Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
God, that was almost as satisfying as reading George Will lament creating the monster that destroyed his party. The distancing from "today's party", and thereby the president, has begun and that's hysterical. I'm guessing Buck must be up for reelection next year?
it was also long winded.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
John Boehner blames Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh for GOP going off the rails

Thank gawd for Fox and Friends, though. Otherwise POTUS might have to read something to get good newz.

“I always liked Rush. When I went to Palm Beach I would always meet with Rush and we’d go play golf," Boehner said. "But you know, who was that right-wing guy, Levin? He went really crazy right and got a big audience, and he dragged Hannity to the dark side. He dragged Rush to the dark side. And these guys — I used to talk to them all the time. And suddenly they’re beating the living shit out of me.”

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
it was also long winded.
...and historically inaccurate.

"Those who called themselves Republicans have a strong heritage. Abolitionists founded the party to rid this country of the scourge of slavery and President Abraham Lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation. Trust busters had the vision to fight crony capitalism..."

This was all prior to the Voting Rights Act, which gave the right to vote to the black population, and triggered the great swap out between the 2 major parties...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I got this email today (don't know why I'm on their list).

Title seems legit:

10/30/2017

Subject: This is your last chance

To:

Date: Monday, October 30, 2017 12:52 PM

James,

No matter what the Fake News Media reports, we’re working to advance our agenda every day.

In the first 10 months alone, we’ve delivered on our promises and have proven we’re ready to fight for what we believe is right for the future of this great country.

We did it together in 2016, and there’s no doubt in my mind we have the momentum to keep it going. But I need to know you’re committed to our movement, James.

This is your last chance to update your record before our end-of-month deadline, and I’m hoping you’ll do so by renewing your Sustaining Membership:

2017 Sustaining Membership

Email:

2017 Sustaining Membership: PENDING

Account Number:

Renewal Deadline: October 31, 11:59 PM

CONTRIBUTE $250

CONTRIBUTE $100

about:blank 1/3

10/30/2017 Print

CONTRIBUTE $75

CONTRIBUTE $50

CONTRIBUTE $35

CONTRIBUTE OTHER AMOUNT

Please contribute to renew your Sustaining Membership for the 2017 year.

We cannot allow the Fake News Media and obstructionist Democrats to flood the airwaves and mislead the American people, James, and they are our strongest opponent yet.

So please, be sure to renew your 2017 Sustaining Membership before the October 31 deadline.

Thank you,

about:blank 2/3

Donald J. Trump President of The United States

P.S. - I’ve requested a list of every person who steps up and renews their 2017 Sustaining Membership before the October 31 deadline. I hope to see your name on the list.

CONTRIBUTE $100

10/30/2017 Print

Paid for by the Republican National Committee Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. www.GOP.com

You are receiving this email at [deleted] Republican National Committee (RNC), 310 1st St SE Washington, DC, 20003-1885, US

We believe this is an important way to reach our grassroots supporters with the most up-to-date information regarding the efforts of the Republican Party and President Trump, and we’re glad you’re on our team. It’s because of grassroots supporters like you that we will Make America Great Again, and we appreciate your support. Thank you for all that you do!

Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

I tried to contribute some Thoughts and Prayers™. Strangely there was no option for this? I should probably get off this mailing list, but it's fairly comical.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Especially as this is the same crowd that will fight against LGBT rights to protect the sanctity of marriage and the bible.
“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

He was just being a good Christian. Who knows, maybe his relationship with that 14 year old could have resulted in the second coming of Jesus?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

He was just being a good Christian. Who knows, maybe his relationship with that 14 year old could have resulted in the second coming of Jesus?
I think it is important to remember that this is also Alabama. I assume it is OK there to bang your sister because Eve was essentially Adam's twin and their children had to practice incest to multiply.

Googling "adam and eve incest" provides some pretty hilarious results. Creationists attempting to justify such things via genetics.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...Googling "adam and eve incest" provides some pretty hilarious results. Creationists attempting to justify such things via genetics.
I knew I shouldn't but I did.
My head has now officially exploded.
There be some "interesting" logic being employed.
I got sucked in by the mental gymnastics - there be some masters of WTF showing their skilllz

Thanks for the Friday night entertainment.:rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I tried to find that tweet so that I could heart it but apparently the user has deleted it?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When a spineless idiot like the Turtle stands up and says you arent fit for the office, someone needs to pay attention...

As if there wasnt enough damning info out on this clown already, this finishes him imho.

"Moore also drew controversy for failing to disclose that he paid himself and his family over $1 million from his charity, Foundation for Moral Law."

"Some of his soldiers gave him the derogatory nickname "Captain America", due to his attitude toward discipline. This role earned him enemies, and in his autobiography he recalls sleeping on sandbags to avoid a grenade or bomb being tossed under his cot, as many of his men had threatened him with fragging."

"When Hannity asked Moore if he had ever dated teenagers when he was in his 30s, Moore replied "Not generally, no."

"Not generally, no"? Daphuque?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When a spineless idiot like the Turtle stands up and says you arent fit for the office, someone needs to pay attention...

As if there wasnt enough damning info out on this clown already, this finishes him imho.

"Moore also drew controversy for failing to disclose that he paid himself and his family over $1 million from his charity, Foundation for Moral Law."

"Some of his soldiers gave him the derogatory nickname "Captain America", due to his attitude toward discipline. This role earned him enemies, and in his autobiography he recalls sleeping on sandbags to avoid a grenade or bomb being tossed under his cot, as many of his men had threatened him with fragging."

"When Hannity asked Moore if he had ever dated teenagers when he was in his 30s, Moore replied "Not generally, no."

"Not generally, no"? Daphuque?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

And Alabama will probably still elect him, because Alabama.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Damn, I just watched that episode of the Vietnam documentary last night. It's one of those things, along with some others, that just blows my mind about the "war". Worth watching if you haven't seen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I said it in another thread, but this boggles my mind. The Cosby/Trump conundrum. The CK/Trump conundrum. The Wiesenstien/Trump conundrum, etc, etc.
At least CK realizes the depths of his depravity and seems somewhat contrite about the matter. Doesn't change what he's done or the impact it's had, but I have to give him some credit for admitting his mistakes.

These other assholes can't even acknowledge it and choose to slander their accusers. Maybe I'm talking shades of black here, but in my mind there's a distinction between CK and the rest.

Last edited: