Quantcast

2022 Northeast M'fest, Kingdom Trails, July 21-24

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Yes White Caps campground.
I like Brighton state park in Island pond. Much nicer campground.
There is Burke Mountain and the new Kingdom campground.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'd like to try and make it this year too... Not sure what sort of riding I'll be able to do (I've only got one fatbike ride in so far), but I'd love to give this a try... Are jr monkeys welcome for these adventures?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'd like to try and make it this year too... Not sure what sort of riding I'll be able to do (I've only got one fatbike ride in so far), but I'd love to give this a try... Are jr monkeys welcome for these adventures?
All Monkeys are welcome, but first-timers need to send noods to JBP and TreeSaw.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Lights out at 8 with an odor of bengay, everybody up at 5 complaining about their back pain and talking weather.
Typically, I'm up at 5 making coffee and cleaning up the mess from the prior night.
When I first started Mfest, I was so mad that JBP was up at 5. After I had kids and grew up a little (a lot) I was up with him and the first one in bed

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
When I first started Mfest, I was so mad that JBP was up at 5. After I had kids and grew up a little (a lot) I was up with him and the first one in bed
In the past I've usually been one of the last ones standing (or stumbling) but I don't party as hard as I used to. Although, I could make an exception if we want to hold the redneck downhill race in the lodge again:monkeydance:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm working on lodging options now. Will be amazing to get the band back together!!!! I haven't needed a giant wisk in far too many years! Not sure about rich but definitely older. Please keep in mind the cost of everything has risen and the days of $100 all inclusive weekends are long gone I'm afraid. I will do my best to keep the rate reasonable, but you have to remember how well taken care of you are :flirt:
@gonefirefightin there have been lots of issues with parking and camping at rentals....we may have to park you in an alternate location (with the big rig). The Jeep might work...would just depend on which rental is secured.

Potential attendees:
TreeSaw & SqEarl
JBP
gonefirefightin
ICEBALL585
Cromby
Sandwich
StiHacka
jdcamb
Jozz
Muddy
Pesqueeb
Sunringlerider
BikeGeek
sikocucles
slyfink
W00dy
Sorgie
D2 & Maureen

???randomcommenterswithcommittmentissues???
jstuhlman
dump

Other accommodations but will be attending the shenanigans
IAM & MBC
Splat & family
BadDNA & MudGrl

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Was playing around on the youtubewebz and came across this gem from Treesaw's channel. Hard to believe this was from 11 years ago. Such fun times :monkeydance:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Update:

Things I know:
  • July 21-24 is going to be EPIC!!! Many monkeys will gather for some food, beers, and a few bike rides...MANY shenanigans will be experienced by all.
  • Burke is becoming quite difficult for large groups (over 8) so lodging is scarce and expensive BUT I have located what I believe to be an amazing venue that will accommodate 20 of us comfortably and a few more. We will NOT be able to stay at the Lodge this year. They can only have a max of 8 due to current town zoning, but are working on it and hope to offer us a space again soon! (I even offered a group of us pitching in with some of the necessary upgrades while we stay and play).
  • Cost is going to be higher than in the past....sorry, but it's unavoidable....I am a thrifty shopper so food shouldn't be awful, but the housing has gone up quite a bit.

What I don't know:
Exact cost.....I am hoping for $150ish but it could go up to as much as $200. Please bear in mind that this includes your lodging AND food (prepped by me so really you just have to eat it and help with minimal cleanup). I just want to be totally transparent for you all (since we have some n00bs interested). It's BYOB(booze/beer.....I provide lemonade and coffee and OJ).

I am remote teaching today and my schedule is light so I will be booking this afternoon (and hoping that I don't end up with a really big lodge to myself, Sq-Earl and JBP). So, ask your questions now or forever hold your piece (yup I meant to use that piece...BadDNA)

@gonefirefightin we can accommodate the Jeep camping, but not the motorhome. There is a new campground in town that can fit it if you wanted to park there and join us though? I'll message you some details though because YOU HAVE TO COME!!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@TreeSaw if it's any help, I am willing to stay elsewhere and still participate in the shenanigans. I have enjoyed staying at the lodge in the past...and more recently I have not enjoyed staying at the lodge. So, if I am happy to grab my own hotel room if that makes booking easy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
@TreeSaw if it's any help, I am willing to stay elsewhere and still participate in the shenanigans. I have enjoyed staying at the lodge in the past...and more recently I have not enjoyed staying at the lodge. So, if I am happy to grab my own hotel room if that makes booking easy.
Blasphemy! ;) I totally get it though....

It won't really help for our size though. Burke is really cracking down on rentals that have more than 6-8 people so even places that can sleep 18 (like the lodge) aren't allowed to rent to more and if they are caught renting to more, they are completely shut down. The place I found is a hidden gem outside of town so slightly different rules (plus she's a local so I think that helps) and there are 5-6 individual bunk rooms so you should be able to find a quietish spot. We also have the option of renting the farmhouse on site and that would offer another quieter space....if enough people want that I will book it all and then we can have 26 I believe.