Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Do you guys think it was Quenville who called for that craptastic change in OT???

When will teams learn to change better in the 2nd periods and in the first OT periods of the playoffs????

And I can't believe Pronger gets away with all his cheap shot crap? If you went back and reviewed his attempt to hit Kane I'm sure you'll see a blatant attempt to injure elbow being thrown there. If it had landed fully (Kane sorta slipped it a bit) - it would have been a suspension-worthy hit.

C'mon Blackhawks - take care of business in Game 4 - go back home and win the damned cup in Game 5 please!
Agrees, agrees, agrees...oh, I like what you did there...

Pronger is a dirty bastard, nodoubtabootit. At the end of the 3d, I was saying dump the coaches and let the boys play shinny...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Agrees, agrees, agrees...oh, I like what you did there...

Pronger is a dirty bastard, nodoubtabootit. At the end of the 3d, I was saying dump the coaches and let the boys play shinny...
I was thinking to myself while watching that bad change -"oh no here comes the game winner" and sure enough it happened.

Hey Baldwin is trying to bring back the Whalers to Hartford! :D

Go Whale!!!!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Bad change + lackadaisical backcheck + tenacious Flyer rally+ Game 5 at least. Thats okay, they always have bounced back well after a loss, and Game 5 means they can finish at home...if they pull their haeds out...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Interesting game so far. The Hawks top line has finally showed some signs of life, but still has yet to produce. Leighton has looked really good.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I had to work...saw the last 12 seconds. Is it worth watching the other 58:48?

We got a series now boys...buckle up!
If you TiVo'd it, yeah, I'd watch it. Wasn't the best game in the series yet, but still good.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was loving the fact that Pronger was on the ice or in the penalty box for all but one of Chicago's goals last night.

Nice win by the Blackhawks! But will this be a home team dominated series, or can Chicago go in to Philly and close the deal in Game 6??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was loving the fact that Pronger was on the ice or in the penalty box for all but one of Chicago's goals last night.

Nice win by the Blackhawks! But will this be a home team dominated series, or can Chicago go in to Philly and close the deal in Game 6??

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Pronger was a -5 last night. I don't get where people think he is this great d-man. All he can do is cross check people

Big Byf is a monster. Did you see that goal celebration after the EN goal.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good lineup changes by Quenneville starting at the end of Game 4 and carrying over into Game 5.

I gotta say - I'm not a big Hossa fan - but I give him credit for working his ass off out there. He seems determined to not go three years without a cup.

Who gets the start for Philly in Game 6? Go back to Leighton, or shake things up and give Boucher the nod? I say ya gotta go back to Leighton.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I think you have to go with Leighton. The whole he got you here thing and I mean it was one game. He may come out and stop everything in Game 6.

And MMcG, do you really think the Whales are coming back?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think you have to go with Leighton. The whole he got you here thing and I mean it was one game. He may come out and stop everything in Game 6.

And MMcG, do you really think the Whales are coming back?
Well I don't know about the Whale returning, but Baldwin is making a push here in CT for them to return.

Lots of potential roadblocks though - big one being no real cable outlet to broadcast games.

I just changed Avatars to support Joel Quenneville. :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I liked the lineup moves too...threats all over the place now. Prongers douchenozzlery continues...I understand gamesmanship, but he really comes off like a tool. His brother comes off fairly cool, how is he such a nozzle?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Well I don't know about the Whale returning, but Baldwin is making a push here in CT for them to return.

Lots of potential roadblocks though - big one being no real cable outlet to broadcast games.

I just changed Avatars to support Joel Quenneville. :D
I heard that Baldwin was starting that up all again. It will never happen because Bettman would rather keep the awesome hockey markets of Atlanta, Phoenix and Florida.

I did not know that was Quenneville, but how could I miss the stache.

I changed my Avatar because it was the last year of the Johnstown Chiefs aka Charleston Chiefs

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I wanted to do a Greg Millen Avatar but it looked like crapola when I tried to re-size it.

I'm a Goalie Dad now - Dad of a Goalie - so I'm being consumed by old and new goalies and goalie gear etc. etc.

I should consider strapping on the pads myself as a way to play for free. ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I like his Jofa helmet/cage combo! Can you imagine a goalie taking a slapper from one of today's players with the new composite sticks wearing one of those combos??? Yikes!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I like his Jofa helmet/cage combo! Can you imagine a goalie taking a slapper from one of today's players with the new composite sticks wearing one of those combos??? Yikes!
Do you remember Tommy Soderstrom? So bad...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
they ripped mmike off.....or was it acadian who put mmike in the tutu?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for jsg04.......

if it isn't working...double click on it..

Last edited: