Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

HitTheLights

Chimp
Mar 6, 2009
Syndicate news?
Right now, our fearless leader is off with the Syndicate athletes, conducting some top secret testing and probably some crushing of souls of concierges throughout the France Italy borderlands. There will be some news. If not in the next day, then I’d lay good money by sometime around Wednesday. Thursday at the latest. And the news will be rad. Taken from: http://www.santacruzbikes.com/104bronson/

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Syndicate news?
Right now, our fearless leader is off with the Syndicate athletes, conducting some top secret testing and probably some crushing of souls of concierges throughout the France Italy borderlands. There will be some news. If not in the next day, then I’d lay good money by sometime around Wednesday. Thursday at the latest. And the news will be rad. Taken from: http://www.santacruzbikes.com/104bronson/
My guess is they'll announce they are running Fox Suspension and Shimano components. No roster changes.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
According to CG's facebook it's just the usual pre-season testing. Remember Minaar wearing a dress last year because he had the slowest time? This year it was Bryceland.

395177_348582408493150_211101762241216_1312449_492307401_n.jpg

417145_348967591787965_211101762241216_1313519_416530871_n.jpg

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Wonder where Syndicate is going to be in the Fox "pecking" order......?.....with Trek and Atherton's working with them so closely in the past and being rivals of Rock Shox....

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
the use of the wording 'vice world champ' seems confused as well. Sounds like bad PR speak or a poor translation from Spagnolos blog perhaps? Im going with poor PR talk

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
the use of the wording 'vice world champ' seems confused as well. Sounds like bad PR speak or a poor translation from Spagnolos blog perhaps? Im going with poor PR talk
Francophonic nations tend to use the phrase when they use English, I think the Italians might do it too. All it means is second, i.e. "Spagnolo finished second", nothing mystical. It wouldn't seem out of place at all in Europe.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I am from Europe...
The skinny-tyred cycling press is chock full of it.
It's a non-translatable grammatical thing in French and Flemish but the English speaking press likes to sound all fancy by parroting phrases from the Romance languages. Athletes tend to go literal in their translations though. A few roadracers ham it up pretty hard.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
in all honesty it doesn't matter too much as it's fairly easy to see what was trying to be said. If the wording had been 'back up world champ' or 'second world champ' there would be some real issues, 'vice' still makes a bit of sense even when not thinking of it as a poor translation

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Finally news of Mick Hannah on his new bike sponsor & team,Tracy Hannah on the same team as well.
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Hutchinson-United-Ride-Team-Announcement-2012.html
Wow that's cool. I will be very interested to see how mick does this season!
I would say he is on a better ride but also I wonder if 'working' and traveling with family can make things easier when so far from home.
My limited experience of w.c. Racing (as a fan) showed that mick was a really nice guy and very proffesional.

I don't really know anything about Hutchison - do they make good tyres? Or will sharpie be a co sponsor...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
no idea if they make a good tire, but sharpie probably wont be a co-sponsor, mick takes his sponsorships pretty seriously. He ran kenda nevergrips for chrissake

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The skinny-tyred cycling press is chock full of it.
It's a non-translatable grammatical thing in French and Flemish but the English speaking press likes to sound all fancy by parroting phrases from the Romance languages. Athletes tend to go literal in their translations though. A few roadracers ham it up pretty hard.
We say the same in Polish. Though I have to say it looks a bit strange in English.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The best thing about Mick and Tracy being on United Ride is the web edits. I've always found they had excellent videos. Should be good for exposure.

Anyone know if they're running the single-pivot Morewoods, or the DW-Link ones? We haven't heard much about Morewood since Patrick left...

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The best thing about Mick and Tracy being on United Ride is the web edits. I've always found they had excellent videos. Should be good for exposure.

Anyone know if they're running the single-pivot Morewoods, or the DW-Link ones? We haven't heard much about Morewood since Patrick left...
They will most likely use the Makulu, possibly the Izimu?!
Never heard of DW-linked Morewoods...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
They suggested going up in travel with split pivots though. A split pivot makulu would be awesome.