Quantcast

Campers

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Pointless dumb windows in the tiny cabover coffin bedspace.

I bet they want $75k for just the tiny camper?
Actually this is a contractor box, Fibrobec Diablo. You can have those shells used for around $2-3k

I always wondered if they could be made to work as a camper.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I used to think I wanted a bad-ass sprinter. Now they just look gauche and ’trying too hard’. I think I will just laquer my entire camper shell with $100 bills, and it will have the same effect.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Explain sani flush, plz.
camper has a external hose fitting with a one way valve. You hook a garden hose up to it. the fitting leads to multiple spray heads inside the black tank some of which are aimed at the tank level sensors. turn the hose on and it sprays down the entire inside of the tank. You do this with the stinky slinky attached and the tank drained. After a few minutes I close the dump valve add some detergent through the toilet and let it spray and fill the tank then I pull the dump valve and drain the tank again. final step is to let it rinse for a few minutes then close the dump valve, and let in some more water to cover the tank bottom before shutting off and disconnecting the garden hose.

camper has a external hose fitting with a one way valve. You hook a garden hose up to it. the fitting leads to multiple spray heads inside the black tank some of which are aimed at the tank level sensors. turn the hose on and it sprays down the entire inside of the tank. You do this with the stinky slinky attached and the tank drained. After a few minutes I close the dump valve add some detergent through the toilet and let it spray and fill the tank then I pull the dump valve and drain the tank again. final step is to let it rinse for a few minutes then close the dump valve, and let in some more water to cover the tank bottom before shutting off and disconnecting the garden hose.
I spray but would be unwilling to waste the water required to refill the tank.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's awesome. My Lance was pre-sani flush, so I had to buy a wand, send it down the toilet hatch, and pray not to get with too much spray back. Wasn't my favorite task.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
That's awesome. My Lance was pre-sani flush, so I had to buy a wand, send it down the toilet hatch, and pray not to get with too much spray back. Wasn't my favorite task.
Ya, I used a wand 1 time, then had to wash the spray back off my face... Now I just put 20 pounds of ice in a half full tank and drive around for a while, and then dump... Generally, after that I will fill the l black tank with clean water and dump it again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ya, I used a wand 1 time, then had to wash the spray back off my face... Now I just put 20 pounds of ice in a half full tank and drive around for a while, and then dump... Generally, after that I will fill the l black tank with clean water and dump it again.
This was a tip from @gonefirefightin dump the ice from the cooler, or buy a bag and dump it in before we drive home. Seems to clean it out pretty well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The shop quoted me "about $500" to replace the control arm u bolts, alignment, oil change and trans service. So Frita will get dropped off next week likely. Then I can start on the redo of the walls and floor and do my countertop.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Getting ready to go forth and fish this weekend so I did the sani flush on the black tank and refilled the fresh water tank. Tomorrow in goes the fishing gear
I always make sure to flush mine when I am at a site with full hook ups. I don't have the ability to politely dump at home :busted:

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Having a place at home to dump is great! We have one about 15ft from where we park the trailer. Its very handy...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
One of the joys of having a Camper is to have a private place to masturbate without having the Cat stare at you. I suppose you could bring the Cat if that's what you're into.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
:blink: :bad:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
My sewer cleanout at home is probably 40' away uphill from my trailer drain. The ditch at the road is 40' downhill from the drain

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My sewer cleanout at home is probably 40' away uphill from my trailer drain. The ditch at the road is 40' downhill from the drain
I use a macerator that hooks to the dump outlet and a dedicated 100’ of garden hose goes up about 7 feet. Works pretty good.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I think I'll stick with waiting in the dump line for the few times I don't camp at sites with full hook ups. I also don't want to tow an extra 30 gallons of poo back home if I don't have to.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I did not know that.
Good info on the truck stops. I had no idea.
I know for a fact every Flying J, Petro and loves has an dedicated RV island with a multi fuel pump, fresh water as well as a dump on the same island. Propane is usually nearby as well. Also get the membership loyalty cards since you can earn free showers and meals with fuel purchases. The showers are nice if you have been boondocking and want to conserve your water while on the road.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I know for a fact every Flying J, Petro and loves has an dedicated RV island with a multi fuel pump, fresh water as well as a dump on the same island. Propane is usually nearby as well. Also get the membership loyalty cards since you can earn free showers and meals with fuel purchases. The showers are nice if you have been boondocking and want to conserve your water while on the road.
most Loves truck stops have a similar set up plus a fenced dog park

good reference

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's about 40% of what the swallows + their later co-habitants have cost me on my mountain house

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I think I'll stick with waiting in the dump line for the few times I don't camp at sites with full hook ups.
I used to think this way, then I waited almost an hour for a dipshit with a swastika tattoo to figure out his dump situation on my way home from a long weekend. The fuckwit was afraid to touch his damn rinse hose. It was a real struggle between my desire to get home and my desire to never speak to or help anybody with a swastika tattoo, ultimately I waited it out in the truck with the fam while making fun of him and decided the next time there was a line to dump I'd just haul it home and order a macerator.

Weirdly the truck stop dump stations rarely seem to pop up on any of the apps.