Quantcast

bender's canfield

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Threepointtwo said:
A couple of people have asked if the Canfield is a decent race bike. Go check the Deer Valley semi pro results - some guy named Chris kicked some major butt.

Yeah and boy did that thing suck up the landing and g-out on the finish drop.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
flymybike said:
I hope he never does the Jaw Drop again. I don't like seeing my buddies busted up.

It's close to a Fatty Fat but the custom head angle for the Super Monster gives it a more rearward wheel path.

As far as what he has planed, he keeps that stuff on the down low until he's ready to hit it. I'll leave spreading the word about that up to him. I'm sure you'll see it in movies.

hey lance i noticed those skull-and-crossbrace thing didnt make it to benders bike, is that because of extra travel or something along those lines? or just because he wont be turning all that much on it?

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
vitox said:
hey lance i noticed those skull-and-crossbrace thing didnt make it to benders bike, is that because of extra travel or something along those lines? or just because he wont be turning all that much on it?

The links on his bike are much thicker than the F1. The pivot system on a Fatty Fat has bearings in the frame (all the way across on Benders frame) and the links clamp onto the axles. It's makes it harder to assemble but the stiffness is increased by doing that way.

On the F1 frames we designed them to be more user friendly when servicing. You just remove the axles, loosen the pinch bolts and push the bearings out with you fingers. Reassemble the same way, takes about 15-30 minutes to do them all.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
flymybike said:
...he needs to have the confedence of rearward arc to know that he won't stick his wheel on landing. This has been his nemisies. sp?
I'm gonna argue that while the rearward arc on your fantastic wish-I-could-have one bikes might help him out, it ain't exactly whats been hurting him.

Simply put, hes got neither your skills, nor wades, nor any of the other big boys. Hes got balls of 4130 for sure, but that ain't gonna do it.

Didn't the apacolypse have a slightly rearward path?

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
dropmachine.com said:
Didn't the apacolypse have a slightly rearward path?
At the top of the travel. It has to swing forward through the travel to not explode the derailliur. Ours uses a upper pulley wheel to counter the chain stretch.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Sgt Brown said:
I sure wish someone else would do that damn drop and stick it... Like Gracia, or Simmons....
no, both of those guys have brains between their ears.... plus gracia is a racer not a mother-hucker

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
well i cant really say anything "wrong words sorry" cant exactly know what it feels like or how it rides but in my opinion im not a fan of its looks or design ..to me i build race cars and it looks like that bike is a liiiiitle over inganered but i dont know thats my opinion

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
tacobelldhr said:
well i cant really say anything "wrong words sorry" cant exactly know what it feels like or how it rides but in my opinion im not a fan of its looks or design ..to me i build race cars and it looks like that bike is a liiiiitle over inganered but i dont know thats my opinion
did you go to "inganering" school? :nuts:

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
lovebunny said:
wow that made no sense. wow thats a beefy bike. my bb7 weighs 41 complete. thats jsut over twice that frame. wow.
My F1 was 41 lbs for the Red Bull Rampage last year. Get the bike thats right for you. Right? Bender smashes everything!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I think the bike suits the purpose quite well... nice paint job & graphics!

Congrats - nice bike.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
I thought you might like a sneek peek at the 2006 F1. It's a 4130 cromo main frame and 7000 series aluminum rear and links. Weight is 1/4 lb more than the aluminum version from 2005.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
nice!

that is really pretty!

the "sore thumb blue" swingarm kind reminds me of late 90`s discos who often had a garish green color.

is that the DHR? are they ready?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i actually emailed wb a couple days ago. the response was: "At this time the DHR is still in the test phase. I do not have a lead time on the availability. I will let you know as soon as this phase is done". so yeah. i'm determined to have a fully air-sprung bike for next year; if not the dhr, the boxxer wc (if, it is indeed sans-springs). i do :heart: my wb (dh2.0) fork, though.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
flymybike said:
A few pics from the weekend.
Benders bike complete and dirty
Lance trying it out
Bender doing a rock star!? (no foot / one hand
awesome

1. what are the brakes?
2. come on what does she weigh?

the fork actually looks good on there.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
DHS said:
awesome

1. what are the brakes?
2. come on what does she weigh?

the fork actually looks good on there.
Diatech Anchors
I don't think we have a official weight but 65 lbs. ish. Everything on it is about as heavy as you could buy.
Fork is 66 deg. I designed it to run the Super Monster. Could work with a Rissi Big Foot or a MT. 10.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I give the seat about two minutes.
Other then that, thats a sweet bike though, built for what its supposed to do without compromising and it still looks a bit like a racebike in a way. It even reminds me of a BB7 a bit.
Props to Bender for steppin it up. Our world would be a more boring one without hero's like him.