Quantcast

2009 Beech Mountain Triple Crown Series

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Hey man i just wanted to say nice site, its really well done you have some skills.
good luck for the future.

And there was so many photographers and no pictures yet...:confused:
just wondering if they are going to have there own place to post it or is it just going to be up on the website.
Thanks! I had a lot of fun working on it. As for the photos, unless Ryan sends the photos or is given permission to link to them, I really can't post others photos. Hopefully someone will post their work up for everyone to see.

Man I wish I could have been there but I was laid-off about 4 weeks ago and couldn't justify the cost of driving up. I was really looking forward to taking part in the event.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
There are some really nice shots in that link above. Great job. I really want to get better with action photography and wanted to get up there for that as well. Maybe I will be employed by the next one and able to afford the trip.

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
when the race results are posted, is it going to have the point we earned also?
and when are the results going to be posted

Jun 11, 2004
what!!?? when did the 2nd race change from the 1st/2nd to the 8th/9th? the DH gods must not want me to race this season!
I noticed that the website and the flyer are now the same. So I am ASSuming that Race #2 is August 8-9...... just wanted to TRIPLE confirm this info. Trying to make some summer plans with the family, but do not want to miss Race #2. Thanks!

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
Bring him/her up to inspect the course, make sure it is appropriate per skill level and I will take care of you.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
This is awesome to see racing happening again at Beech MTB. I'm just getting back in the mtb seen again. I'm going to try and make it up their for the last race at least. My skills mite be a little rusty, but I'm sure it won't take long to get the hang of it. Would be nice to have some Dual Slalom action their also. The old school flat turn gate bashing course they had in the old halfpipe was fast and fun.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
This is awesome to see racing happening again at Beech MTB. I'm just getting back in the mtb seen again. I'm going to try and make it up their for the last race at least. My skills mite be a little rusty, but I'm sure it won't take long to get the hang of it. Would be nice to have some Dual Slalom action their also. The old school flat turn gate bashing course they had in the old halfpipe was fast and fun.
Bring your slalom bike. Lees McRae's ds course is worth an afternoon minimum. Oh...and a yellow Turner to make it officially old school. Where's your brother these days? For a few years there, he'd randomly have a result pop up at far away destinations.

Last edited:

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Bring your slalom bike. Lindsey Wilson's ds course is worth an afternoon minimum. Oh...and a yellow Turner to make it officially old school. Where's your brother these days? For a few years there, he'd randomly have a result pop up at far away destinations.
Butch,
Old school yellow Turner no more. I still wish I had that bike, it always treated me very well. It was a podium spot for sure. Now these days I'm riding a Spec. Enduro. It's good to see some friend's that I raced with back in the day! Hope to make it back up their soon to my old stomping grounds...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Butch,
Old school yellow Turner no more. I still wish I had that bike, it always treated me very well. It was a podium spot for sure. Now these days I'm riding a Spec. Enduro. It's good to see some friend's that I raced with back in the day! Hope to make it back up their soon to my old stomping grounds...
They served me well for years too...so well, I went back to the well. Saw this and it reminded me of yours...only better: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/photos/view/177027

Here's mine. Still scrounging for parts, so it's basicly a very expensive paperweight:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Not that anyone rides there without people from the school, but I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the policy at Lees McRae regarding the slalom track. Make sure you have permission/someone who has permission with you at the slalom track, no one besides students are supposed to ride it at all but it's a pretty lax policy so just make sure someone from LMC is there! This is a school policy the administration established and they will shut down the course if people don't comply, it's real easy to find someone to ride it with who has permission from the school and there are no issues! Some people may not care that much or only ride it one time while they're in town for the race, but for us who live up here and everyone at LMC and ASU, we'd be stoked if it stayed there for us to enjoy!

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2009
The first episode of a new tv show called High Country Adventures features a segment on the first leg of the Triple Crown. You can check out the segment on the website www.highcountryadventures.net. Check out the show (downhill action is first) and let me know what you think of the format, the action, and anything else. We'll be covering as many cycling events as possible this summer so let us know if there are any events that you'd like to see covered.
Keep rippin',

Eric
highcountryadventures.net

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
So is the practice only from 12 to 3 now? that kinda sucks why the cut down? or is it from midnight till 3?

