Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
oddly enough, I dont think haven't posted yet. 41-2 lbs, I think. Mine is a classic, lol
Heck yeah get that 5th avy tuned and ride it like you stole it... Man I loved those bikes I had 2...

Now a buddy has 1 we beat on it has a avy tuned 5th and a Avy DHF on front. The 5th tuned what a difference... Still love the freeride ablility of that bike....

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Heck yeah get that 5th avy tuned and ride it like you stole it... Man I loved those bikes I had 2...

Now a buddy has 1 we beat on it has a avy tuned 5th and a Avy DHF on front. The 5th tuned what a difference... Still love the freeride ablility of that bike....
hmm, I'll have to look into that. I have never really been a fan of the 5th. it's like riding a dying slug. Ill have to lookin into getting it tuned since I'm riding it a ton more now.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Cant get over your ride man, that thing LOOKS PIMP!!!! :thumb:

You did a hell of a build and color on that not too much but enough to make it tough and clean.....
Thx bullcrew..really appreciate that...I tried to keep it simple...hoping to get it out this weekend for a maiden voyage so last time it will be looking like this :)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thx bullcrew..really appreciate that...I tried to keep it simple...hoping to get it out this weekend for a maiden voyage so last time it will be looking like this :)
If its anodized wipe it down before you ride with WD-40 it will keep it new looking then the muck and crud comes right off just reapply the WD-40 and it literally stays new looking. Mines seen hell and back tons of mud/snow/water/claycrap and it still looks new. #3m polish takes the hoops nad powder coat and keeps em looking new... FIgured on off days chillin at one of the shops I just bring it with and spruce it up. :D

Damn good looking though.....

bachmayeah

Chimp
Apr 3, 2008
Central Europe
bored, so i am posting it here, too.

partlist:
frame: intense m6 medium
rear shock: manitou revox / motopitkan 350*3,5 spring
fork: boxxer wc 201
wheelset: hope pro 2 / mavix ex721/ dt prolock alloy / dt revo
rear der + shifter: sram x0
chain: kmc 9 speed ti ni
chainguide: e13 lg1+
chainring: e13 38t
crankset: fsa gravity light 83*165
pedal: twenty6 rally ti
stem: twenty6 f1 boxxer integrated
headset: cane creek double xc flush II
grips: odi lock on intense
tires: intense (edge / dh)
seatpost: easton ec90
saddle: selle italia slr
handlebar: nukeproof warhead 2"rise 760mm
brakes avid elixir cr (203 mm fr 185mm rear)
cassette: dura ace

weight: ~ 16,5 kg / ~ 36,38 lbs

if anyone has a "cheap" 350*3.5 ti-spring let me know

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
not my ride but built it up for my girlfriend with the help of this tread and some of the other monkeys.

Its a touch over 33lbs without pedals but theres an a shorter airshock to go on it with the aim of dropping some weight and lowering the bb/slackening the head angle.

08 VP Free
DHX 5.0
Totem Solo Air with tapered steerer
Nukeproof warhead bar, stem, seatpost
Ragley cheeky natural saddle
old xt brakes 200mm f disk and 180 r with goodridge lines
Mavic crossmax xl front wheel and hope pro II 150 mm rear on DT 5.1 rim
Fsa platinum ISIS 83mm bb with NC-17 Freeride Pro ISIS Cranks
e13 32 th guide ring with LG1+
Sram x9 shifter with x7 short cage rear mech
105 12-25 cassette and sram pc971 chain
Ardent single ply 2.4 super tackys F+R with welterweight tubes

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
thanks its pretty cool to see the progression of bikes with a longer past to them the canfields have a pretty cool timeline as well I just happened to run into a collection of pics of Docs work and found it intresting... Then sinister or FTWs work....

fattyfat - no idea on weight but should make us all appreciative we have an industry thats paying attention to the weight loss threads..

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Too go back in time how the DH bike has evolved over the years,nice to see how far the industry have come.

1993 Iron Horse FS works

1998 Specialized FSR

2003 B1 team Pro DH

2005 Santa Cruz V10

2010 Trek Session 88

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
thanks its pretty cool to see the progression of bikes with a longer past to them the canfields have a pretty cool timeline as well I just happened to run into a collection of pics of Docs work and found it intresting... Then sinister or FTWs work....

fattyfat - no idea on weight but should make us all appreciative we have an industry thats paying attention to the weight loss threads..
Honestly, that thing looks unrideable. Of course its not but 'holy cramped cockpit batman'

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
My Giant Glory Team

Part list
Frame: Giant Glory Team
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer World cup 2010
Headset: 1 1.8 Cane Creek & 1.5 Acros
Stem: Spank Spike Toykio White/Chrome
Handlebar: Controltech House 710mm Carbon
Shifter: Sram X.O Redwin 9 speed
Grips: Acros A grip