Quantcast

bender's canfield

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Awesome, another thing for him to crash.

I hope the Canfeild didn't comp that one, I know they are limited in budget. Lance has proven that frame to be capable of huge abuse, so I can't see what josh could bring that hasn't already been shown.

I'd really like to see the F1 under a full on racer boy, see if it can do that.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Sweet frame for sure. I'd be a little concerned about my sticks and berries getting stuck in between the twin top tube. :eek: I'm sure Bender will put some crazy big seat/foam across it.

Anyway it looks really cool.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
F Me that's a beautiful frame! I too was reminded of my old Torker. Looks like many of us had them. Those Canfields look really nice. I have been looking at their website lately and I am really starting to like their frames. How do they ride? Are they DH racing machines or more freeride/all around oriented? I know they are expensive but that's about it. Anyone with some seat time on on of those?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Toshi said:
i dig. 9" is enough for me tho :)
pseudo derail: how do you like the frame in the tighter, technical stuff (ie, n. shore / whistler trails)? given the rearward axle path, is rear suspension "growth" that noticeable and/or detrimental in the slower, tech stuff? good looking frames.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
xy9ine said:
pseudo derail: how do you like the frame in the tighter, technical stuff (ie, n. shore / whistler trails)? given the rearward axle path, is rear suspension "growth" that noticeable and/or detrimental in the slower, tech stuff? good looking frames.
Ciaran and xy9ine, please read my review:

Canfield F1 review

short version: with the great turning radius allowed by the wide-crown '01 Monster i run i find the F1 to be a great shore bike. the only thing the rear wheel path is truly detrimental to is manualing ability.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Toshi said:
the only thing the rear wheel path is truly detrimental to is manualing ability.
Can you manual yours much? A guy I know had about 3.5 pedal strokes on mine and whipped out a fairly good manual....seems he might be a better rider than me, though. :rolleyes:

That there bike is pretty sick... :drool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SilentJ said:
Can you manual yours much? A guy I know had about 3.5 pedal strokes on mine and whipped out a fairly good manual....seems he might be a better rider than me, though. :rolleyes:

That there bike is pretty sick... :drool:
i can't manual mine at all. i've come across two riders who can manual it consistently. i'd claim my inability is because i'm short except that one of those two is shorter than me... :confused:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LOL

:D

Seriously...

...that sun-bitch is gonna get beat on sooooooo bad.

-There should be an optional "Bender Package" for that frame that comes with it's own TIG welder... and hand-signed note of mental incompetance...