Quantcast

2021 racing rumors

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We should crowdfund an RM race team.

Make the racers ride 26" wheels, flat pedals, baggy kit, frankenbrakes, shocks tuned with electrical tape...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I absolutely love watching trashy reality TV. That and comedy is prettty much all I ever watch on TV.
Ok. So it's not exactly "Love Island" level of reality entertainment but Pinkbike Accademy is fairly watchable for a first try.

You do realise Cathro's Pinkbike "Privateer: Walk the talk" series is pretty much reality TV format too. yeah?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You do realise Cathro's Pinkbike "Privateer: Walk the talk" series is pretty much reality TV format too. yeah?
I'm hanging in to see a love triangle develop between Cathro and the other contestants, which makes things tricky when someone is facing elimination after betrayal occurs within the tribe and the other housemates are forced to vote someone off the Bachelor Island.

Actually I'd watch the fuck out of the new Pinkbike series if Gordon Ramsey was yelling at them the whole time.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'm hanging in to see a love triangle develop between Cathro and the other contestants, which makes things tricky when someone is facing elimination after betrayal occurs within the tribe and the other housemates are forced to vote someone off the Bachelor Island.

Actually I'd watch the fuck out of the new Pinkbike series if Gordon Ramsey was yelling at them the whole time.
That's an extremely tricky love triangle considering Cathro isn't on the Academy show at all.

I fucking hate Gordon Ramsay. The only time I'd watch that cunt is if I'd found out a restaurant owner/employee finally batters him.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Angel Suarez off the YT Mob. Kid's been injury prone but when he's on, he's on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Her race form has been terrible for a couple of years, but I'm sure her social meeja following is pretty large.
Terrible? No. Inconsistent, sure. 3rd at world's in 2018, with 4 podiums that year and 3rd overall. 2019 was an off year for sure, despite her best finish being 46th she still managed 22nd overall.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
With Lewis Buchanan off Forbidden I wonder if Barelli is going to be on some HSP action soon.

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch
Not terribly surprising since he's not going to race anymore. Still, I'm surprised they didn't just throw some money at him to make some videos. He's funny as hell, and a great rider.

Agreed. My guess is that he pulls in more money for Commencal (or any bike brand) than anyone who is not in the top five tier in the WC circuit.

His videos are are pretty much the only bike related videos I watch personally speaking. He’s funny, breaks down trails well and gives you a good perspective on the sport.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Agreed. My guess is that he pulls in more money for Commencal (or any bike brand) than anyone who is not in the top five tier in the WC circuit.

His videos are are pretty much the only bike related videos I watch personally speaking. He’s funny, breaks down trails well and gives you a good perspective on the sport.
Are you confusing Yoann with Remi?

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010

I don't mind Barelli but think you're overstating his "clout" a bit here. Plenty of guys not racing WCs but getting many more views. It's a crowded market these days and Remy's got the Frenchie in BC niche pretty well covered.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This being the racing rumors thread aside,
a new Remy Mettalier video is about the only new media that I'll "stop everything" for and watch. He is just off the charts this past year.