Quantcast

Attention Karpiel Armageddon fans!!!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still say of all the frames I have seen butt nekkid (the frame, not me), the Disco was the sweetest. I was blown away with the overall construction of that frame. It was so buff in all the right places. I have never seen one built in person, I wish I could ride one...

It's a secret lust of mine. I think the Army is sweet too, but way overkill for anything I would ride.

redhead1302

Chimp
May 11, 2005
nor*cal
look brian, I do not think mike wanted this on the internet, just cuz he is only making a small # of frames. & you could be geting a lot of ppl hopes up.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
redhead1302 said:
look brian, I do not think mike wanted this on the internet, just cuz he is only making a small # of frames. & you could be geting a lot of ppl hopes up.
I talked to Mike about this a few weeks back about posting a little something just to get the feelers out and seeing if there is still a demand for the bikes, thats all. I seem to get emails and PM's all the time asking whats happening with Karpiel and if Jan will be making more frames. Just wanted to see if this can be a realistic thing. I know this is something Mike is doing on the side, and I think it's great. Who knows where it will go from here, but in my opinion it's at least good to have an idea.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
AAAAHHHH! I finished mine, now it's time to build.
Lollipop purple/blue (like a santacruz trans color), polished rear triangle, polished cams, polished seat stay. I ano'd the thomson post identical to the frame along with the coilover adjuster and spring perch on my avy mixed with my TI spring and deemax rims. I'll post a pick later in the week when assembled.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Hi!

I see a lot guys looking familiar :)

I will be the one wanting a new one, no matter what the price will be.

I was owning three of them, and the 02 disco with avy has just arrived. Works almost same like my army.

As i told in many topics, discussions and other - for me, Karpiels are the best. Too bad to hear again bad things abut Jan, as im living in the same country he was born... Im not a stereotype person, but Jan looks like a classic Pole - Girls, alcohol - and a free hand to waste a lot of money with no profit ;/

But im just a kid - 20years old, and when i saw the down and than double down movie, krisspy's style! ( respect! ) i told myself i will own the army. Sooner or later but i will. ( I was riding a norco screamer bike worth 200-300$ here... ) Sounds stupid but here it was a lot of cash, especcialy for me. And now, after about 4 years of hard working and trying to not fail on univ. i have one with mtn8. Thank god for the internet, without it i should probalbly be running some ****y fully now.

Even with so hard to get cash, i still want to throw away all of my about one year earnings for a new army. That just says for itself i think how good they are!

Sorry for all this little story post, and sorry for my english.

Peace for all huckers , Karpiel and Avy fans all over the world :)

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Is that true that some people was waiting to get a new one welded for them more than 3 months?

It sounds sick... like new Mercedes supercar, you gotta pay milions and still have to wait...

Why its taking so long ? I know creating such frame is not a simple process, but i can machine the cnc job in one day, than cutting some pipes and welding is another day. Ok theres a lot to do, geometry details, heat treating, painting - i know. But i think it was taking too long, esspecialy for that price.

I want a new one, cause soon there will be no used ones in good condition to swich to, and a new one should last till the and of my biking life ;>

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
MaxDamageDA said:
Is that true that some people was waiting to get a new one welded for them more than 3 months?

It sounds sick... like new Mercedes supercar, you gotta pay milions and still have to wait...

Why its taking so long ? I know creating such frame is not a simple process, but i can machine the cnc job in one day, than cutting some pipes and welding is another day. Ok theres a lot to do, geometry details, heat treating, painting - i know. But i think it was taking too long, esspecialy for that price.

I want a new one, cause soon there will be no used ones in good condition to swich to, and a new one should last till the and of my biking life ;>
Karpiel bikes have always been pretty notorious for taking a long time to deliver. Not quite sure why, but I'd guess it's due to Karpiel being a small shop, that farms out many parts of the production process.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Guys i have a problem. Sorry for writing in this topic but i see a lot karpiel interested guys here that can probably help me.

2 months a go i bought a complete armageddon race bike from ebay. The seller was Karl Rogne. I know he was riding it for go-ride team, and dindt supposed any problems.

Now i have one. Im not telling he's a thief or whatever, but im a little scared , a lot of money sent, a buyer here that wants his bike and me with his cash and without the bike...

Karl waas msg me after new year ( about 1 month since i won it ) that he was busy and didnt have a time to ship it, he told the box was wet etc. Ok i understand it. But from that time , i didnt get any response from him, and its 2 months now :(

I think he's too well known to be a scammer, maybe something happened to him? Maybe he leaved? I dont know.

If anybody have any contact else than email i will be very greatfull for that. If you know him personally or can give him a call, PLEASE do it.

I have no other idea how to get to him and dont wanna even think of so much cash lost :(

Thanks from above guys.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MaxDamageDA said:
Guys i have a problem. Sorry for writing in this topic but i see a lot karpiel interested guys here that can probably help me.

2 months a go i bought a complete armageddon race bike from ebay. The seller was Karl Rogne. I know he was riding it for go-ride team, and dindt supposed any problems.

Now i have one. Im not telling he's a thief or whatever, but im a little scared , a lot of money sent, a buyer here that wants his bike and me with his cash and without the bike...

Karl waas msg me after new year ( about 1 month since i won it ) that he was busy and didnt have a time to ship it, he told the box was wet etc. Ok i understand it. But from that time , i didnt get any response from him, and its 2 months now :(

I think he's too well known to be a scammer, maybe something happened to him? Maybe he leaved? I dont know.

If anybody have any contact else than email i will be very greatfull for that. If you know him personally or can give him a call, PLEASE do it.

I have no other idea how to get to him and dont wanna even think of so much cash lost :(

Thanks from above guys.
I'm sure you don't know this because of where you are but Reno got really flooded at the beginning of this month. Karl's ground level apartment was under about a foot of water for a few days. He's still cleaning up. I think some of his computer stuff got destroyed because I know he hasn't checked his email in weeks. I just called him and let him know your concerns. It sounds like the boxing requirements you needed means he has to make a bunch of boxes himself and what he had already packed got pretty wet.

He's not going to burn you. Him and his girlfriend are trustworthy ebay traders with a good history.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I can vouch for that area having serious flooding around christmas & new years. Hope you get the issue worked out.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Many thanks for your help, as i expected. I was wondering it was some connection problems. I didnt figured out that the winter has killing power. We got about -28 degrees now ( midnight )

Good to hear everything is ok.

BIG THANKS again!

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Hi!

Could you call him again please? I will even pay you for phone... really.

He told me that he will ship it asap and he didnt yet. No contact ;/

Its almost 3 months from date i bought it, and i still want to leave positive feedback

Please

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MaxDamageDA said:
Hi!

Could you call him again please? I will even pay you for phone... really.

He told me that he will ship it asap and he didnt yet. No contact ;/

Its almost 3 months from date i bought it, and i still want to leave positive feedback

Please
He said you owe him money for shipping. He also said that he told you this.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Thrillkil said:
Karpiel bikes have always been pretty notorious for taking a long time to deliver. Not quite sure why, but I'd guess it's due to Karpiel being a small shop, that farms out many parts of the production process.
its called lack of money. You have capital, you get things done ASAP; you're trying to juggle balances, well things take longer. Balfa went through this and it almost killed them (the first time); the catch 22 was they couldnt build more bikes until they sold more bikes. Now if you're a scoudrel things guess harder from there...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
kidwoo said:
He said you owe him money for shipping. He also said that he told you this.
Come on, chances are dude prob. paid quite a bit for the frame. I think what he paid outweighs the little owed on shipping.
I figure it's probably over 1k he paid so atleast call him (several times or email even more), even if he hasn't sent the full money for shipping. If he paid for the frame and partial on the shipping You got to figure he has quite a bit tied up in it already (you have your money)especially from out of country plus the customs delay. I'd say he's intrested, keep him posted and remind him that he owes.
I owned a glass shop in SD and a car audio store in Vegas and I can speak from 10 yrs experience in wholesale and retail that if you don't keep on them even if it's their error your falling short of your obligations.
I got 20k of inventory and a customers car stolen from my shop in the middle of the night (inside job had to be) and still with all the destruction, inventory accounting,police reports, insurance claims and etc.. managed to keep my glass shop running (from 350 miles away), ibc claims and stereo shop moving on my own accord.
It's the expected norm if you choose to sell accept the responsibility of the few who delay in response even if there is only a tid bit of money coming your way and it doesn't count as profit. It's a sellors responsibility always has been and always will be. I hate it half the time but it's expected. :mad:
Just my .02 cents.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
kidwoo said:
That's a wonderful story.

