Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
T-Dog said:
I'm in.....and Mrs. T-dog will be there as camp support/cook/bartender. Now, if I can just lose about 30 lbs and find my bike I'm all set.
Congrats T-Dog!

I say put 30 more on, I heard they subtract some off your lap times if you're a clydsdale

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Daeto said:
Well Ill be in attendance as I live about 25 miles away from the course, rode it yesterday as a matter of fact. Should be fun.
What is your team? You'll have to swing by monkey camp once we get something together.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Daeto needs to order up some better weather for this years race. I figure it might snow this year. If you recall two years ago it was very cold before the race and last year it rained. If you combine the two, you guys from back east should be right at home. Just bring your studded tires and ski masks. :D

I was thinking it might be fun to set up a little early. I know one of the women solo racers-June comes out early and does some training. Part of the course is named after her.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Registration is open. It appears that the East Coast team needs one more rider since Sq-earl will be a new daddy at race time. Who's gonna step up? Big shoes to fill.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
For those in the know, I'll be doing the Pueblo solo in Alaina's honor. That means...... Echo and Ghostrider (and all of you), it's time to have that beer I asked about a while ago. Just look for the Bill's Beer and Bait Shop truck. Oh, and there will be some cake, too, as long as my brother remembers to order it.

As for the donations, I'll be attempting 11 laps to honor Alaina's Heaven date (Feb. 4, 2003-- 2+4+2+00+3, get it??). My choice came when I saw 11 wild horses on a visit out to see Alaina a couple of days ago. The donations will be for 2 causes. One is Alaina's pre-school library program. A great cause with a great teacher. The second is for the Compassionate Friends, the support group Kristine and I go to to help with our losing Alaina. If you feel either or both of these are worthy, please consider donating at the event. It doesn't have to be much, as it all adds up in the end.

SEE ALL OF YOU THERE!!!!!!!

Shawn

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
If there is still room on the 'East' team, I would love to ride. I was looking at putting a team together, but most of my buds bail at the last minute.

Are you guys rolling geared or SS?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider - as far as I know, me, Westy and douglas are a go and we are looking to race in 4 person male. I don't know if Gee Spot is going but if she does she will have her own team.

mantis, looking forward to seeing you there.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
mantispf2000 said:
For those in the know, I'll be doing the Pueblo solo in Alaina's honor. That means...... Echo and Ghostrider (and all of you), it's time to have that beer I asked about a while ago. Just look for the Bill's Beer and Bait Shop truck. Oh, and there will be some cake, too, as long as my brother remembers to order it.

As for the donations, I'll be attempting 11 laps to honor Alaina's Heaven date (Feb. 4, 2003-- 2+4+2+00+3, get it??). My choice came when I saw 11 wild horses on a visit out to see Alaina a couple of days ago. The donations will be for 2 causes. One is Alaina's pre-school library program. A great cause with a great teacher. The second is for the Compassionate Friends, the support group Kristine and I go to to help with our losing Alaina. If you feel either or both of these are worthy, please consider donating at the event. It doesn't have to be much, as it all adds up in the end.

SEE ALL OF YOU THERE!!!!!!!

Shawn
Very cool. Count me in for donations and beer and anything else that will help.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
ghostrider - as far as I know, me, Westy and douglas are a go and we are looking to race in 4 person male. I don't know if Gee Spot is going but if she does she will have her own team.

mantis, looking forward to seeing you there.
Ok, so it looks like the West needs one more dude to complete Team Quarter Ton. Chelsea, you are still welcome to hang/camp with us, of course.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Ok, so it looks like the West needs one more dude to complete Team Quarter Ton. Chelsea, you are still welcome to hang/camp with us, of course.
What airport are you closest to now?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
ghostrider said:
Very cool. Count me in for donations and beer and anything else that will help.
well thanks!!!! :) I will be driving - I will prob get in thursday ish .. so if anyone needs rides from airports .. I might be able to help out!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider is my bro and he has a very cute daughter I would like to see... other team members are not obligated to follow my itinerary :p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mcgowanc said:
well thanks!!!! :) I will be driving - I will prob get in thursday ish .. so if anyone needs rides from airports .. I might be able to help out!!

