Quantcast

24 inches of love

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Oh, that's not bad.

If I were to buy a 24" bike it would be a Fall Guy but I just bought a DOC...

Hrm, maybe I could sell my BMX and DOC and combine them into a Fall Guy.

Maybe I should never have seen this thread. :evil:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Changleen said:
Those Nemesis forks are sweet lookin', dude!
I rode it today for the first time, It's awesome. It's the perfect fork for the kind of riding this bike is intended fork

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
have you wonder what happen if santa had a fall guy? haha.. it would look like this! a xmas edition fall guy

=P chase 1 at the far back being outcast by us.. hahaa.. just kidding. just one of my riding buddy

theres some weird thing about the gold label 2. the 80mm is measured 467cm axle to crown. that is alot higher. weird

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
nice ride kenji.. not sure where it was mentioned but the reverse arch manitous have 20mm more stanction tube, as to avoid bottoming out the arch into your downtube. correct me if i'm wrong though..

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
I am i the oly one who finds the whole coloured pedal thing weird? If there's one part of a bike that will lose its finish that would be the pedals.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
TWISTED said:
Does anyone have any info on Shimano's new BMX group? I heard it was part XTR, part Saint, and all RAD!!!
It's called DXR, there was a pic of the cranks somewhere in this forum. They're like Saint cranks w/ detatchable spindle drive side. The hubs are open bearing, like XTR. The cranks are 4 bolt.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
CreeP said:
I am i the oly one who finds the whole coloured pedal thing weird? If there's one part of a bike that will lose its finish that would be the pedals.
I'm with you there. I just like black pedals, or silver on some bikes.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
TWISTED said:
Here's a some advice to fellow Fall Guy owners. 23lbs is too light a build kit for this bike and it's intended style of riding.
Both Landon and Tony warned me about my choice of lightweight, high-end carbon fibre cranks and bars.:nuts:

Here's my current build with Saint cranks after the rebuild.
I think its a very nice build.

what bar's/stem are you running?

I'm currently running Deity's, but I'm considering running the S.I.C classic stem (nice low profile) and 1.5" race bars. just to drop things down a bit in front.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
kenjikuro said:
umm i was bored at class. so i did a few colour scheme for tonic = P not really perfect. u can see a few wandering pixel here and there. but the idea of the colour is there =D[/url]
I think that's really cool. What program did you use to do that? I've only got a "Photo Studio 2000 SE" and it can't do stuff that well.

Could you take my bike and give it a matching green fork?

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
no problem.. give me a sec minute.. i will post it up as long i got it done. hmmm im using photoshop cs2. need a sharp picture.. = )

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
sherman jumper
deity bars/stem @ 23"
king headset
animal edwin grips
arrow frx/woodman front - atomlab gi /odyssey rear
holyrollers until i get the fs100s 2.1
odyssey chainring - profile cranks
bully seat - thomson post
xt brake

am i forgetting anything?
i'm basicaly replacing my doc frame with the fallguy.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i got my sherman over a year ago - after 2 stance statics broke on me - they upgraded me to a sherman for free.

oh, i also got the dk distortion magnesium sealed pedals, light and sweet.

took my doc out for one of his final rides around town last night... i love that frame/setup, i'm so used to it. but hopefuly the shortness of the fallguy will make a drastic enough difference in my riding to justify the blind leap.

inkdwheels

Chimp
Jan 27, 2004
Bay Area
What V-brakes are you guys using? I traded the morphine for a scratch because I couldn't sell it to buy a fall guy. (really and under-rated bike. Feels just like a bmx bike with an 80mm fork). I want to take off my disc brake before I break it.

Attachments

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
inkdwheels said:
What V-brakes are you guys using? I traded the morphine for a scratch because I couldn't sell it to buy a fall guy. (really and under-rated bike. Feels just like a bmx bike with an 80mm fork). I want to take off my disc brake before I break it.

I use a deore break, with Kool Stop MTB pads, an odyssey linear slic cable, and a Paul Love lever. I works great! Most of my riding buddies are amazed at how good it stops. I've heard really good things about Avid V's too.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Deore V-Brakes are sick. They're my favorite V-Brakes, even compared to Avids and they're under $20 at my LBS. Tektro makes my favorite levers. I'm not a fan of Paul 'cause they're really expensive. Tektros have adjustable play in the lever so they don't become useless after 6 months due to flop.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i bought a avid single digit 5 brake, running it, as of right now, with the avid lever from my avid disc brake.
the bike was done by 9pm last night. took it out for about half hour. still a few adjustments to make to dial it in. deffinately a HUGE change from my doc. i'll post a picture in a few.

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Oh man, my frame should be here friday! I am so fired up!! One day build and off to Ray's in Cleveland on Saturday.

Here is the goodies going on mine
Lowered to 80mm and painted White Rock Shox Pike
Thomson Stem/Seatpost
Avid Ultimate V's/Lever
Deity HBar w/ ODI Lock On's
Profile Crank (painted white)/Ti Spindle/Whippet Chainwheel
King rr hub/Rhyno Lite/DMR Moto Tire
Hugi fr hub/Rhyno Lite/DMR Moto Tire

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
btw i do have a question. do really gold label measure at 455 axle to crown? becuase i have another friend with gold label yet their lenght of axle to crown is 468. if this is so, i would like to try on my vanilla r 05 100mm whci his 465mm axle to crown. do guys think its alright?

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Gold Label Height?

Manitou list the axle to crown of the GL 80 as 460. Later Fall Guys (internally relieved HT, and other minor refinements) are designed around a 460mm fork, and 12mm of HS stack height. I need to update the text of ou website to reflect this information.

Measuring Axle to Crown very acurately is difficult. That said, my 80mm GL appears to be a little tall, around a 1/4" or sp. I'm also using a 3/4" shim underneath the top cap for additional spring stiffness. In order to install this shim, the fork had to be extended against the top out spring, and who knows, maybe this modification is exerting enough force to slightly extend the fork, thus increasing the axle to crown? I guess the slightly longer axle to crown was something I was able to adjust to easily.

The only possible problem you might run into using a 100mm fox fork is adjuster clearance on the DT. You might have to remove the adjusters for this to work. Another user mentioned the Rock Shox Pike. I'm not aware of anyone who has used a Pike on a Fall Guy and the same caution may apply: the adjusters will have to either be removed, or modified slightly to clear the downtube.

Nice black and white photos of the bike V-digit! I hope the bike lives up to your expectations, and is a lot of fun for you.

-L

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
thanks landon.... i've only had a few hours on it so far, but already loving it.
feel free to use the setup photo on your site ;) hopefully i'll have some action shots soon.

how about that t-shirt?

- Vas

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Landon:

I will have my new Fall Guy tommorow. I will post up pics of how the interference looks if there is some. I'll have the guys here at my work make some new caps if the existing caps don't work.