Quantcast

2019 World Champs

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bromont was pretty damn fun, with only one real "oh shit this is a steep off camber rock face" poop in your pants section.
the one time i was at bromont i rode part of one of their pro race courses, i don't think it was their WC one (i seem to recall that was on the backside of the mountain and we'd have had to find a way around the mountain back to the lift), but it was gnarly as shit. and also raining.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
the one time i was at bromont i rode part of one of their pro race courses, i don't think it was their WC one (i seem to recall that was on the backside of the mountain and we'd have had to find a way around the mountain back to the lift), but it was gnarly as shit. and also raining.
Yeah they had another course on the regular side, which has some super gnarly sections.

The world cup side has its own chair lift and much more trails now, but I think that lift only runs on the weekend.

Sadly last year when we visited Bromont, the section of the World Cup trail that I referenced looks like it is being returned to nature... :(

1:33-1:43 is what sketched me out every time

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Those rock compressions in the big rock section...

Also love how he just floats over the last rock section like its not even there.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Bromont was pretty damn fun, with only one real "oh shit this is a steep off camber rock face" poop in your pants section.
Yep, and it's right under the lift. I remember wanting to ride it but not wanting to fvck it up in front of an audience. Those 2 or 3 front side trails were pretty gnarly off of the top. A friend rode all of about 100yds on the first day before ending up in the hospital with stitches...probably shouldn't have chose that one for a warm up run..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah they had another course on the regular side, which has some super gnarly sections.

The world cup side has its own chair lift and much more trails now, but I think that lift only runs on the weekend.

Sadly last year when we visited Bromont, the section of the World Cup trail that I referenced looks like it is being returned to nature... :(

Yes! That's the trail and spot. Absolutely wild in person, especially when you consider they rode it in the rain. The section immediately after (145-200) is absolutely nuts in person as well. It looks unrideable from the lift. Wish I were there to see it in person.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
This stolen from a post on Vital..not sure if it's true, but lets keep fingers crossed.

"I emailed Red Bull yesterday and asked if the DH race would be on Red Bull TV in the US and here is the response I got:

Red Bull Media House
Aug 29, 23:49
Are you aware of the DH Finals this Sunday at 9:45 AM PT?
That will be on RBTV!

So it’s looking good for us in the US."

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nicole a couple of seconds faster than Hannah in the timed training not really qualifying thing today for Sunday's race.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I managed to get my only concussion (I think) on that track... in the janky rocky 180° berm after that poop in your pants section... I didn't get knocked out, but I was groggy for a bit, and as I sat up to gather my wits, the rider that came to help me pick up the pieces was a young woman with the most beautiful ice-blue, husky eyes I've ever seen. It was as though I were being visited by an angel...
edited to add: that's the section! where the Nissan banner is at 1:45.
Yes! That's the trail and spot. Absolutely wild in person, especially when you consider they rode it in the rain. The section immediately after (145-200) is absolutely nuts in person as well. It looks unrideable from the lift. Wish I were there to see it in person.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I think the track on the main side was used for the WC in the late 90s... There's some pretty cool videos floating around from the NORBA days with riders hitting the bridge down at the bottom. The new track on the back side was built when the WC came back in the early teens...

Last edited:

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Does anyone know if the World Champs replay will be available in the US on Redbull TV? Or do they just block the whole thing entirely?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It shows on our Roku Redbull tv channel, but clicking to watch live fails to work and clicking on the link from the website in a browser gives a 404 page not found.

What are you using to spoof @Westy?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It shows on our Roku Redbull tv channel, but clicking to watch live fails to work and clicking on the link from the website in a browser gives a 404 page not found.

What are you using to spoof @Westy?

Geo Proxy plug in for chrome. Had to try a few different locations until it worked,. Australia is working for me right dinkum.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Geo Proxy plug in for chrome. Had to try a few different locations until it worked,. Australia is working for me right dinkum.
Thanks, wife wanted to watch the XC which just finished. So might try and set it up for the mens and have it ready in case required for DH tomorrow.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Watching the XC live now and Warner and Jose Hermida seem to be presenting it and commentating from some sort of Redbull TV studio. And before the start Rob said "and now over to Canada"
Where are they?
And why isn't Rob at the actual event?

DH is being shown on the BBC here too but fuck those theiving peadophiles!

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
Mozilla Firefox VPN ad on works, I can watch XC race. Hope it works tomorrow for DH also

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Watching the XC live now and Warner and Jose Hermida seem to be presenting it and commentating from some sort of Redbull TV studio. And before the start Rob said "and now over to Canada"
Where are they?
And why isn't Rob at the actual event?

DH is being shown on the BBC here too but fuck those theiving peadophiles!
Markus Pekoll is commenting for the German audio and is gonna do it from Red Bull headquarters in Thalheim Salzburg he told me last week. I'm gonna meet him Tuesday or Wednesday and can ask where Warner is/was if you care.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Markus Pekoll is commenting for the German audio and is gonna do it from Red Bull headquarters in Thalheim Salzburg he told me last week. I'm gonna meet him Tuesday or Wednesday and can ask where Warner is/was if you care.
Guess that's probably where Rob and Jose are too then.
Thanks.
No need to confirm, just thought it odd he's not in MSA

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Was that an opening weekend, when you picked up your DH bike?
Back when the mountain was swarmed with .243 hardtails rocking Monstahs.
Opening day used to be a ritual with my crew and I vaguely remember your posting about it then.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
They announced at the start of the ladies xco that they were broadcasting from the redbull location.

Nino clearly enjoying his race with no MVP being him.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Short version.

Very bad crash, with huge pain.
No feeling in legs immediately after the crash.
Stabilized on-site.
Evac took 4 hours 'cause Quebec.
Reported some feeling had returned to his legs before evac
Team reports 2 broken vertebrae and surgery pending.

Track has been modified to remove some roots where multiple people have crashed including Brook and a concussed Reese Wilson.

Damn.