you'll be coming from the North, correct?
isnt Tucson airport like 45-60 minitues south of the race course?

or are you referring to Phoenix airport?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
you'll be coming from the North, correct?
isnt Tucson airport like 45-60 minitues south of the race course?

or are you referring to Phoenix airport?
I will be going through Phoenix - So I can swing by that airport -- or the tucson airport. (I am somewhat directionally challenged - but I think I came through tuscon last year .. it was dark and rainy tho .. so who knows :))) (Yes I am coming from the North)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I've registered, so now it's time to train in the snow. From what I hear of '05's rain situation, the snow should help..... a lot!

On the lighter side, I sure look forward to seeing all of you there. Remember, there'll be celebrating afterwards, and fund-raising during. Geez, if I didn't know any better, I'd say I'm already getting nervous about it!!!!!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
So I'll get to meet a fellow Va monkey in Az. :dancing:

So is the team locked in? If so let's register.
No doubt, so many VA monkeys, yet we don't all know each other for some reason...

Echo said:
I'm definite. Westy's definite. Peter's definite. If Doug is definite I'll register us tomorrow.
Just let me know what you need from me.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
peter6061 said:
Just let me know what you need from me.
I need the following info from each team member via PM:

First and last name
Birthdate
Telephone #
email address
Age on race day (Feb 18 2006)
Shirt size
Occupation
Emergency contact name
Emergency contact phone #
Lighting systems - number and brand

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Peter easily kept up with me on a pretty decent road climb at MBW, and I was in about my best shape of the year. He is also a singlespeed manaic. I don't think you need to worry about him :p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Peter easily kept up with me on a pretty decent road climb at MBW, and I was in about my best shape of the year. He is also a singlespeed manaic. I don't think you need to worry about him :p

worried, no

hopeful, yes (for a ringer!)

and FYI, my lap times will be faster this year.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Echo said:
Thanks Echo.

I've done a few 24s before; Moab, Seven Springs, etc,.. and a couple 12s. Did a lot of XC racing in the 90's at the sport & expert levels. I currently ride a lot of SS and mainly am wondering which bike to bring. Current potentials are, C-dale 1FG, scalpel, prophet. One of my buddies won the 5 person on an SS team a couple years ago, so I'm wondering about the technical nature of the trail. The pics all make it look smooth, but I remember riding in that general areas about 10 years ago and finding some pretty tech trails.

My main challenge will be trying to stay in shape throughout the winter. Just joined a gym, and have been going regularly. The only time to ride now is before the ground thaws, otherwise it's too wet. Might have to get out on the road a bit.

PM on the way.

edit: Oh, and I wouldn't call myself a 'ringer',... no matter how much I'd like to be.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
worried, no

hopeful, yes (for a ringer!)

and FYI, my lap times will be faster this year.
What do you mean "faster"? Faster than last year? Faster than Westy? Faster than me? :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
What do you mean "faster"? Faster than last year? Faster than Westy? Faster than me? :devil:

YES! haha, I actually meant my '06 lap times will be faster than my '05

I have a better bike, a better light, I ride a little "smarter" now....so all thats left is to be in as good (or better) shape :rolleyes:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
peter6061 said:
I've done a few 24s before; Moab, Seven Springs, etc,.. and a couple 12s. Did a lot of XC racing in the 90's at the sport & expert levels. I currently ride a lot of SS and mainly am wondering which bike to bring. Current potentials are, C-dale 1FG, scalpel, prophet. One of my buddies won the 5 person on an SS team a couple years ago, so I'm wondering about the technical nature of the trail. The pics all make it look smooth, but I remember riding in that general areas about 10 years ago and finding some pretty tech trails.
My main challenge will be trying to stay in shape throughout the winter. Just joined a gym, and have been going regularly. The only time to ride now is before the ground thaws, otherwise it's too wet. Might have to get out on the road a bit.
edit: Oh, and I wouldn't call myself a 'ringer',... no matter how much I'd like to be.
awesome! last year we did 5 person coed and somehow managed a 5th place (which was the last podium spot!)