Quantcast

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
This is done months before they won 2 world championships, pushing demand through the roof.
I'd be curious to know how much the 2 world championships really affected the demand. I know it would be hard to measure of course, but it would be interesting. I think the hype generated throughout the WC season had a much larger impact the the WCs. I've never considered this when buying a bike but I'm sure I'm influenced to a degree with what I see throughout the season.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I got it because its a demo, i have had a few demo 9s and i loved them, boycotted the demo 8 because it had a 135, now that its 150, im back on board

Huck_Finn

Chimp
Jul 4, 2009
Got mine yesterday, built it last night, rode it today. They are shipping. They are awesome. It WILL be worth the wait. Sorry for the crappy picture, but I was too busy riding it to worry about glamor shots. :D

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Got mine yesterday, built it last night, rode it today. They are shipping. They are awesome. It WILL be worth the wait. Sorry for the crappy picture, but I was too busy riding it to worry about glamor shots. :D

i see snow. you shouldn't have it yet. obviously your riding season is over. send it to someone that can use it. i know you paid and all, but they are more important then you because they can ride in warm weather. ;)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i see snow. you shouldn't have it yet. obviously your riding season is over. send it to someone that can use it. i know you paid and all, but they are more important then you because they can ride in warm weather. ;)
how much snow did you guys get on Sunday?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
how much snow did you guys get on Sunday?
about six inches. guess how much is on the mountains? well judging by the fact the i live on the same mountain as diablo, ill say little to none. we had huge gusts for 2 days strait. most yards around here dont even have snow.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
We got about six inches. Guess how much is on the mountains? Judging by the fact the I live on the same mountain as Diablo, I'll say little to none. We had huge gusts for two days straiGHt. Most yards around here don't even have snow.
How bout that vernon education

just checked in with my local shop. Specialized Inventory Website states "Late January" for East Coast, and "Early APRIL!!!" for West Coast.

Does that mean Specialized reserved a small lot of frames for East Coast dealers? Anyways, I put in a small deposit for one. *fingers crossed*

If this is true, not only does East Coast has MOAR ROX but MOAR DEMO! :D

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I am still a little lost here, it seems that the green demo 8 frames are popping up more and more in the SE (ive seen about 4) I think im on the first shipment (ordered in sept) The shop ordered about 10 of them, Why have a few guys gotten theirs, and we havent? (huge volume spesh dealer, HUGE) Is there something im missing?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I am still a little lost here, it seems that the green demo 8 frames are popping up more and more in the SE (ive seen about 4) I think im on the first shipment (ordered in sept) The shop ordered about 10 of them, Why have a few guys gotten theirs, and we havent? (huge volume spesh dealer, HUGE) Is there something im missing?
quit complaining we cant ride them anyway :rofl::rofl:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
If Huck Finn is who I think he is... (didn't know you were on the monkey man), we ordered his bike the day online orders opened with specialized. could be your shop wasn't quite on the ball. :D shoulda gone with us man, we woulda delivered. :thumb: :rofl:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
If Huck Finn is who I think he is... (didn't know you were on the monkey man), we ordered his bike the day online orders opened with specialized. could be your shop wasn't quite on the ball. :D shoulda gone with us man, we woulda delivered. :thumb: :rofl:
but i wouldn't have gotten it at cost :thumb:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
do you know around when the ordering became available? lol :thumb:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
They'll turn up when they do. If you need a new bike fix that desperately you should see a doctor.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
We can usually get until january in NJ, lifts may be closed, but riding isnt. This year we got hammered with snow early, but there was till riding as of a week ago.
We've got snow fairly low. Doesn't bother me much as I like riding the AM bike and doing a bit of trail maintenance at this time of year. Variety is the spice etc...

Dec 29, 2010
Hi all,
some of ya seem to know quite a big deal about the demos :D
I'm wondering if i should swap my 09 demo for a 11. I'm like 6.03"/184cm, But not sure what size to get if so, i've tired riding a small on a track and actually found that quite good(better than my large 09) and then i tried a medium in a shop, and really liked the small better. But as i can read around forums, a guy at my size should maybe go for a large, but thats also depending on riding style and track.
So what size would you recommend?

Cheers, and happy new year

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
Medium or Large, unless your tracks are very very slow and very very tight only then the extra length will all make sense when you're up to speed. Will be so much more stable in fast sections, rough sections and steep corners.
I'm 6'3 and ride a Large (and wouldn't swap for a medium) if that helps at all. Arrived last week..

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
do you know around when the ordering became available? lol :thumb:
we were able to put in our pre-orders in august i think? can't really remember, its been awhile. I just remember that we ordered two demos; one for a customer and one for stock, but only the customer's arrived. we are still waiting for the one for stock.

AutoPilotOff

Chimp
Jan 4, 2010
I'm wondering if i should swap my 09 demo for a 11. I'm like 6.03"/184cm,
So what size would you recommend?

Cheers, and happy new year
Im 5'11' and going from a medium 09 to a medium 11. If it helps Brendan Fairclough said (in a vid) he was 6" and was happy on a medium.

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
Anyone have any advice on shock settings? Anything need to be done to cater for attributes the frame has?

Dec 29, 2010
Im 5'11' and going from a medium 09 to a medium 11. If it helps Brendan Fairclough said (in a vid) he was 6" and was happy on a medium.
Medium or Large, unless your tracks are very very slow and very very tight only then the extra length will all make sense when you're up to speed. Will be so much more stable in fast sections, rough sections and steep corners.
I'm 6'3 and ride a Large (and wouldn't swap for a medium) if that helps at all. Arrived last week..

ye, atleast im more sure about size :D
Anybody knows if a vivid coil can be mounted without any fancy modification? just usual bushes?