Quantcast

2021 Worlds @ Val di Sole

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
A weekend for the old men!

So will Schurter and Minnaar milk the jersey for a year and then retire?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
One of these days I really need to stop being such an illiterate fuckwit when it comes to technology so I can actually watch a race live again. Goddamnit, this one sounded like one for the books

Minnaar can’t retire, he’s just getting really good again. He’s taking this GOAT thing seriously, Gwin got close and he said fuck that bru.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was watching the live timing on the UCI site. On a whim I clicked on the "watch live" link, and what do you know, but it worked! Got to watch the last 5 riders. Sweet! A great race for sure!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
One of these days I really need to stop being such an illiterate fuckwit when it comes to technology so I can actually watch a race live again. Goddamnit, this one sounded like one for the books

Minnaar can’t retire, he’s just getting really good again. He’s taking this GOAT thing seriously, Gwin got close and he said fuck that bru.
for gwin to come close he first needs to be at worlds, yet alone win one for once. at least his replacement got a nice spot

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
a bit ahead of the 2022 rumor thread but minnaar has a contract expiring after this season, right? is there any chance he leaves SC? I can't imagine him going anywhere else but he's holding all the cards for sure and I'll bet there are plenty of other teams willing to pay big money to have him for a short contract.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Reflecting on the GOATs win and procrastinating on work, I was curious about which DH legend had the best win % and ran some quick calcs off Roots and Rain data.

Win % = number of 1st place finishes in World Cup or World Champ starts as an Elite

Nicolas Vouilloz - 20/48 - 41.7%
Aaron Gwin - 20/93 - 21.5%
Sam Hill - 16/97 - 16.5%
Greg Minnaar - 26/169 - 15.4%
Steve Peat - 18/136 - 13.2%

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Looks like they made the frame out of the right stuff, then ran cheese wheels. Or am I not seeing the blown out rim I think I’m seeing?

Poor Pierron, been a pretty shit season for him

View attachment 164167
Didn't Myriam Nicole not also say that she had a rim/wheel failure? I think it was on Wyn TV after qualis.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also.... Jackson Goldstone winning worlds as a first year Jr. impressive.

edit: winning by almost 2 seconds no less. third place was 3.5 back.

Last edited: