Quantcast

Gurney

Chimp
Jan 14, 2010
Ill say this, i dont know much about those specific places you live, but the jedi is very good in the rough trails, its not bad on the smooth, but that is not really doing it justice, you will really only benefit on the jedi in rough terrain and even more so with racing. I dont know what the terrain is like up there, but if its the "typical north shore from the videos" and "a-line" it doesnt look very rough, that said, i have never ridden there. The jedi is supposed to squat under braking, it may, i dont really notice it, i dont happen to think it has the best braking out there, its certainly not the worst. I mention this because of all the shore videos having muddy fall line trails. In a nutshell, if your riding A line and skinny ladders all day, the jedi isnt for you (not that it cant be) I would take the devinci for those things, but thats only based off perception off of a place i have never been to, in another country. Pictures and other things can help me help you more

This is the type of terrain i got mine for
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/77804/

Most of the riding that I enjoy is fast, steep and rough, not into the skinnies and such. I do enjoy A-line but it is not a trail that I obsess over.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Well it may be for you than, call canfield (if you havent) they are real nice guys and wont just lie to you to sell a product, you will get the advice, even if it isnt in their favor. I can only give my advice, unfortunately, you have to interpret what you think is good or bad for you and make the decisions based on that.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Ill say this, i dont know much about those specific places you live, but the jedi is very good in the rough trails, its not bad on the smooth, but that is not really doing it justice, you will really only benefit on the jedi in rough terrain and even more so with racing. I dont know what the terrain is like up there, but if its the "typical north shore from the videos" and "a-line" it doesnt look very rough, that said, i have never ridden there. The jedi is supposed to squat under braking, it may, i dont really notice it, i dont happen to think it has the best braking out there, its certainly not the worst. I mention this because of all the shore videos having muddy fall line trails. In a nutshell, if your riding A line and skinny ladders all day, the jedi isnt for you (not that it cant be) I would take the devinci for those things, but thats only based off perception off of a place i have never been to, in another country. Pictures and other things can help me help you more

This is the type of terrain i got mine for
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/77804/

Ripper?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Id like to see the frame raw or black
with red letters/links. Its cool to see orange on it in general, while i like the blue, sometimes any change in color is good change

supramk388

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Albuquerque
I've said that the 2011 looked ugly but this bike is completely the opposite. Awesome.
Nice tires! :thumb:
You caught that? :thumb: They are not the production models so spacing will be improved (that from Lance Canfield) on side knobs. I think on the center as well but I forgot, lol. These were only the proto tires BTW but more updates when I know some BC.

The 2011 Jedi is so so PIMP!

The tires held up all weekend tubeless as far as know. They were mounted to Canfield rims as well. I mention this cause I saw TONS of flats this weekend at Bootleg.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Supra; on the 2011, does it use the same rear end, if somebody (not me personally) wanted to turn their 2010 into a 2011, is that as easy as a new front triangle? I had the option to upgrade the rear end on my 08 to fit bigger tires, same possibility with the front now?

As it is, bike looks PIMP

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
You caught that? :thumb: They are not the production models so spacing will be improved (that from Lance Canfield) on side knobs. I think on the center as well but I forgot, lol. These were only the proto tires BTW but more updates when I know some BC.

The 2011 Jedi is so so PIMP!

The tires held up all weekend tubeless as far as know. They were mounted to Canfield rims as well. I mention this cause I saw TONS of flats this weekend at Bootleg.
LOL I know Chris brought them by the house in Boise a while back with the wheels as well... Looks promising for sure... Lance and Chris did a good job and a well thought out one on stuff for riders from riders...

supramk388

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Supra; on the 2011, does it use the same rear end, if somebody (not me personally) wanted to turn their 2010 into a 2011, is that as easy as a new front triangle? I had the option to upgrade the rear end on my 08 to fit bigger tires, same possibility with the front now?

As it is, bike looks PIMP
No its not the same so I doubt it is interchangeable on the older Jedi. I am sure Lance or Chris will jump in when they have time for more detail.

The new rear T has a little shorter chain stay for even better turning. If you look closely at those pics you can see other updates pretty much any place you look. :weee:

I was looking over the camera and am kicking myself for not getting more pics :mad:

braaaap

Chimp
Feb 27, 2007
Utard
Damn sexy... Had the chance to rip it around a bit over the past weekend at Bootleg. Felt super tight, responsive and freaking smooth. Good thing I got my pre-order in! Can't wait to ride it this year.

babw

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Damn sexy... Had the chance to rip it around a bit over the past weekend at Bootleg. Felt super tight, responsive and freaking smooth. Good thing I got my pre-order in! Can't wait to ride it this year.
Have you ridden the 09, 10 Jedi?

Did the new one feel a whole lot different to that?

Limy

Chimp
Jul 16, 2007
I've got one on order with RC4 shock as was the cheapest option but I have picked up a 2nd hand Avy shock that will be going on instead. Unfortunately as I am in the UK I will have to wait slightly longer than you guys for it to arrive. Black with Black linkages for me but to be honest I would be happy with any colour.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Raw here then off to the powder coaters....

BTW I have been running the deity fantom stem for the better part of a yewar and LOVE it, well I swapped to the canfield stem last week while waiting for my new fantom stem and can say "The canfield stem stays on for now"..

The lower positioning and closer to the bars getrs control over the front end with the weight being lower as well as pockets the cornering on hte bike better than the fanto did...

I noticied it immediatley I went out to the parking lot and started ripping corners and weighting the outside pedal and the bike was dropping over and in easily... It cornered WELL before3 but maybe its my height or size but the drop stem feels better for cornering... Its like loading hte front with a bit more weight and complimenting the suspension and ride...