Quantcast

bender's canfield

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
dropmachine.com said:
Awesome, another thing for him to crash.

I hope the Canfeild didn't comp that one, I know they are limited in budget. Lance has proven that frame to be capable of huge abuse, so I can't see what josh could bring that hasn't already been shown.

I'd really like to see the F1 under a full on racer boy, see if it can do that.
some kid racing pkill and diablo has been killing everyone on a canfeild posting some quick times
zip ties rule they are holding the inner plate of my gevil (giant evil combo) chainguide together.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmmm.... The seat tube looks arse pierceing, kinda like an evil DIC.. Opps I mean DOC without the useless seat tube brace.

Thats my bad... This may be too harsh for a Bender Bashing Thread!

blt2ride said:
I saw him at Bootleg a few months ago, and he was riding a Banchee...
josh still rides for Banshee. there is no wording in his contract that prevents him from riding another manufacturers bike if HE pays for it. notice it dosen't have the typical "Canfield" decal that runs along the downtube. he dosen't just ride an F1 because it wasn't designed for that 12" fork he runs.........

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Thats my bad... This may be too harsh for a Bender Bashing Thread!
...this isn't a Bender-bashing thread - it's about that pimp-ass Canfield, and that HE'S gonna be riding it with his style of riding...

...one DOES have to acknowledge the fact that he's COMPLETELY out of his mind, attempting some of the things he tries to do...

...there IS a limit to going big - that limit being the physical forces at which ones body will crumple upon impact - and like Evel Knievel, he seems to over-extend this limit every time...

In short: He crazy.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i think that bike is the definition of bad ass, i kinda get the same buzz from looking at it that i did when the harbor where i lived got visited by the soviet northern fleet.

some crossbracing on the upper link and an avy would be cooler even.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
hey, sweet ass bike. Bender is cool by me, he's got nuts more than anyone on this whole website. So he never lands a drop (LOL)

I'm amazed he's still alive. I heard he does 1000 pushups and 1000 situps a day. That's why he hasn't crumpled yet.

Is there a video out of just Bender doing drops. Oops, I mean attempting drops?

Kevin

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
WestCoastHucker said:
josh still rides for Banshee. there is no wording in his contract that prevents him from riding another manufacturers bike if HE pays for it. notice it dosen't have the typical "Canfield" decal that runs along the downtube. he dosen't just ride an F1 because it wasn't designed for that 12" fork he runs.........
Kinda weak if you ask me. If you are representing a company, you should ride their bikes and only their bike while under contract. That's what professionals do...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
well perhaps the banshee is for super hucks and the canfield is for toned down riding like some north shore or other stuff.... whould that be ok with you e-gods, if some one would have more than one bike, and they arent the same company? :eek:

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
That is weak... travel is overrated anyways, I'll bet tyler klassen can do anything bender can on a 6" bike.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Sgt Brown said:
Kinda weak if you ask me. If you are representing a company, you should ride their bikes and only their bike while under contract. That's what professionals do...
hmmmm, guess professionals have never sharpie'd out tire logos, or run certain chainguides from one company with the bashguard of the company they were sponsored by... :think:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Sgt Brown said:
like that "turner" hardtail you raced at big bear mtnx in 2003?

(bustin' yer balls big guy)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
How said:
That is weak... travel is overrated anyways, I'll bet tyler klassen can do anything bender can on a 6" bike.

I would like to see Klassen on the Jaw drop on a 6" bike....and yes, - I will allow him to crash on the landing :) ....but do you think he will ride over the edge ?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Or EC and Mongoose/Turner?

I wouldnt blame someone that goes as big as bender wanting a frame with more than a 2.25" stroke shock.... The scream was a nice bike, but with such a high leverage ratio it has a hard time with the real big hits. When I owned one I could blow through my travel with a 750lb spring on GLC or Aline drops and I'm just a hack doing small drops. The shock was steup properly too. I didnt once bottom my DHR last season at whistler, and im able to run almost 1/2 the weight spring.....

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
seismic said:
Yeah....travel may be overrated but lever ratios are not ! Very important point !
Well it's more of a quality combinations of both that makes for good performance. The best bikes have found a balance/compromise between travel, leverage ratio, and shaft stroke.

Anybody spent any time building driving, desert trucks (class 7 and up)? Some of those things almost have a one to one leverage ratio. The freaking shocks are like 4 feet long when extended. Butter smooth though. Imagine fitting a shock with a nine inch shaft to your DH bike. HAHA.

Edit:
I'm not trying to pretend to know what the best compromise of all components that make for good travel are.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Bender is a Banshee rider and will remain with them. He came to us to build him the ultimate huck bike. He wants it for some really "BIG" stuff he's got lined up. We didn't want to step on Banshees toes so we made sure they where aware of it before we started building. We aren't sponsering him but we gave him a friendship deal, he is a very close friend of Chris and I and we have tried for some time now, to figure out a way to set him up. He was at a point where he really needed a special bike and I am thrilled to have him riding a CB, the "Bender" Signature frame.
The Bender frame is a 4130 main frame with aluminum rear weighing in at 18.73 LBS frame and shock. We are sure that the rear arc is going to help him to stick the really big landings.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
flymybike said:
Bender is a Banshee rider and will remain with them. He came to us to build him the ultimate huck bike. He wants it for some really "BIG" stuff he's got lined up. We didn't want to step on Banshees toes so we made sure they where aware of it before we started building. We aren't sponsering him but we gave him a friendship deal, he is a very close friend of Chris and I and we have tried for some time now, to figure out a way to set him up. He was at a point where he really needed a special bike and I am thrilled to have him riding a CB, the "Bender" Signature frame.
The Bender frame is a 4130 main frame with aluminum rear weighing in at 18.73 LBS frame and shock. We are sure that the rear arc is going to help him to stick the really big landings.

Well, - just of of curiosity.....do you guys expect the Romic shock to hold up for his kind of riding....sure the frame will, but Romic ....? :confused:

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
seismic said:
Well, - just of of curiosity.....do you guys expect the Romic shock to hold up for his kind of riding....sure the frame will, but Romic ....? :confused:
We recomended a Avy but Romic is his sponser.
Don't get me wrong, Chris and I both run Romic and love them. The Romic survived the Super T drop 3 times in a row so ......

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
©2001 said:
like that "turner" hardtail you raced at big bear mtnx in 2003?

(bustin' yer balls big guy)
Got me on that one. I only raced it in the final. I'd broke the rail proto in the previous race and had no other choice, and got my ass kicked...lol.. But I didn't take photos holding the frame up for all to see online. Hey If i were him I'd much rather ride that frame too... Either way, lame lame lame.....

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
dirtjumpP.1 said:
ive heard he plans to never do the jaw drop again.....
I hope he never does the Jaw Drop again. I don't like seeing my buddies busted up.

It's close to a Fatty Fat but the custom head angle for the Super Monster gives it a more rearward wheel path.

As far as what he has planed, he keeps that stuff on the down low until he's ready to hit it. I'll leave spreading the word about that up to him. I'm sure you'll see it in movies.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
PooMan said:
flymybike said:
We recomended a Avy but Romic is his sponser. QUOTE]
don't see why that would matter to him, apparently
His intent isn't to upset his sponsors, quite the opposite. It's to have a bike that will allow hit to try what he alone is willing to try. He will continue to ride his sponsored frames for nearly every situation but when he is going for the most enormious jump of his life he needs to have the confedence of rearward arc to know that he won't stick his wheel on landing. This has been his nemisies. sp?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
A couple of people have asked if the Canfield is a decent race bike. Go check the Deer Valley semi pro results - some guy named Chris kicked some major butt.