Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Going for DH laps in Champery today. I might use the Ebike to grab some limes this afternoon. Margaritas wash down all the switchbacks nicely!
I love E! E.L.E.
I'm surprised the trails are still open. When I drove over San Bernadino pass Monday there was a bit of snow and when I flew out of Zurich to Athens Wednesday it looked like a real storm was coming in. Also, the NA resorts close their lifts by mid-Sept regardless of conditions. Another reason I need to relocate to the Portes du Soleil.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm surprised the trails are still open. When I drove over San Bernadino pass Monday there was a bit of snow and when I flew out of Zurich to Athens Wednesday it looked like a real storm was coming in. Also, the NA resorts close their lifts by mid-Sept regardless of conditions. Another reason I need to relocate to the Portes du Soleil.
NA as in north America?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, "closing day" is always a bummer, but the skiing gets the bu$ine$$.

Wolf Creek and Keystone are already open for skiing! Bring your rock skis!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, I realize Whistler stays open later and Sun Peaks went until late Sept but everywhere else was closed by the time I did a road trip around the West, PNW, and BC in mid-late Sept.
Here on the east coast, many parks stay open through late Oct. But our winters suck. Next weekend is the final weekend at my local bike park here in Pennsyltucky.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Loved this comment on IG regarding ebikes at the Sedona Bike Festival:

"Snowboarders push all the snow off the hill just like e-bikes wreck trails"

:D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Maybe all these assholes from Yorkshire are assholes because they have weird dicks. They meet women who aren’t from Yorkshire and get laughed at. Could explain a lot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ooh, nice. Which motor is that? Small battery just next to it? How much vert do you get out of how many Wh?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ooh, nice. Which motor is that? Small battery just next to it? How much vert do you get out of how many Wh?
It is a motor from Kranked. The battery is in a backpack but I am making a steel front triangle frame for it with room for a 200mm dropper and a battery.

620Wh. It all depends on how fast you go. I had one similar with a 1000Wh battery but I never ran out of juice and it was heavy so I’m trying out a smaller lighter one. I tried to make this one as light as my normal ebike.

If I can find a battery with Samsung 40t cells then I would have 30% more energy storing capacity. There aren’t many li ion cells which have high discharge rates AND have a lot of capacity. My current battery is made of Samsung 25r cells.

That gives me an idea….. Can I order a 72v battery to your house and you forward it to me? Haha, it is a dangerous goods something and needs special fees etc. I haven’t been able to figure it out…..

I can only find the 72v batteries in the US. Let me know if you feel like dealing with something like that and what I could do for you? Do I remember you liking stinky cheese? Plenty of that here.

This is the one i would get if I can figure out how to get it here.

Last edited: