Quantcast

bender's canfield

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Big deal. **** happens. i dont think any more or less of CFB. Bender is hard on parts – and that is probably putting it mildly. So don't tie Canfields reputation to one single situation. They didnt ask for their dirty laundry to be broadcast on the internet. That's between bender and CFB. Im sure that will only make future CFB bikes stronger. you can get better unless you first fail anyway.

joel

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Hi everyone-
Benders rear is stock. We built it out of stock parts to keep the cost down. Steel would have been good for him, but would have cost about 2000.00 more to do. We haven't had any failures on any of our reartriangles yet. We are going to rebuild the rear with thicker tubes and maybe a couple extra gussets for the hell of it.
He will be back and rolling in no time.
Cheers- Drink more Mate
Canfield's

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
What is everyones deal I just found this thread?? As far as no one doing the Jaw drop The story I heard was some phycist and engineers got together had a baby and the baby said it is imposible to land with current shock technology and frames due to the the G's the speed and the landing isn't steep enough so it has been put on the DNA list for now.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey Canfield Bros. - Why don't you use Reynolds 853 or whatever that heat-hardening grade is? Is it a question of availibility?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Changleen said:
Hey Canfield Bros. - Why don't you use Reynolds 853 or whatever that heat-hardening grade is? Is it a question of availibility?
he already answered this. its more a question of price

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Changleen said:
wow, that really sounds like you know your materials and construction methods and could offer sound engineering advise to Lance and Chris – NOT.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Jimmy_Pop said:
Big deal. **** happens. i dont think any more or less of CFB. Bender is hard on parts – and that is probably putting it mildly. So don't tie Canfields reputation to one single situation. They didnt ask for their dirty laundry to be broadcast on the internet. That's between bender and CFB. Im sure that will only make future CFB bikes stronger. you can get better unless you first fail anyway.

joel
I don't think anyone does. Everyone here knows Benders a hack and I'm sure he cased more gaps on that bike than anyone can imagine.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Sherpa said:
I don't think anyone does. Everyone here knows Benders a hack and I'm sure he cased more gaps on that bike than anyone can imagine.
maybe you should call bender up, and give him some advice on how to be a sick rider like yourself. :thumb: