Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Damn what a race!! Williams crushed the backside of those middle jumps compared to Bruni who probably went 20ft deeper than anyone else. Seemed to be the difference. What a talent that kid is.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Rik and Cedric's comentary got waaaay MOAR paletable throughout that race for some reason...
:Alcoholic::cheers::Alcoholic:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Damn what a race!! Williams crushed the backside of those middle jumps compared to Bruni who probably went 20ft deeper than anyone else. Seemed to be the difference. What a talent that kid is.
Humble AF too.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Seeing Vali Holl's reaction when Rachel won, I think that the girls just realized that she's still pretty dominant and the season will be hard for them if Rachel starts every race!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
not sure Vali can help that.

It's also fine to be pissed at just being beaten

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
No doubt. Is he the First to ever do that? 1Race,1Win.

Avy

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The racing itself was pretty good even if it's not the best racing track as 1 mistake kinda ends your chances but jesus this transmission was a dumpster fire.

1. The comentators had nothing to say. Sure they are part of the scene but Claudio and Rob actually know riders, know what's going on in the teams so all they had to say is "wow he is going down the hill"
2. They also were worse at describing what's happening
3. Their microphones were also sounding like they were placed in their butts. Jesus the audio quality was bad.
4. Red Bull had a lot of nice looking visuals, that line where 2 riders chased each other and a lot of other stuff while Disco graphics look like a PS3 game from 2007. All the extra features RB had were gone, no hot seat interviews too until very late.
5. Who directed the event? Did the only bike event they directed before was bike polo? Since the random cuts to trainers when the riders were on camera and riding were nonsense.

Generally some things can be improved (direction, graphics) but I assume the commentators are under contract. Why were they not screen/mic tested to see if their comentary works. Or were they and they were looking for "Eurosport TDF energy" ?

Props for Williams though. To win his first elite race in such a confident way.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Unless you count the Juniors?
16 year old Erice Van Lerven in her 1st ever DH WC, won the day before. She would have been 7th in the elite women's final.
No Brother,not Junionr’s.

Man, his confidence must be through the roof! Also I was glad of his Country,keep us on edge I say. To get that First Win so Fast is dangerous,he got a taste,a Proper Taste.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The actual races were awesome. Semis are dumb. Just didn't seem to matter. Fast riders are protected, fast unprotected riders don't have to kill themselves to make the cut. Possibly more interesting if you are following the 25-35 place riders. They should just broadcast qualifying runs.

Cedric says a lot of dumb shit. Kind of enjoyable if you imagine him as a French Absurdist Existentialist poet.

Yutes and olds FTW

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What I found interesting from all the rider interviews is that despite the mental difficulty of doing essentially two full on race runs they were able to improve on their runs from semis. So essentially, they are getting closer to getting a perfect run...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just finished watching Men's finals, watched womens last night. Wife is a huge Rachel fan, so she loved that race. I'd have liked to seen what Pierron could have done, but props for Williams for bossing that.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I thought the commentary was indeed not great for juniors. Cedric was sometimes getting carried away with excitement and losing track of what he wanted to say... :) I thought, it was already much better (and actually quite good) for semis and finals however. I am confident they will improve and probably become very good after a few races.