Quantcast

2021 Worlds @ Val di Sole

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gunning for the GOAT this weekend!

Forcing Lecomte to ride U23 after winning four straight elite races is completely asinine, and the fact that she won't participate smells like a silent protest.
I'm waiting for the announcement that Lecomte has an AAF. That early season run was... alien, especially in 2021.

If it's a protest, it remind me of how ACC put up a huge stink in '95 about the junior/senior division at World's in a very similar situation. Stikman and Donovan would remember that tantrum.

Alos, PIA VPN not working for me for this. VPN workarounds are quickly becoming a thing of the past, unless you can tunnel to a box you personally own or manage in another region.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
The Short Track XC was pretty exciting, actually. GO USA!

For me, I actually pay for PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN. It worked using the UK and selecting the English only option from Redbull.tv (I did not use the redbull app). Although at first it was like RB new I was not in England and asked if I wanted to change to my "regular" location. Maybe clear your cache/history before logging on may help. But I did get a few "this is not available in your area" messages before it finally started working. Maybe due to not using the "English Only" link. FYI.

I did try to use Mexico and the "other than english" option and it didn't work.
Thanks - I will try with redbull.tv and not the app.

Edit: Still can't get it to work, even with multiple browsers in incognito. Which location are you using in PIA?

Edit2: Got it to work with some combination of VPN and manually selecting the location from the drop-down on the RedBull site.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm waiting for the announcement that Lecomte has an AAF. That early season run was... alien, especially in 2021.

If it's a protest, it remind me of how ACC put up a huge stink in '95 about the junior/senior division at World's in a very similar situation. Stikman and Donovan would remember that tantrum.

Alos, PIA VPN not working for me for this. VPN workarounds are quickly becoming a thing of the past, unless you can tunnel to a box you personally own or manage in another region.
AAF?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
An AAF for Lecomte is certainly possible but I prefer to think she's skipping Worlds to not risk injury or fatigue, with plans to finish the WC season in dominating fashion. If that's true I'd prefer a more vocal protest, but not sure how that would play with sponsors, etc. Tough situation with not many good options.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nucleus VPN set to Brazil just worked for me on testing the XCC replay. Will hopefully work for me on Sunday evening to watch the DH replays.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
An AAF for Lecomte is certainly possible but I prefer to think she's skipping Worlds to not risk injury or fatigue, with plans to finish the WC season in dominating fashion. If that's true I'd prefer a more vocal protest, but not sure how that would play with sponsors, etc. Tough situation with not many good options.
She was way off the pace at the Olympics too. I'd suspect she wants to get healthy by foregoing worlds to have a go at the overall.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
You guys old enough to remember when ACC was forced to race worlds in the jr category? I'm pretty sure that was 1995. The french were pretty pissed...
It was, at the '95 Worlds in Germany. I was lucky enough to be at that race, and there was a lot of chatter about that. ACC crapped all over Donovan's win with a bunch of talk about how her (ACC's) time was better.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
It was, at the '95 Worlds in Germany. I was lucky enough to be at that race, and there was a lot of chatter about that. ACC crapped all over Donovan's win with a bunch of talk about how her (ACC's) time was better.
Yep, I remember that too. I think in Leigh's defense there was some discussion around changing track conditions (mor the track blowing out rather than rain iirc), but yeah... that was a sign of things to come.

Stoked there are other old doodz who remember these stories!

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Watched Reece's POV last night. Man is a brutal track. Badically 1 long rough section and dry as a bone. Looks brutal and as Reece mentioned, we might see some flats messing with final runs.

Oh and Reece did a great job of the course preview. He is a natural on the mic.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Oh shit. Vali qualified first again. Maybe this will be the race where she finally keeps it together for finals.
wait, have we already had the annual discussion about whether there are actual qualifications at worlds?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
From Spomer on Vital. Sounds like a brutal few days.

so got news from the squids and lawlor just now, brook had a MASSIVE crash in practice. obviously he's ok b/c he quali'd 47th, but sven said "looked worse than MSA". ugh. it was captured on video and should surface somewhere at some point (if we even want to see it). danny punctured, apparently his 5th on this week! loic had a BONKERS crash that we've seen (waiting to see if we can post). he drops out of the sky after compressing off some rocks entering the woods. it's crazy out there.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
From Spomer on Vital. Sounds like a brutal few days.

so got news from the squids and lawlor just now, brook had a MASSIVE crash in practice. obviously he's ok b/c he quali'd 47th, but sven said "looked worse than MSA". ugh. it was captured on video and should surface somewhere at some point (if we even want to see it). danny punctured, apparently his 5th on this week! loic had a BONKERS crash that we've seen (waiting to see if we can post). he drops out of the sky after compressing off some rocks entering the woods. it's crazy out there.
Loic’s crash:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Loic’s crash:

that's gnarly. also could have been a lot worse. glad to see he got right up.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Loic’s crash:

Holy bejeezums that was one hell of a buck. He must have been on a prototype Evil DH bike.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Crazy how the top riders can take the crashes they do in practice, only to dust themselves off and turn up the pace even more for their race run.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
wait, have we already had the annual discussion about whether there are actual qualifications at worlds?
When did they change it to top 80 only? 2019? I remember watching guys from tiny countries trying to get down Champery on trail bikes back in the day.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
because of geo blocking that I haven't had the time to bypass yet, I can't find the start time for broadcast. anyone able to check? cheers.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
cheers! just needed to give one of the boys a quick shout for meetup time. reactivated my VPN and have it now. fuck the geo blocking!!!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Loic’s crash:

Taking cutting the course to new extremes

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
just an FYI if needed. I downloaded expressvpn from the google play store onto my android tv box and it has a 7 day free trial without requiring any CC info, just an email address. works with the android red bull app without issue when set to UK.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Planning on working on bikes in the wee early morning while XC is on Saturday. Hoping to go for a ride after. Then chill for the 4.30am MTN start time for DH women's on Sunday. Perhaps I need to pick up some breakfast beers. Mimosa's? Not sure yet....