Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
im beat too

ok no im not, just tryin to fit in

i did go to the most HI-larious thetrical preformance today though,

either of you asses ever heard of the reduced shakespere company?

they do the COMPLETE works of shakepere in under 2 hours

well i ususally dont go to plays, i think that was my first one ever actually, and i have to say...

its cool

now,
for the DRAMA F@G jokes....

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Well 2 days later I'm still bloody sore.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my freind Matt who was driving the other boat from Karekare
He managed to catch a Mullet during the race.
it was big enough that when he ran it over with the boat the klonk when it hit the prop guard made him stop to see what had happened to it.
and Rob who was crewing saw the Mullet lying there utterly stunned grabed it and threw it into the boat!
Unbeliveable he had time to catch a fish in the middle of the race and still beat me by 2 places.:rolleyes:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Originally posted by Jorvik
Can you explain the format of the race again? I don't quite follow what it actually was.
ditto

what kind of boats are they?

11foot whale boats or like shells?

sounds like whale boats but you never know...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
An IRB is an Inflatable boat....Like a Zodiac.
2.4 meters long with a 30hp outboard motor.

The race is a distance of 60miles (from one end of the beach to the other).
The whole distance to be spent in the surf break, except at 4 compulsory fuel stops, and a stop to carry the boat over a sandspit halfway down (worst part of the race carrying the boat/motor/fuel 100meters over soft sand.).
And about 1 third of the way down you leave the surf break and circle an island 1km offshore.
And then again at the last fuel stop 2 of the crew have to run half a km inland climb a hill (200ft high) and return while the third member tries to refuel the boat (not easy single handed).

By the end of it you are so tired that as you battle the waves you just get thrown around like a rag doll in the boat.

The waves out at the Island were F**Kin scary! :eek:
out there they were running at about 12ft.
and solid. It was like haveing green 2 story houses comeing at you at 20miles an hour.
then there was the huge back wash off the Island. the waves would come at you from any angle.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
why are you so beat if you didnt even have to row?

man youve got it easy, try entering a reggatta....

****ing all out of the seat rows in your boat, then youve got all the ****ing knots, then the rope climb....

people in my crew can ****ing climb the rope in 2.7seconds...

i do it in like 11 seconds...

oh man it is fun though!

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Monkeyboy, nobody cares.

And Dave, that sound like it must've been SWEET.

I'm going for a 1.3 mile bay swim in the morning, using only underwater strokes. This will be my longest swim, not to mention one of my first few ocean swim. It should be a good time.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
sounds awsome

yah i figured you wouldnt care, i was pissed had to let some **** out sorry comrade

Comrade??:confused:

You gonna be first against the wall when the revolution comes my brother.:devil:

.....Oh stuff this waiting for the revolution .
Guys lets just throw monkey boy against the wall and shoot him. :cool: :D :dead: :monkey:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
righ right right

but its not assualt to throw me at a wall and then shoot me right?

RIGHT???

RIGHT?

RIGHT???

Quite correct it's not assualt to do that to you ....it's public Duty. :p

However don't worry you'll be in good company.
....I'm sure it won't be long now before the
Emperor Hiro Hito Fascisim Revivalist fan club's death squads catch up with me and do the same to me. :(
Apparently they resent my Usurping their power with my gathering of the forces of evil under my Dominion....in order to bring on the Apocalipse.:devil: :devil: :devil:

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Sexual assault is different than regular assault. And battery is making physical contact with the intent to cause bodily harm. Would touching somebody "down there" be battery? I think it'd be sexual assault, but then again, I'm just a simple amature gynocologist.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
**** that sucks!

i actually feel bad for you, you would think i would be full of glee, but after hearing the word scoped my god damned feelings kicked in

good luck, asstestical.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yes you will be a one legged ass kicking machine. :p

good luck dude.:(

Anyway my team did pretty damm good in the race over the weekend. :D :D

It was officially the largest mountain bike event in the woprld!
with OVER 3,000 riders involved.
There were about 60 doing the race solo but the rest of us were in relay teams of 5 (12 hour length race, from 10.30am - 10.30pm).

There were 500+ teams in my division (mixed open) and we came 18th equal!!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :D

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Congrats Mr. W. My race weekend was less exciting. I had arrived at the mountain rather late friday night, and then met up with some people from my general area. We f'ed around until about 1 or so, when the RV of a friend's team finally showed up. We shot the s with them until about 2, and then went back to the hotel. 4:45 rolls around and some douchebag knocks on the door and tells us it's time to get up. Close door, sleep till 6. Load up, drive, register, on the mountain by 7:45. 3 practice runs without issue, 1st race run, slower than my usual(hadn't ridden downhill for ~2 months, still a respectable time) 2nd race run, I decide to pin it, but my chain decides to break, so i go the last 3rd of the course without pedalling. at the bottom, get off, sprint my cycle across the slightly uphill finish. 4th place by 3 seconds:mad: :mad: :mad:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Oooooh that bites Amateur. :(

up dated placeings...18th not equal..

mixed open results we are team geeks
(got that name from the make up of our team. German, English, English, Kiwi, Scotish.)

Not bad considering the number of pro riders out there (and most of the national cycling squad)
including olympic medalists.
But I must say rideing a steel full sus DH bike around that XC course was hard work.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Good job to you both.

On a good note for me, I FINALLY got a new fake id this weekend. Thank god. You might not see me on the board as much because I'll be in a drunken stupor most of the time.

Not that thats too different from what I'm usually, but you know how it is.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Bah, with the chain, i most likely would have gotten 3rd (3 seconds off) possibly 2nd (4.37 off) but the arse who should definately have race JrX decided not to and won by 27 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.