Saturday:

* Registration 10 am to 2 pm.
* Rider meeting at the View Haus deck at 9:45.
* Practice 12 am to 3 pm.
* Pro qualifying starts at 3:30.

Sunday:

* Registration 8 to 9 am.
* Rider meeting at the View Haus deck 9 am.
* Practice 9:30 to 11:30 am.
* Race starts at 12 noon.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I think its for liability reasons.
Instead of 5,000 crashes on Saturday at the last race,
maybe this race will only have 3,000.
Ha, I saw more people lying on the ground last time than the morning after our high school peach orchard parties.:rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I think (hope) it's a typo, the rider meeting still says 9:45am, and I believe 12am is midnight, not noon.
Seeing your screen name reminds me of why we used to have really long practices when our crew put on races...to bolster participation from far off riders and overnight stays at local lodging. Maybe if riders request extended practice to justify the travel, etc...they might reconsider extending practice to garner additional ridership. :thumb:

Make those phone calls and emails gents and lasses.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah, Butch you make a good point. I am on the fence about going and the short window in practice time isn't twisting my arm!
5 1/2 hr. drive up for me so looking to get some runs fo sho!
Can someone get a positive on those times? It would also determine which day I would leave...
And so I don't show up at 11.30 to find practice has been going on for an hour or two.

Bethea give me a shout!

Last edited:

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
FloridaFish were are you located in Fl. I,m looking for some people to travel with to make the trips to NC cheaper.
I'm coming from Jupiter (north of WPB). You heading up for this race? I was the only floridian last time and made quite a poor showing, hoping to improve on last place this time.

ininerider

Chimp
Jul 5, 2009
Banner Elk NC
Got an email from Ryan concerning the time change so it is not a typo. Dont let a shorter practice time dicourage anyone from attending this event. We need good turnouts at these races so we can do it again next season. The last one was fun and this one will be too. Rained today but weather looks good from here on out, the course should be running good by sat.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Got an email from Ryan concerning the time change so it is not a typo. Dont let a shorter practice time dicourage anyone from attending this event. We need good turnouts at these races so we can do it again next season. The last one was fun and this one will be too. Rained today but weather looks good from here on out, the course should be running good by sat.

So why is practice time significantly shorter? Does the race cost less because we are getting less value than last time?

I'm guessing this is a Beech decision but it really sucks from a customer standpoint.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
I'm coming from Jupiter (north of WPB). You heading up for this race? I was the only floridian last time and made quite a poor showing, hoping to improve on last place this time.
I'm not going to this race, but it would be nice to make the last race in Sept. and some of the other races later this year.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
This kind of sh!t just shows what everyone already knows - that no ski resorts in the area give a flying fvck about mountain biking. Same sh!t, different resort I guess. Hopefully the Hawksnest peeps will restore some faith.

I'll go regardless - I'm sure this isn't Ryan's fault but it blows balls.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
I'm making progress, just picked this up lastnight. The only bad thing is that it's a small frame and I should be on a medium. The cool part is that it was free and it's a Turner.

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not going to this race, but it would be nice to make the last race in Sept. and some of the other races later this year.
Cool, I'm heading up for this race and the Hawksnest Race, not sure about the Sept. beech race, just too much driving and too many days off.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hunh? Practice or Ride time is the main reason to show up! If practice is shorter than the time you have to drive by several hours hard to justify!
If you want good turnouts then you need to offer all day riding or at least 5-6 hours.
Cuttin' it to 3 hours makes it all a rush to get the trails and the bike dialed in for the race.
So you want us to come? Then make it worth it, I don't mind paying a little more but,
cmon you need more ride time on Sat.

Last edited:

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Well this is why I have never raced. Spend so much $$$ for just a few runs and stand arround all day. I was planing to make this my first and to show support for possible park in the area. I don't think this is any riders idea but
how many runs can you possibly get with a big crowd in such a short time? Not sure if I will make the trip since part of the idea for me was to ride all day Sat. I wish the best for future events and (who knows) a lift access park.
Just hard to justify the $$ + time for so little time riding. Will see. :wtf: