Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
yes but she is sloooooow ,and we will need to work on her stamina too.
Slow and steady is the way to go, my friend. I'd be happy to have someone in back to keep me company! :monkey:

IAB and Tree Saw, you guys up for leading another "stop and smell the roses" 5-6hr. ride on Saturday?

The "designated sweeper,"
Veggie Girl

P.S.--Splat, I'll leave the "endurance training" up to you! ;)

Slow and steady is the way to go, my friend. I'd be happy to have someone in back to keep me company! :monkey:

IAB and Tree Saw, you guys up for leading another "stop and smell the roses" 5-6hr. ride on Saturday?

The "designated sweeper,"
Veggie Girl

P.S.--Splat, I'll leave the "endurance training" up to you! ;)
As long as you don't plan on being "dead last..." Because that's MY place!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
UPDATE: We've got the Lodge for July 20th -22nd (checking in Friday afternoon and checking out Sunday afternoon). Is that long enough or should I ask for Thursday night or Sunday night too?

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
As long as you don't plan on being "dead last..." Because that's MY place!
MTBChick: you say that now only b/c you have yet to become acquainted with the "Veggie Girl death grip" (patent pending) on my brakes at all times. If there was a national Team S.L.O.W., all my rides would be sponsored! :)

TreeSaw: so theoretically, we could do a Friday night ride, all day Saturday ride (and all-evening eating/drinking fest), and a Sunday AM ride before we hop in the cars and head home? Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. :clapping:

When do you need definite confirmations/total head count/$$ by?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah thats how it worked out last year, although the night ride that started out as a small ride I remember turned into quite a long one which was fine because I was in the lodge hoping the canadians would wear themselves out for the rest of the weekend. Treesaw you can mark me down as 98% sure I cant go but 100% sure I want to go, or in otherwords I may make show up unexpectedly but if I do I'll bring a tent and money / food/ beer.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
There are generally lots of bikes around so I would bet we can find one that fits ;)

I'm down with multiple kegs (we have to have variety people)!
i just got caught up reading. er i have no way of getting there. i was high and on heavy medication that day. i like travelling but i doubt i could pull it off.

well it got me thinking at the internet cafe that day

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
TreeSaw: so theoretically, we could do a Friday night ride, all day Saturday ride (and all-evening eating/drinking fest), and a Sunday AM ride before we hop in the cars and head home? Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. :clapping:

That is the current plan. I won't need a head count & $$$ until May/June. He isn't going to ask me for payment & send me the paperwork until mid-late June.

MTBChick: you say that now only b/c you have yet to become acquainted with the "Veggie Girl death grip" (patent pending) on my brakes at all times. If there was a national Team S.L.O.W., all my rides would be sponsored! :)

we'll see! :pirate2:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
i'm a definite, maybe, might show up and ride. will try and drag the sister along so that random sweaty drunk guys can chat her up. she only rides horses or we'd sign her up for the "stupid mt bike injury contest"

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
i'm a definite, maybe, might show up and ride. will try and drag the sister along so that random sweaty drunk guys can chat her up. she only rides horses or we'd sign her up for the "stupid mt bike injury contest"
Good times! Anything to mellow the Sausage Fest '07 vibe that virtually all mountian bike events have is welcome.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I should be able to make it this year. Bringing the Epic (sounds like its the wiser choice over the Turner but will have to make sure its up and running since I pretty much never take it out..guess I'll have time between now and July!) and the Big Hit so we can hit up some of the freeride terrain, too! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I should be able to make it this year. Bringing the Epic (sounds like its the wiser choice over the Turner but will have to make sure its up and running since I pretty much never take it out..guess I'll have time between now and July!) and the Big Hit so we can hit up some of the freeride terrain, too! :thumb:
Sweet! We're going to end up with lots of mud hunnies representin' :D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Well, a change of plans will keep me on the East Coast for a bit longer than I first expected. I'll be heading to Monkeyfest for sure!

Bring on the Canadians!

I also expect all of you to be in much better beer drinking shape this time around. I was thoroughly disappointed when I came home with half the beer I'd brought up there. So start training now (I'm sure you all are)!

The Ito

ito

Oct 3, 2003
I'm pretty stoked as well. A whole summer of riding brand new trails. I'm going to have to look into a few 12 and 24 hour races, plus a weekend+ trip to the Adirondacks. Add Monkeyfest to that and I don't think I'll be missing out on the NORBA races.

By the way, I think the criterium around the baseball field needs to be a bit more hardcore. I vote for potatoes being fired at the riders from the deck.

The Ito

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'm pretty stoked as well. A whole summer of riding brand new trails. I'm going to have to look into a few 12 and 24 hour races, plus a weekend+ trip to the Adirondacks. Add Monkeyfest to that and I don't think I'll be missing out on the NORBA races.

By the way, I think the criterium around the baseball field needs to be a bit more hardcore. I vote for potatoes being fired at the riders from the deck.

The Ito
Hey, good times! By the way, I found a frisbee in my car a while ago...wouldn't happen to be yours, would it?

Can't wait to get up to the KT again. I started honing my deck sleeping skills by spending a night in an AT shelter this weekend.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I was thinking of dragging up some ladder bridges and a teeter totter if I can get them to fit in the back of my truck, add those to the crit course and find some way to incorporate the wooden bleachers or the playground equipment and I think we're in business.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Well, a change of plans will keep me on the East Coast for a bit longer than I first expected. I'll be heading to Monkeyfest for sure!

Bring on the Canadians!

I also expect all of you to be in much better beer drinking shape this time around. I was thoroughly disappointed when I came home with half the beer I'd brought up there. So start training now (I'm sure you all are)!

The Ito
:thumb: I'm training all right..no more pumping and lots of drinking for this year!!!! I'll need plenty of beer to nurse me into riding shape :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

The Ito
Check out the Hardcore24 it's a great 24 hour event in Cutler, NY (within 1.5 hour of Rochester). And, if you need a place to ride & crash during your tour de Adirondacks, drop me a note!

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
The Ito
Ito, if you plan on heading east to the Albany/Capital District region sometime this year, give Tequila Doug or I a shout out and we can take out on some awesome trails (or find some friendly MTBers interested in exploring the 'Dacks). Not to speak for TreeSaw and Sq-earl, but if you want to ride SMBA, they're the local "power couple" to hit up for the opportunity.... TreeSaw, you accept BEER for as payment for ride leader duty, right? :cheers:

Shameless plug: check out http://www.capitalmtb.org for local ride calendar, events, etc. happening in our area.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ito, if you plan on heading east to the Albany/Capital District region sometime this year, give Tequila Doug or I a shout out and we can take out on some awesome trails (or find some friendly MTBers interested in exploring the 'Dacks). Not to speak for TreeSaw and Sq-earl, but if you want to ride SMBA, they're the local "power couple" to hit up for the opportunity.... TreeSaw, you accept BEER for as payment for ride leader duty, right? :cheers:

Shameless plug: check out http://www.capitalmtb.org for local ride calendar, events, etc. happening in our area.
Hell yeah I accept beer, and tequila, bourbon, etc ;)

ito

Oct 3, 2003
Check out the Hardcore24 it's a great 24 hour event in Cutler, NY (within 1.5 hour of Rochester). And, if you need a place to ride & crash during your tour de Adirondacks, drop me a note!
Yup, my roommate's shop puts that race on each year. I'll be rocking it duo or solo I believe. And Tequila got me thinking about Pat's Peak. Those two races would make for an awesome couple of weekends.

And thanks for the invites everyone! I'll keep them in mind as I look into some explorations.

And James, is it a University of Melbourne frisbee? Cause if so, ya, that is mine. Hold onto it until Monkey Fest would ya?

The Ito

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

The Ito
give me a shout if you are looking for a teammate for a 12 or 24

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yup, my roommate's shop puts that race on each year. I'll be rocking it duo or solo I believe. And Tequila got me thinking about Pat's Peak. Those two races would make for an awesome couple of weekends.

And thanks for the invites everyone! I'll keep them in mind as I look into some explorations.

And James, is it a University of Melbourne frisbee? Cause if so, ya, that is mine. Hold onto it until Monkey Fest would ya?

The Ito
Sweet! I should be going solo at both events as well :thumb:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Others will likely be stopping at the Trout River Brewery and stocking up for the weekend but I plan on bringing three different batches of home-brewed beer with me for general consumption. So far we have a IIPA which is sitting in my fermenter now:

And on deck, waiting to be brewed I have a California Common (steam beer) and a Saison, both to be named still. All three are original recipes I came up with, hopefully they come out well.