Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How about Ottawa last night eh? the Penguins looked "disinterested" for much of the game. Weird. Ottawa isn't going to just roll over for them because they are defending Cup champs - quite the opposite. Could there be a 1st Round upset brewing in this series?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
26 minutes and change on the ice for Ovie and no shots on goal - wow.

Halak was excellent in net tonight and the guys who have to step up for the Habs did so. Good win.

Boston falls short against the Sabres.

This Vancouver vs. LA game is fun to watch. The Sedins have really improved their game over the last two years.......they can now absolutely fly up and down the ice. That speed with those hands = deadly combo!

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
god damn Bruins have to get more quality shots on net, and hit more.

Miller looked good in net. then again so did Rask. going to be a good series.

Thought the officiating was inconsistent as well, but what are you going to do.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
god damn Bruins have to get more quality shots on net, and hit more.

Miller looked good in net. then again so did Rask. going to be a good series.

Thought the officiating was inconsistent as well, but what are you going to do.
Officiting was freaking dumb! So mush was overlooked in both team's favor. Lots of fighting too. Bruins had a hell of a second period.

Just scored tickets for game 2@1:00pm tomorrow:p I'm on a freaking roll:thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Preds could prove formidable. Their goaltender is pretty friggin good. Teams like Nash sure do fall under the radar during the regular season. They've got some decent talent on that club.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
GREAT game by the Desert Dogs...whats in the water in Phoenix?

Better game by the Hawks, better puck movement, no dumb retaliations, good poise etc. Nashville does seem content to give up the perimeter...gotta shoot the puck boys.

TJ Galiardi is my new hero...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Just remember In 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008, the Red Wings lost 2 games in the first round.:thumb:

What's with Ottawa? Do they have any defense? I watched them (admittedly for the first time) yesterday and they control the puck, control the zone, and get very little chances on net, and then the second they lose the puck, pittsburgh storms the zone and scores...Ottawa looked like they should have been the team winning the game, but they couldn't finish at all...and they certainly didn't have any defense.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I guarantee there is no panic in the Wings room...

Ottawa needs to fold the tent and start all over. They are used to being a doormat and playing tentatively and back on their heels. High hopes every year, and then kablooey.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm really liking the playoffs because I'm almost discovering many of these West Coast teams for the first time. I really like the way these clubs play, especially the Coyotes, Kings and Avs - who I rarely see watching Versus all regular season long.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Ottawa needs to fold the tent and start all over. They are used to being a doormat and playing tentatively and back on their heels. High hopes every year, and then kablooey.
Yeah they have Ruutu and Neil as their powerful 2nd line. All those two can do is push people after the whistle.

That OT goal in the Ava/Sharks game was pretty painful. I can't imagine being a Sharks fan.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I see fans in Montreal are just as retarded as ever and still boo the US National Anthem. We should send up some Phillies fans to puke on them. God damn do I hope the Canadiens lose in 5.