Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Pigboy, Willing to try almost anything, once the beer is flowing who knows.
Have just started riding a muni might have to bring it up and after a few beers let u try. Most fun Ive had on one wheel....
let's just see if i can scrape the pesos together to get my ass to the event before scheduling me for unicycle injuries. Also be aware that judges are NOT eligible for awards in "Yee Olde Noobsaux Injurie Conteste".

and now to get a cold beer as this one has expired....

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
The second day I made the mistake of following the canadians, I think I was dropped in like 20 minutes or something. Its a bit of a sobering sight to arrive at a fork in the trail and they are so far ahead of you that you have no clue where they went:)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The second day I made the mistake of following the canadians, I think I was dropped in like 20 minutes or something. Its a bit of a sobering sight to arrive at a fork in the trail and they are so far ahead of you that you have no clue where they went:)
That's about 19:30 longer than I can hang with them.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just to let you know that the stupid fast French Canadian crew will be in attendance for the event, watever date is fine with us.

Things might get a bit faster though since we are already training intensly in the gym spinning & lifting. We should peak at around mid to end of July...

I've already planned the route for the fast t'ill you die group. Climb up to campground, down the Mooses, white school section, and then last year's ride. Should be fun!

See you all there!

J.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Just to let you know that the stupid fast French Canadian crew will be in attendance for the event, watever date is fine with us.

Things might get a bit faster though since we are already training intensly in the gym spinning & lifting. We should peak at around mid to end of July...

I've already planned the route for the fast t'ill you die group. Climb up to campground, down the Mooses, white school section, and then last year's ride. Should be fun!

See you all there!

J.

:thumb: Glad you all will be able to make it. I'll be drinking beers with you, but definintely not able to keep up with the race...errr ride pace ;)

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Lets put Dave on a bike under 30lbs and see how he makes out. :think: Have you forgotten the Otis ride when he was on the Green Specialized demo from Jeff?

It would still be funny to see Dave hanging with them on the SX trail and the big Marz.
You mean this ride!

I think I'll throw Monkeyfest on my calendar for the summer. I need something to look forward too.

Plus the Killington Granny Gear race is the following weekend(7/28-29), so there's no conflict there as I'd like to use that as a goal as well.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work

See you all there!

J.
You're going down Frenchie!!!!11

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

See you all there!

J.
MmmmMmmm............ Poundcake!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'll propose and happily participate in the first event:

Drunken Ballfield Criterium:

1 hour, laps around a course TBD, 10 lap primes to include things such as shots of whisky, beer chugs, etc...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
SS for life! You?

I know you guys will kick my ass but I will be talking smack the whole time :)
Own one... haven't ridden it since building it. Same bike you rode, but newer black frame.

As far as banned Monkeys, they just have to ride in the back of the pack and clean up after those hungover Monkeys. :monkey:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
At least bring it so I can drool on it... I'm already looking forward to MF2007!
I'll give you a head start!

btw, are you guys going pass Waterbury on you way to the Kingdom? That's one hellova ride you need to do!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That bike looks evil! :devil:

I am considering taking a week off around MF and riding many places. You should volunteer to be my trailguide!

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
Me me mememememe! I'm in! Can't wait to go back to KT with y'all. Last year's MF Part Deux was WAY FUN. :clapping:

TreeSaw: we need to recruit more mudhunnies to come this time around. Last time around the ratio was like 10:1!

Veggie Girl

P.S.--Tigg: will you be miffed if I bum a ride off Tequila up to KT?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Me me mememememe! I'm in! Can't wait to go back to KT with y'all. Last year's MF Part Deux was WAY FUN. :clapping:

TreeSaw: we need to recruit more mudhunnies to come this time around. Last time around the ratio was like 10:1!

Veggie Girl

P.S.--Tigg: will you be miffed if I bum a ride off Tequila up to KT?
There will be some more mudhunnies this year! So far, we're up to 5-6 and it's only February!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
this thread has me so excited to go there... right now... jeesh.
I am hoping to make it his year. I wont know for sure until closer to the date though. But i am more than willing to camp outside in a tent if I must!!! there is room for that right??

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
There will be some more mudhunnies this year! So far, we're up to 5-6 and it's only February!!!
Woo hoo! :lighten: I'll check with our local mudhunnies and see if anyone from the Capital District is interested in helping us even out the odds a little bit.

Women on the trail be representin', y'all!