a 2 mile ride on the road from my house to the base of caballero

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
don't know where that is. i just went on google maps to find the best route to get up to dirt mulholland without taking the street the whole way. i found a trail called avenida oriente, and googled it and turned out it's also known as caballero.

if you want, come over and we can ride from my house to caballero. it's a 2 mile ride on the road from my house to the base of caballero
Its a well marked trail head off Reseda. Caballero is similar to the last section of Sully. Going down Hectic is fun!

A couple weeks ago Taylor did this route:
Up Caballero
Down Farmers
Up Dirt Mullholland
Down Backbone
Down J-Drop
Up Sully Fireroad
Down Cabllero

Fun ride with quite a bit of climbing and downhill.

Have you ridden Backbone or J-Drop yet?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Its a well marked trail head off Reseda. Caballero is similar to the last section of Sully. Going down Hectic is fun!

A couple weeks ago Taylor did this route:
Up Caballero
Down Farmers
Up Dirt Mullholland
Down Backbone
Down J-Drop
Up Sully Fireroad
Down Cabllero

Fun ride with quite a bit of climbing and downhill.

Have you ridden Backbone or J-Drop yet?
that sounds awesome, i need to do some exploring up there. so hectic is off of reseda also?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm there. i'm sure j will be too.

any thoughts on staying in the town vs. staying at base lodge? i liked the base lodge with ANT last year. we got a gang of peeps in there and it worked out to be pretty cheap, and we got no guff over the bikes in the room. but i'm open to ideas.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i've rented a condo down in the village before with some friends for as little as 60 bucks per day per person, if you get enough heads. The condos can be very nice!

I like staying in the village for two reasons.. because the food is really close, and food and beer is all i can think of after a full day of riding... and because if you time it right and take the last lift up to the top, your last run of the day can be skidmarks -> flow -> shotgun, which spits you out right at your condo. Perfect!

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
i've rented a condo down in the village before with some friends for as little as 60 bucks per day per person, if you get enough heads. The condos can be very nice!

I like staying in the village for two reasons.. because the food is really close, and food and beer is all i can think of after a full day of riding... and because if you time it right and take the last lift up to the top, your last run of the day can be skidmarks -> flow -> shotgun, which spits you out right at your condo. Perfect!
i would tend to agree with all of thee above......... but when it comes down to it , your in freekin' mammoth:happydance:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
yea. i'm happy to just be there, even a Motel 6 will do.

dude. i rode Gordon's R9 in SLO all last weekend. :biggrin:
unreal!

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Last year I stayed at a killer motel about 100 yards from the village. Room was huge and it cost $65/night.

J and Randy can attest to the accommodation's.

My plan is to be there opening weekend.