rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Haha, the anti van lifers have pr people

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
okay...the bathroom in this seems like the lion the witch and the wardrobe...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
on today's episode of Karen writes clickbait

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Some truth to some of that, but I'm guessing the author is in the market for a used van and is finding too much competition. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
if that’s the case, any tips on finding it if it has been covered over or grassed over? i have mowed this 1/10th of an acre for six years, and haven‘t stumbled across it...
Call Dig Safe and get them to come mark where your sewer line is. Should be able to follow it from there and see if you have any visible access.

If not, you might have to have a plumber scope the line and determine where the clean-out is.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Call Dig Safe and get them to come mark where your sewer line is. Should be able to follow it from there and see if you have any visible access.

If not, you might have to have a plumber scope the line and determine where the clean-out is.
They aren't always outdoors either. I grew up in a house where the only cleanout was just inside the basement. Since then I've had septic systems in both houses I've owned, and yes, there's a cap on the tank and the d-box, but the cleanout is also inside the basement in both those houses as well.

I haven't done any research into it yet, but I'd love to find a tank cover that has a port for an RV sewer hose. Lacking any pre-made models, I don't imagine it would too hard to fabricate one of my own.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Our access is under our mid-70s house but we installed a 2nd clean-out access into our sewer line when we had the back '40 dug due to root intrusion abatement (and if we were to ever add toilet / plumbing to the 'shed...)

It shouldn't be too expensive to have one installed if you don't have an exterior access currently, 9/10th of the work is digging up the pipe and your son probably needs (non-gaming) summer chores in addition to push-ups ;)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Spotted the other day:

GMC HD with Duramax, crew cab long bed. Not sure if 2500 or 3500 SRW.

It was notable because it was pulling a Winnebago Micro Minnie. Not sure if transporting for a friend or what, but that’s a 3,000-4,500 lb dry weight trailer depending on floorplan being pulled by a truck that can tow 18,500-20,000.

:lol:

Keeping a good safety margin, he was.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Spotted the other day:

It was notable because it was pulling a Winnebago Micro Minnie. Not sure if transporting for a friend or what, but that’s a 3,000-4,500 lb dry weight trailer depending on floorplan being pulled by a truck that can tow 18,500-20,000.

Better too much truck than not enough. Especially considering the CO mountains and associated power loss/braking needs.

Technically my Tacoma was rated for 6500 lbs but NFW would I want to tow that much except across flat ground at sea level.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Do you buy a truck to haul a camper you have? Or a camper you can tow with the truck you have. Always a dilemma.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hey Toshi
Who is to say that the guy doesn't use the truck to tow his construction equipment during the week and he had no need or want to tow a big ass can't fit it anywhere but a full hookup concrete jungle luxury campground fifth wheel trailer so instead he has a trailer that fits his needs?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey Toshi
Who is to say that the guy doesn't use the truck to tow his construction equipment during the week and he had no need or want to tow a big ass can't fit it anywhere but a full hookup concrete jungle luxury campground fifth wheel trailer so instead he has a trailer that fits his needs?
Possible. No livery on brown truck, not white work paint. No toolbox, either.

I’m sure there’s some story behind it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Possible. No livery on brown truck, not white work paint. No toolbox, either.

I’m sure there’s some story behind it.
Lots of guys out here have all their stuff in a covered trailer and use magnetic door signs for the corporate stuff and then go incognito in the off hours. Less chance of low life's breaking a window looking for tools to steal and resell

Lots of guys out here have all their stuff in a covered trailer and use magnetic door signs for the corporate stuff and then go incognito in the off hours. Less chance of low life's breaking a window looking for tools to steal and resell
I have thought for years about getting a pair of magnetic psuedo-business signs for my series of white cargo vans. Figured it might be useful for occasional creative parking. I have never gone past thinking about it, the vans are so close to invisible anyway.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
2 shelf wardrobe cabinet and over window cabinet that goes between the bed and bathroom for misc. This might be it for storage. See how this 4 day weekend shakes out. Buy some hinges tomorrow and get these sanded and painted after all my glue is dried.

IMG_20200629_171926.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have thought for years about getting a pair of magnetic psuedo-business signs for my series of white cargo vans. Figured it might be useful for occasional creative parking. I have never gone past thinking about it, the vans are so close to invisible anyway.
leave a metal clipboard on the dash...hard hat...reflective vest on the passenger seat...if you got a place for a orange pylon on the bumper...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Spotted the other day:

speaking of too much truck....i forgot where in wyoming at a dealership i drove by....a dodge triple cab w/8ft bed.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
leave a metal clipboard on the dash...hard hat...reflective vest on the passenger seat...if you got a place for a orange pylon on the bumper...
There is a step van RV that has the cab all legit. Clipboard on the dash, vest and hard hat hung up on a hook. It's awesome.