Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Others will likely be stopping at the Trout River Brewery and stocking up for the weekend but I plan on bringing three different batches of home-brewed beer with me for general consumption. So far we have a IIPA which is sitting in my fermenter now:

And on deck, waiting to be brewed I have a California Common (steam beer) and a Saison, both to be named still. All three are original recipes I came up with, hopefully they come out well.

looks like that snowboarder dude...whats his name Shawn White??

splat

Nam I am
Well I have a Change in Plans. I will Be attending still and So will My Wife , But My 10 Year old Son Peter will also Be coming along for the fun. I don't really think the lodge at night is a Good thing to have a 10 Year old at . so we are going to be staying at the village inn B&B.

he is very excited about attending his first Monkey Fest.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well I have a Change in Plans. I will Be attending still and So will My Wife , But My 10 Year old Son Peter will also Be coming along for the fun. I don't really think the lodge at night is a Good thing to have a 10 Year old at . so we are going to be staying at the village inn B&B.

he is very excited about attending his first Monkey Fest.
:thumb: That's GREAT that Peter is going to be able to come (and I think you're right about teh drunken wee hours at the lodge for him)! I will still plan dinner & snacks to include the 3 of you if you'd like.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Ya buncha pansies! He's old enough to know what goes on when you let a bunch of bikers rule themselves for a weekend.

(j/k Splat, you've probably made the wiser choice, his mind will likely get warped in it's own time, no need to rush things)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
count my white ass in! I'll hang with yinz at the ole lodge, and hopefully be feeling better for the first day of riding than I did last year!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
99% sure i'll be there. taking time off at my new job isn't too difficult as long as i do it a few weeks in advance.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Perhaps I should start a running list so I know how many to buy food for and divi up the lodge bunks! (that should also give people a little closer idea of cost for the lodge). I'll keep updating this list for a while!

So far:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BadDNA
berkshire rider
Brungeman
Devy & Isa
HypNoTic
dirtrider2
douglas
Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
gnurider1080
IAB & MBC
ito
johnbryanpeters
Jozz & the super-fast French Quarter dwellers
Jrogers
McGRP01
powernapper & miatagal96 ???
Quo Fan & Big T
Riding
Splat, Mrs. Splat & Peter
TurnerGrl
Veggie Girl
BikeGeek (tentative yes)
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???
MMcG ???
pigboy ???
Sandwich ???
Westy ???
Narlus ???

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm new to Ride Monkey but I recognize a few names from other boards. Count me and my wife in. What level of riders will there be. I would like to do a few rides with my wife (she's and intermediate rider) and a few faster rides without her while she rides with a slower group.

It's July 20-22 right? I will start looking into accomodations today.

Kevin
There are literally riders of all abilities there. With a group this size, we'll have to break into smaller groups. The last couple of times I've been up there, I've stuck with the "moderate pace" group. Trying to keep up with the fast guys would kill me.

Edit: July 20-22 is correct. Some of us will get up ther early enough Friday to ride for a few hours.

BTW, several of us (myself, MtnBikerChk, Splat and wife) are staying here. I called yesterday and there are a couple of rooms still available. It's spitting distance from where the monkey lodge is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm 75% sure I'm in for the 'fest. Since I can not stand the smell of you people I'll probably camp too. Is there anything I need to do for that, like reservations?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm 75% sure I'm in for the 'fest. Since I can not stand the smell of you people I'll probably camp too. Is there anything I need to do for that, like reservations?
Well that depends. If you want to camp at the campground, you'll need a reservation. If you want to camp in the lodge's backyard, just show up and pick a spot. Be careful though or BadDNA will blast your tent with his potato cannon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well that depends. If you want to camp at the campground, you'll need a reservation. If you want to camp in the lodge's backyard, just show up and pick a spot. Be careful though or BadDNA will blast your tent with his potato cannon.
Lodge backyard is fine by me. And let this be a warning to BadDNA, I will return fire with my air cannon which is many times more powerful than some tater tosser.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Lodge backyard is fine by me. And let this be a warning to BadDNA, I will return fire with my air cannon which is many times more powerful than some tater tosser.
That almost sounds like a challenge... :popcorn:

(I know the pneumatic cannons are generally more powerful than the combustion cannons, but it's all in fun right.)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That almost sounds like a challenge... :popcorn:

(I know the pneumatic cannons are generally more powerful than the combustion cannons, but it's all in fun right.)
A challenge it is. (this isn't your average solenoid cannon either, it is much more efficient. But since I live on a .5 acre lot I haven't had the chance to fine tune it.)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
A challenge it is. (this isn't your average solenoid cannon either, it is much more efficient. But since I live on a .5 acre lot I haven't had the chance to fine tune it.)
a better challange is to keep up with damn canadians - none of us pokey americans could last year :disgust:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm new to Ride Monkey but I recognize a few names from other boards. Count me and my wife in. What level of riders will there be. I would like to do a few rides with my wife (she's and intermediate rider) and a few faster rides without her while she rides with a slower group.

It's July 20-22 right? I will start looking into accomodations today.

Kevin
There are literally all abilities. You're also welcome to stay at the lodge, but I can't guarantee you a private room at this point.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I will take care of it for you. (And I am really working on my smell). There is plenty of room for camping at the lodge and I will be bringing food for everyone again this year so you really just have to show up and hand me a beer every once in a while and you're taken care of!