Quantcast

2023 Summer Monkeyfest

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I may have a non-monkey friend from MA joining us, not sure what his intentions are just yet and he may bring his family up to stay in the hotel for the weekend and just join us for some rides. I will try to keep you updated.

Hi Rob, if you're reading this!

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I may have a non-monkey friend from MA joining us, not sure what his intentions are just yet and he may bring his family up to stay in the hotel for the weekend and just join us for some rides. I will try to keep you updated.

Hi Rob, if you're reading this!
Yay! Rob!!!!!!!!

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
@TreeSaw
Just to confirm for you - Mark & I have secured dog(Baby) sitters and are absolutely IN! Yay!
Also - do you have a total count / possible estimate? I know a couple of people who might want to join but they have young kids and $ will be a factor. Also is helpful for me since I don't make much anymore. lol
Cant wait to share bathrooms with you all again! ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
@TreeSaw
Just to confirm for you - Mark & I have secured dog(Baby) sitters and are absolutely IN! Yay!
Also - do you have a total count / possible estimate? I know a couple of people who might want to join but they have young kids and $ will be a factor. Also is helpful for me since I don't make much anymore. lol
Cant wait to share bathrooms with you all again! ;)
YEAH!!! It's going to be $200 per person (we actually need a few more people as the lodge is just over $3000 for the 4 days so that would only cover the lodge and not food unless we get 3-4 more people).

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
@Sandwich @jdcamb @jacksonpt
I need to make a real, concerted effort to get back into shape (rather than just talking about it while I stuff my mouth with mini eggs and yell at Netflix that, YES... I AM STILL WATCHING) before I commit to anything.
I am NOT in any shape....been battling a heel issue. I will ride and hang and drink some beers and make some food. You should come.

It's getting close....are you in?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sorry nerds, I am in. Will probably be up Friday midday and will leave sunday midday.

Have to blow the dust off the mountain bike. At least I just bled the brakes...last year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Does anybody still do night rides, or are those dead? My bike light battery is DED dead, and I’m wondering whether I should scramble for a replacement or not worry about. I know things are weird at kt and I don’t want to make it worse

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Does anybody still do night rides, or are those dead? My bike light battery is DED dead, and I’m wondering whether I should scramble for a replacement or not worry about. I know things are weird at kt and I don’t want to make it worse
We have lights and usually bring them...not sure if they'll get used or not, but we bring them.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
We have lights and usually bring them...not sure if they'll get used or not, but we bring them.
I usually charge up my lights each year before coming up there but haven't used them the past couple years.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I usually charge up my lights each year before coming up there but haven't used them the past couple years.
Planning to do the same. At least they'll be along just in case. Even if I don't use them, would be able to lend them out if someone else needs.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Is anyone planning on getting to MF early on Thursday? Mark accidentally double booked and can’t join. I am wondering if it’s worth it for me to come up for Thursday and Friday but I’ll prob have to leave on Fri night or EARLY Sat morning. Anyone gonna be around d?

@TreeSaw

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Is anyone planning on getting to MF early on Thursday? Mark accidentally double booked and can’t join. I am wondering if it’s worth it for me to come up for Thursday and Friday but I’ll prob have to leave on Fri night or EARLY Sat morning. Anyone gonna be around d?

@TreeSaw
Probably be up there sometime around noon or so.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

@TreeSaw
I'll be around and have Thu and Fri off. If you're interested, we could meet up for a mellow ride before the party arrives.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Menu planning:

Breakfasts: pancakes & bacon, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, ???
Lunches: Make your own sandwiches, chips, fruit, etc.
Dinners: BBQ pulled chicken sliders & coleslaw, pork tenderloin with salt potatoes, pasta dish (maybe a tortelloni), Greggah Chicken Subs?
Snacks: chips & salsa, fruit, something sweet, smores, blackstone nachos, etc.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Ok folks, here's the 411
Original Lodge would need WAY too many upgrades to be considered for a group our size so that's out of the question. The kitchel cabin, though intriguing isn't big enough either and honestly, I liked the farm lodge from last year....owner was great and super easy to work with; lots of rooms and space; parking and right on the trails so that's my vote and since I organize (evil laugh) I have put a deposit down!

Officially....July 13-17; I have a deposit on the whole lodge again so we are going to need 20+ monkeys to fill the space. Cost will likely be the same as last year (I'm hoping about $200 for lodging and food for the weekend). Now, who's in?
TreeSaw & SqEarl
@johnbryanpeters
@Bunnista
@ICEBALL585
@crombie1
@BikeGeek
@irishblue76
@splat
@I Are Baboon
@jdcamb
@Sandwich
@jonKranked
@Pesqueeb (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Montana rider (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Jozz
@BadDNA
@Full Trucker (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)
@Nick (you know the drill and I am happy to pick you up from the airport if necessary)

Let's make it a big one people!!!
This is short notice, but following up on TreeSaw's offer of airport pick-ups, if anyone is flying into Burlington and needs a ride, I can pick up and drive you over to East Burke.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I emailed him and he was on the fence/leaning no as his wife is undergoing surgery, but it's been a while since we hung out. Peer pressure!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Was planning on bringing rain pants, but weather looks MOIST next weekend:

1688760040203.png

I'm going to hope/assume the soil has less clay than ours...

Good beer drinking weather at least ;)

1688760388989.png

1688760425312.png

Last edited: