Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
wow!
thats impressive.............and slightly crazy!
will you have a a crew to help out?
A friend of mine has plans to be racing female solo
-- well not exactly :) I am going to try and get my girl to come out from VA and help out :) .. but yes that is where I need to get my crap together :love: Yes I might be a little crazy ... but I am also not shooting to get 21 laps or anything crazy like that :))

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
So no "I'm 2Fast4ThoseSlackers" Webs then?
I think it is more of "I Don't Want 2BAround When These Heathens R Struck By Lightning" Webs. I actually haven't asked him yet. We don't have our crap together out here this year.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mcgowanc said:
-- well not exactly :) I am going to try and get my girl to come out from VA and help out :) .. but yes that is where I need to get my crap together :love: Yes I might be a little crazy ... but I am also not shooting to get 21 laps or anything crazy like that :))

cool...I cant guarentee much, but I can check at your camp once in a while to see if ya need anything

I'll try to introduce you to my friend Heather who should also be there racing solo

http://www.hmosley.blogspot.com

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum

I have already started a little snow training. At least I dont worry about falling in cactus. After last years cold rain who knows what the weather will be like. I will probably be looking to hook up with a team later in the month.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK, the Beast from the East is officially registered. I guess in a couple months I should probably pull that HRM out of the box and figure out how it works, and do a couple days of training.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
OK, the Beast from the East is officially registered. I guess in a couple months I should probably pull that HRM out of the box and figure out how it works, and do a couple days of training.
Best of the West is still arguing with wives, etc. Meanwhile, we need to come up with a policy regarding the trophies.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Crashby the the current owner of the Ridemonkey Cup. He won't be there to defend it, so chances are pretty good it will change hands unless we all DNF. Did greasey monkey get the fastest lap trophy from Westy at Dalton? If so, once again he won't be there to defend.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
douglas said:
I trained all summer...so from now until the race I plan to spend my time resting up!
Its kind of tough training when you have to ride through 12 inches of snow or so and 25 degree temps. My longest ride has been about 17 miles.

Where did you guys get that motorhome Doug? It looks just like the one Randy Quaid had in Christmas Vacation. Definitely cool-you guys must have been saying a prayer when you drove up to the campsite.:)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ack! that was one interestingly scary trip from Cali to Old Pueblo

picture a motorhome doing 80mph in the middle lane of a packed highway having a front tire blow out

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Crashby the the current owner of the Ridemonkey Cup. He won't be there to defend it, so chances are pretty good it will change hands unless we all DNF. Did greasey monkey get the fastest lap trophy from Westy at Dalton? If so, once again he won't be there to defend.

Will both cups be present at the race ?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
If greasey monkey has the fastest lap trophy, I will get it from him and bring it. And I already got the RM cup from Crashby.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Thanks for the redirect, douglas. Never would have thought to look in here. (duh!) This will be my first 24-hour race EVER, so I'm going to take it easy. I think the rest of my 4-person (co-ed) team are newbies as well, so I'll say "HI!" as you all run laps around us. :)

We'll have to get together and have some brews, though! Send me PM if you need a ride from the airport or something... I'll see what I can do!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I was thinking of renting a minvan or suv, and stay a couple extra days after the race. I most definitely want to do a ride at Fantasy Island in Tucson.

Anyone else able to stay and do some riding/sight seeing..maybe a hike or whatever

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We are regis-turd. I'll PM you slackers what you owe me.

I'm definitely down for spending a few extra days in the (relatively) warm weather. Still trying to work out the details there.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
West Coast is putting the finishing touches on the fastest team in history. Freaking Tinker isn't calling me back.

I talked to Tinker, he was so impressed with our team lineup he volunteered to crew for us.

WHAT!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah Boyyyyyyyyy!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I'm definately in for staying a few extra days on either end.

I grew up in Tucson, and though a lot of the rides have changed, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

I do plan to do some riding in Phoenix as well if any of you guys are interested. At least one ride a day. There is some sweet stuff up there. We might even want to make a little trek up to Sedona if its warm enough. I could be a pseudo-guide, though it's been about 6 years since I lived out there.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We should probably keep the trail rides to a minimum before the race. After the race I'm down for whatever, although our legs might complain a bit if we try to climb 3000 feet.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
peter6061 said:
I'm definately in for staying a few extra days on either end.

I grew up in Tucson, and though a lot of the rides have changed, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

I do plan to do some riding in Phoenix as well if any of you guys are interested. At least one ride a day. There is some sweet stuff up there. We might even want to make a little trek up to Sedona if its warm enough. I could be a pseudo-guide, though it's been about 6 years since I lived out there.
you plan to fly in/out of tucson ?

freakin awesome.....when it gets a little closer we'll have to work on some details...save some cash and share/split some car rental & hotel costs

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Hell with that, I'm going to clone myself and ride a tandem. Maybe I can even force my duplicate to do all the training.
If he's a duplicate of you, the local beer store better stock up.