1. it's not my transaction

2. see # 1

3. it's not my transaction

4. see # 2
I didn't refer to you personally, but rather the incident. I know #1 from reading it that it wasn't you. I can read, and have been known to have the ability to write on occasion. It was more of a shout out!
It was in reference to selling and customer service no matter how big or small. I am sorry after rereading it it does seem to be directed slightly from some of the wording. It was more of a shout out than a directed statement or atleast was intended that way.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Thanks for every help and good words, still pending ;/

Besides, i bought a whole bike on army frame, i really dont remember anything about some mismatch in shipping, it could be a paypal fee, but its only a few bucks, i think its even not worth mentioning after 3 months of waitin, but i still want to cover it. Just want this bike...

I wasnt scared even a little as it was raced in Go Ride team, and Karl is well known i think.

And about a brand name, theres a lot people , even here i think, whos hearts are starting beating faster when they see Karpiel frame :D Including me. And when it comes in pair with Avalanche thats the set which makes me shiver ;]

I hope ill end with another karpiel in my home rather than without it and my money ;/

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Any other guys knowing Karl? Kid-woo's please respond my pm - call Karl , i WILL pay you for that.

I almost lost any hope for seeing that bike here ;/ Its FOUR MONTHS now from the day i bought it ;/

Im dealing stuff for almost 3 years and thats my first bad experience. I dont know what im supose to do now. Ive trusted many people i even dont know and they were always honorable. I wasnt even thinking that the guy who rode for go-ride and i can find him on the startlists in google can behave like that.

And to be straight , i paid him fully, ask people who i was dealing here in past 3-4 weeks, i bought about 5 frames and forks and everyones happy.

I will pay for any help guys, PLEASE!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've told him to mail the damn thing every time I see him.

He's a snowboard instructor who sleeps at the mountain and at friend's houses pretty frequently so I can understand him not getting emails regularly.

As far as I know he mailed it.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
KIDWOO - PLEASE if you can call him last time. Let me know if he shipped it for sure and which way he did it. If the bike is still in his hands ill start getting it in other way. I was waiting FOUR months, thats way too long.

Due to that, the guy who was suposed to get Karls armageddon was so pissed off by waiting that he forced me to get his cash back and i gave him my frame from singature - there was no other choice for me. LOOK WHAT I HAVE LOST BECAUSE OF KARL - http://tinyurl.com/js53y

You cant even imagine how mad i am now...

I dont know what will happen , i lost my baby :(

I have been dealing with kids and they were more responsible than Karl - an adult man with racing carieer - pitiful :nopity:

:help: :help: :help:

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Too bad i cant just go in person with Karl now...

If there will be no other way i will get a visa , pack my ass in a plane and find this guy - i always dreamed about trip to us though...

I lost so much that now its even worth it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I can understand your frustration.

HOWEVER. Every time I've talked to karl including 5 minutes ago, he says you still owe him money for shipping or insurance. Not to mention the absurd boxing requirements you specified.

This happens to be one of the few times of year that I don't see him regularly but every time you've told me to get in touch with him, I have. The feeling I get is that you're going to me instead of him to gripe. He just told me that he's ready to send back the money that you sent him because you're apparently holding out on some additional amount.

Clear it up with him. I'm not his mother.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
HIS NOT CONTACTING ME, WHYYYYYY!

I paid him fully - check my ebay feedback, ask guys who im dealing with here on forum

HE DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT ANY MORE CASH - NEVER! That was really no problem for me to send some more.

I dont want his money, I NEED THE BIKE!

I know youre not his mother man, youre just the only one that he responds to, cuz he dont answers my mails, and never told anything about more cash, why he told me that he will ship the bike for sure at 28th february and didnt tell anything about cash? WHY?

ANd about boxing, thats not my specification but usps requirements - everyone before him didnt have problems with proper packaging.

And i see nothing bad in you - you helped me, thank you!

And once again about the cash, maybe he really wants this 3% ( ? ) fee that paypal charge. Yes... thats really a reason not to ship the bike for 4 months...

I will pay him whatever he wants just to get this bike here besides i know i dont owe him any money