Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
CNN exit polls showed that Sanders outperformed Clinton among voters who are "very worried" about the U.S. economy, 56% to 40%. Among voters who believe international trade takes away American jobs, Sanders also led Clinton, 56% to 43% — a sign that Sanders' populist economic message resonated in Michigan.

In another troubling sign for the Clinton campaign, among voters who said their most important priority in a presidential candidate is that they are honest and trustworthy, Sanders overwhelmingly outperformed Clinton, 80% to 19%.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/politics/hillary-clinton-michigan-loss/index.html

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The interesting part from all the Drumpf supporters is that they'd rather have Drumpf be a billionaire that sacrificed US jobs and workers to get there, rather than a millionaire that provided more US jobs and work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
it's that customers can't afford it / won't pay for it. .
I'd argue that is BS. The alt would be the manufacturer making less to price it accordingly in the market.
There are MANY successful domestic manufacturers that are still doing quite well and employ many well-compensated people here in the states.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
last jeans i bought were patagonia.
They do a great job of marketing their efforts like Apple does with their foreign supply problems - transparency shows they're not making a big effort year after year and other companies like AA can do it in the first world. Similarly Nokia was doing it right in the first world responsibly for over a decade after the smartphone went mainstream but they just had an obsolete OS (Symbian) :

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/06/patagonia-labor-clothing-factory-exploitation/394658/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They do a great job of marketing their efforts like Apple does with their foreign supply problems - transparency shows they're not making a big effort year after year and other companies like AA can do it in the first world. Similarly Nokia was doing it right in the first world responsibly for over a decade after the smartphone went mainstream but they just had an obsolete OS (Symbian) :

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/06/patagonia-labor-clothing-factory-exploitation/394658/

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That's rich coming from the Amazon queen.
I help run a local sports facility which doesn't sell any retail goods, I don't sell mostly goods made in China like Amazon or an LBS?

That's a nice suit you got there emperor, hats off to the Chinese.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
so you buy jeans from someone who sexually harasses women?

do you jerk off to their catalogs?
American Giant is a different brand. I don't have any AA or AG but I have seen a few people with AG hoodies. I do have a hoodie from Ivanhoe and old Icebreaker stuff. Icebreaker is now Chinese made instead.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
American Giant is a different brand. I don't have any AA or AG but I have seen a few people with AG hoodies. I do have a hoodie from Ivanhoe and old Icebreaker stuff. Icebreaker is now Chinese made instead.
i apologize for miss quoting the wrong post.

i have never been into american apparel clothes mainly because the original owner was a piece of shit.....simple as that.

as far as american giant.....pass.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Your Patagonia dog fur suit is ethnically sourced from the Ovis 21 dog network just like their wool is, right? Not that PETA does much good, but one of the few instances:

http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/patagonia-hot-water-peta-releases-video-sheep-skinned-alive-wool-source
well aware. and they ceased business relations with ovis as soon as that was brought to their attention.

http://www.outsideonline.com/2008416/patagonia-responds-horrifying-peta-video

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I finally got my ass in gear and watched the Democratic debate tonight.

I still like Bernie over Hillary, although I've resigned to vote for her if she's the nominee.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I finally got my ass in gear and watched the Democratic debate tonight.

I still like Bernie over Hillary, although I've resigned to vote for her if she's the nominee.
Here's the deal, I like Bernie but I just can't get over the feeling that we would be nominating a McGovern type candidate. It's pretty clear the Republicans are going to nominate a Goldwater and I want to see Goldwater vs. Johnson not Goldwater vs. McGovern. Is there anything you Berners can say that would make me change my mind?

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I'm not super persuaded by hypothetical match ups at this stage in the game. I think everything changes once you are faced with a real world choice.

We have a political climate where a Democratic campaign can be undone by something as non-consequential as the Dean scream. Where Mitt Romney completely reverses all his positions in a debate and that isn't covered, instead the narrative is that it caught Obama off guard. Of course this only seems to apply to Democrats. Republicans can say any bat shit crazy thing they like. I trust Hillary more to navigate that.

I also think Hilary will be more liberal than Bernie supporters give her credit for. A lot of the factors that lead to disappointment with Bill Clinton are gone. There is no Contract with America to counter, The DLC is dead. There are no blue dog democrats. She has had to answer for his triangulation for over 8 years. The only limits on a Hillary presidency is her ability to win battles with the republicans and the Clintons are good at that. I might be disappointed some but I don't buy the whole corporate sell out line.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Hell I'd vote for Trump if he campaigned on amending Citizens United and making meaningful campaign finance reforms. I am a little dissapointed in Bernie not crowing over it more.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
well leave it to the folks in the old country (Chicago) to throw Drumpf a party.
I'm shocked that many people came out to protest. Even for a city that loves to fight!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
well leave it to the folks in the old country (Chicago) to throw Drumpf a party.
I'm shocked that many people came out to protest. Even for a city that loves to fight!
and no one was shot.....yet.