Quantcast

Andorra 2022

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'll bet my spare toonie on Jean Girard for the men. Mebbe Vali can keep it rubber side down and win on the ladies side.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So...
  • Luca's out :(
  • Loic is busy organizing a riders union.
  • Andorra is the new Leogang.
  • Pits are both at the top and bottom of the venue
I'm calling this one for Finn, as the king of bikepark berms... Though it could be a good venue for Troy to come back strong?

For the ladies? I'm going w Myriam this time. I don't think Cami is quite as smooth in the bikeparky stuff...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
moar track walks:
Thibault Daprela was saying they actually changed the track a lot. Made it a lot harder. And he likes it.

Should be good. Can't wait for the first videos of riding... those berms to booters are going to be sent to kingdom come!

edited to add: tidbit from the above video, Myriam is feeling sick and didn't do track walk, and is even questionable for qualis... (at approx 33:30)

update 2: Sven said Myriam's at the hospital... :/ that does not sound bueno.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
moar track walks:
Track looks skitz fast and is gonna be drifty. Holy hell

That approach to the end bridge thingy looks sketchy as fuck. I hope no one gets bounced off line - its not gonna go well.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Troy,Angel,Gwin,Kerr,they must of went down. The Gaps are not too bad for the Top Dog’s. I sure hope we have good coverage.

Gwin know’s that type of loose dirt well from Mamouth Mnt,U.S. Nationals. Greg also does well in it,it’s goin be crazy tommorow.

Avy
Its timed training, they probably just stopped to let the dust settle.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Gwin know’s that type of loose dirt well from Mamouth Mnt,U.S. Nationals. Greg also does well in it,it’s goin be crazy tommorow.
Greg lives there now, will be interesting to see how he goes especially coming off a great Lenzerheide result.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Greg lives there now, will be interesting to see how he goes especially coming off a great Lenzerheide result.
Yeah I just heard that this morning,but he did’nt sell his house in SA with the Track in the background did he? NoWay,he has his bike shop there as well. Probably just need’ed some Fresh Grass to Graze on as well as a New PlayGround and Modest Retreat.

Avy

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Anyone else think the old track looked much better? Was probably the most steep/technical on the circuit. I guess the new track, particularly the top section, makes for good drone footage so there's that..

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I love it! Fast, old school and the skills of the riders are perfectly displayed, also for non-riders.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Coulanges had a good first two splits, then DNF. Hopefully he’s all good. Neko making it to the big show, but still pretty far down in the results. No Wyn, Cathro or Brendog. Not a good day for the YouTubers. Besides Kerr.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Coulanges had a good first two splits, then DNF. Hopefully he’s all good. Neko making it to the big show, but still pretty far down in the results. No Wyn, Cathro or Brendog. Not a good day for the YouTubers. Besides Kerr.
From the last race vlog Cathro put out on Pinkbike, I get the sense he's starting to realize he can't do it all: vlog, host, run a team and race... I got the sense he was ok putting the racing to the side...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
From the last race vlog Cathro put out on Pinkbike, I get the sense he's starting to realize he can't do it all: vlog, host, run a team and race... I got the sense he was ok putting the racing to the side...
He needs to sit down with Kerr and ask how he does it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Cathro is smart, has a family he needs to support and probably sees a future in production/team management with actual racing as simply his passion.

Kerr's content can be interesting but there is no planning, minimal editing and really just videos of him riding while Cathro's content is planned, scripted and well edited, clearly a lot less time required. A few weeks ago Kerr clearly forgot to edit out Eddie Masters asking which Conti tires were equivalent to the various Maxxis models that he preferred.

I assume Kerr also has a bigger budget this year as he clearly has additional help running the team with his brother on board and Siegenthaler there on race weekends. Although more people helping can often mean more work for the person in charge.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
He doesn't edit his vids that much.

Also tbh you never know if Kerr would get better results if he focused on racing only.

Bummed for Wyn. On trackwalks quite a few riders complained the track is too fast for racing even if it's fun at non race speeds. I wonder if that's causing some issues.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Bummed for Wyn.
What happened? Crashed? injured? or just not quick enough to qualify?

Talking of Wyn. He's one WC racer who's riding style has always struck me as odd. Obviously it goes without saying that he's an amazing rider and clearly capable of qualifying at WC DH (but unlikely to trouble the top 20 riders), won an EWS round and has manualling/wheelying skills to die for but on a DH or Enduro run he's always been instantly recognisable from the really awkward looking hunched up shoulders and low head riding position that I've seen no other WC rider adopt.