Quantcast

666 Tuesday 999

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Fed up with how my rear brake is a little squishier than the front (2019 Code RS) due to the longer cable run with SRAM stock hydro cables. Ordered Goodridge braided cable instead.

Spent far too long wondering about ‘Carbon look’ vs. ‘Black’ colourways. Went black.

Running resins atm, totally fine, lovely feel (totes prefer resin feel), but saw Trickstuff also do resin pad (You might also like...). Resisted. Just.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh espresso, please wake me up. Sometimes its the little shit on a chore that puts a smile on my face. Intstalled the tow bar extension on the truck last night. Its close to 100 pounds and its a double truss going into a double receiver. Tight tolerance and its always a bitch when the camper is on the truck and you are on a knee doubled over. I got smart and lubed the receiver which removed at least half the fight. only took me 10 years to figure that one out. Well off to work I go.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
up @ 730. Critters fed, coffee made. laundry going. Delaying kitchen cleaning/dishes until spousal unit wakes up. Coffee and NPR in the meantime.

20210316_083542.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, ya bunch of NUTS! After what felt like a week straight of steady strong winds, it's finally calmed the hell down today. Cold though. I pedaled 90 minutes to nowhere this morning...pretty good workout too. And I just took the dog for a poop walk.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fed up with how my rear brake is a little squishier than the front (2019 Code RS) due to the longer cable run with SRAM stock hydro cables. Ordered Goodridge braided cable instead.

Spent far too long wondering about ‘Carbon look’ vs. ‘Black’ colourways. Went black.

Running resins atm, totally fine, lovely feel (totes prefer resin feel), but saw Trickstuff also do resin pad (You might also like...). Resisted. Just.
Does the brake line actually cause that?

The Codes on my girlfriends bike do the same. She has never mentioned it, but I can never get the rear brake to feel as tight as the front one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Lost track of time yesterday at the end of the day, owing to daylight savings. Looking forward to using that extra time for riding purposes instead.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How was skiing with the wife? did she shred the pow
Skiing was pretty okay. Wife did pretty good by her standards.

On a related note, I was pretty uncomfortable on drive up, and even more so on the way home. Without being too graphic, and with the caveat that I'm no doctor, I'm currently at the work/OJI clinic with what I suspect with a fair degree of certainty is a hernia from all the shoveling and frozen sandbag moving I did on Sunday extricating all the work vehicles from the snow.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

On a related note, I was pretty uncomfortable on drive up, and even more so on the way home. Without being too graphic, and with the caveat that I'm no doctor, I'm currently at the work/OJI clinic with what I suspect with a fair degree of certainty is a hernia from all the shoveling and frozen sandbag moving I did on Sunday extricating all the work vehicles from the snow.
bummer....

my brother was ignoring doctors instructions by the second day and was not impressed with my chauffeuring skills...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Getting a couple more loads off to storage while watching the market this morning. kinda like juggling chainsaws at the moment. I cant wait to get this shit over with, absolutely hate being under a timeframe or deadline. Still shopping around for an all mountain bike, something I can still hit the chairlift with but also enjoy the XC trails with.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

woof that's no fun.

also, i'm a terrible friend. sorry not sorry

1615907643467.png

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last cold day for the foreseeable future. Gonna go ride my fatbike on snow at lunch, for what will possibly be the last time this season.
well that was a great big nope. got dressed, got the bike ready, was about to load it in the car and noticed a rattling sound coming from the cassette: broken axle. :stosh:

I got the goddam hub in January! Luckily the shop is just a block away, so I brought it there. They have axles. Should be installed tomorrow.

Also while at the shop, brought my disassembled (summer) bike and new bearings to be swapped. Already a 2.5 week waiting period. Hopefully the beers I brought help speed up the process. There could, potentially, be dirt riding South of town this weekend...

It'll be 10c tomorrow though. Perfect for some mud soup making. :D
same here. but freezing at night. I'm hoping for a dawn patrol ride this week, and if I'm lucky the snow will have consolidated and hardened to "ride anywhere" conditions on Thursday or Friday. Who needs a stinkin' trail when you can ride anywhere in the forest?!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Does the brake line actually cause that?

The Codes on my girlfriends bike do the same. She has never mentioned it, but I can never get the rear brake to feel as tight as the front one.
Oh yes, it’s ’a thing’. Affects nearly all rear hydros to some degree but some brands seem to use better hose than others. (Shimano, Magura are a bit better in my experience.) But it’s common enough that there are two or three aftermarket steel braided hoses available. In the 00s it was very fashionable to have aftermarket lines, at least in the UK it was. I must admit it is pretty fussy thing to notice/bother to upgrade. It’s not like it’s horrendous atm but I do notice it on the SRAMs compared to other brakes I’ve run.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well, doc doesn't think it's a hernia. He said "huh" and "hmmm" a lot more than I'm comfortable with during the exam and offered nothing really conclusive. Waiting for an ultrasound, supposed to follow up Thursday morning. Not gonna lie, kind of on the border of freaking out over here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ya, just saw the official news, and was going to mention it.
Big bike is now more redundant than ever in good old Flatario. :mad:

Small consolation, but Horseshoe is supposed to be building more trails. :yu:
Yeah good on Horseshoe for providing some lift service. Just sucks that you wait in line longer than you do riding trails there. :(