Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's where I pulled his addy. The order for a dozen boards has been paid for. Hope to get shipping confirmation soon. I'm giddy.

a01df11d3a27d9e9df27b50ec4a06865.jpg

Nothing fancy but quality parts. Better than what I started on back in the day.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There's a woman who's son got killed here recently. She took some donations to build a LONG overdue skatepark in a parking lot with a ton of volunteer hours in her son's name because he always wanted one. I took about 20 years worth of old skateboard shit and just dropped it off at the new park with a free sign.

It's astounding how much such simple little things, obvious things, can completely transform a youth community. I know everyone thinks tahoe is 'recreation mecca bro' but kids can't get around on shitty dangerous mountain roads to even go see friends. Now they have a hub that's not douchey mcmoney ski school crap.

I spent my teens in the back of cop cars due to nothing more than the belligerence of people fighting this kind of stuff. It needs to be squashed whenever possible. Dirtjumps, skateparks, even community theater stuff with open mic nights for awful bands playing green day covers.......such basic stuff that idiots with money in charge never realize that this also deals with drug addiction problems, with school violence, name it. Kids need a place to do things that's not school.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Fascinating, A tidal wave of molten rock and prehistoric body parts of marine life originating from a Meteor hitting the Yucatan peninsula washed up all the way in the Dakotas. Who woulda thunk it
Keep in mind - the continental layout/sea level was pretty different when that meteor hit to the current state. Geology is cool...

1668098340419.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the judge in the parkland shooter trial is my favorite person at the moment

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Inaba Farms

A good story on some local history I never knew about. Nice to see them return the land to the Tribe.

@boostindoubles
Lon is a good guy! They have an uphill battle to keep that farm in business. It's going to take hard work and finding key employees to morph it into a successful Yakama Nation Farm.

I may even get to have a role at some point.

Fwiw - Lon kicked in $10,000 towards a giant trail project I am working on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fascinating, A tidal wave of molten rock and prehistoric body parts of marine life originating from a Meteor hitting the Yucatan peninsula washed up all the way in the Dakotas. Who woulda thunk it
i happened across this article the other night and thought it was pretty fascinating.