Quantcast

39 > 38

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Last gen 66 with a Ti spring and an Andreani piston upgrade would fit a 27.5.
Pretty killer fork. Sold it to a buddy who still runs it on an old-school Uzzi for occasional tomfoolery.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
mine wasn't OG, but it was coil spring with the air preload via schraeder, which had the added benefit of increasing preload while riding. but thankfully it prevented it from ever bottoming out
That was one bizarre ass setup, like how you could have worse stiction than a straight air-spring setup? Once it "moved" like on subsequent bumps, it was ok, but how they made that setup so terrible with the air-spring hybrid is pretty impressive.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
they should have spent less money on tits and more money on design
1. @gonefirefightin strenuously disagrees with this statement.

2. Please tell me you still have/wear that bedazzled freeride belt.

3. Better than a cadaver buttplug I think you can milk a 1.5 steerer into an OG Megatrail, then cut the fork arch off to save weight (minimal impact of fore/aft sitffies) and you're all set!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the one from hot topic?

:busted:
I won it in a vert contest at the first warped tour. So yeah, pretty much.

Wasn't there a Fox 36 coil 180 mm with a 20 mm axle not that long ago? Besides not being the obligatory "lighter Totem", was it super heavy? Shitty damper? Flex chicken? Creaky AF crown? All of the above?

That's my current placeholder. But I stuck a talas cart in it. That other thing I ranted about back when I cared.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
you're beginning to bore me

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you're beginning to bore me

beginning? i should try harder.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I would fuck those things up so regularly that when I borrowed a friends bike to try out, I remember sticking my own 66 on it because I was scared of fucking up his 66 :rofl:

View attachment 160624
You should account for all the contributing factors. Those oversized jeans, soaked in your own sweat, surely added a metric fuckton of weight, thus overstressing the poor fork. I do also understand from that picture you were trying to offset some of the added weight from the belt/jeans combo by running a $15 pisspot helmet.

EDIT: Suggested new game plan:
1. Buy this.
2. Ask @SinatorJ to install a new star nut in it.
3. Ask @englertracing to machine a new tapered steerer.
4. Beers (and Locktite!) with @SinatorJ to install said new steerer.
5. Beer (obviously!).
6. Profit!

Last edited: