Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This would be a pretty nightmarish Nov 3 +/- mail-in vote counting.

The push from the bootlickers to invalidate the election of the electoral college proves to be this close would be very strong. I sure hope PA, etc. don't go red and cause this scenario.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The push from the bootlickers to invalidate the election of the electoral college proves to be this close would be very strong. I sure hope PA, etc. don't go red and cause this scenario.
I assume the strategy of the invalidation would be to force a validated outcome to be decided by the SCOTUS. Wouldn't a full invalidation place the Speaker Of The House in charge?

That assumes we are following any Constitutional law at that point.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

There sure would be some sweet, sweet, sweet schadenfreude if this is how Biden won, but "lost" the popular vote.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There sure would be some sweet, sweet, sweet schadenfreude if this is how Biden won, but "lost" the popular vote.
Due to the stacking of the electoral college system towards low population/red states that's unlikely.

Capture.PNG

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
"Even fat girls need love." -The President, probably

Edit: How much of a bitch is Mike Hackabee when he not only lets this slide, but continues to lick trumps boots?

Edit 2: It's a typo, but I'm leaving it.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wonder what percentage of seniors can't maintain their current budget/life without SS (I bet its staggeringly high) and how badly a mass-crash of seniors, bankruptcies, mortgage defaults, etc. would impact the 'bEst ec0nomy in tHE historY of eVerythings!"
Based on my experience? All of them. And of all of them, well over half are over 50% dependent on it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
INDISPUTABLE TRUTH OF THE STABLE GENIUS DRINKING LIBRL TEERZ!

I sat down and took out some meat I had killed with my gun earlier in the day, and that’s when I noticed it: black-clad thugs, everywhere. I felt very uncomfortable, particularly when two of them sat down in my row.

I asked the first one what he does, and he said: “I’m a looter. I just bought this $300 plane ticket so I could travel to wherever and steal $100 worth of clothes, which is something that definitely happens because it makes sense.”

The other guy nodded and said, “I’m an anarchist. And I’m hoping to destroy America while also collecting valuable mileage points for future travel.”

I kept silent for a moment, afraid they would beat me up or destroy my suburb.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
INDISPUTABLE TRUTH OF THE STABLE GENIUS DRINKING LIBRL TEERZ!

I sat down and took out some meat I had killed with my gun earlier in the day, and that’s when I noticed it: black-clad thugs, everywhere. I felt very uncomfortable, particularly when two of them sat down in my row.

I asked the first one what he does, and he said: “I’m a looter. I just bought this $300 plane ticket so I could travel to wherever and steal $100 worth of clothes, which is something that definitely happens because it makes sense.”

The other guy nodded and said, “I’m an anarchist. And I’m hoping to destroy America while also collecting valuable mileage points for future travel.”

I kept silent for a moment, afraid they would beat me up or destroy my suburb.
"Next we boarded the plane in order from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

:-)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The reason king chud wants the election called on election night.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The reason king chud wants the election called on election night.

First presidential candidate to start creating special rules about how the votes get counted.
Feature not a bug.

And you thought a dangling chad was a big deal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First presidential candidate to start creating special rules about how the votes get counted.
Feature not a bug.

And you thought a dangling chad was a big deal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

“They throw the cans of soup,” the president said. “That’s better than a brick because you can’t throw a brick; it’s too heavy.” “And then when they get caught, they say, ‘No, this is soup for my family.’

formyfamily.JPG

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Good read on Trump’s incredibly stable approval ratings.
I have a hard time with this:

Few of us have true, firsthand knowledge of the government’s response to the pandemic. What we know of it is mediated by the information sources we choose and trust. “The nature of the crisis is perfectly set up for perception to matter a lot and be manipulatable,” says Marquette University political scientist Julia Azari. “Far more people know they had to stay home for two months than were directly affected by Covid-19 (so far, at least). Narratives that this has been a lie, a hoax, or an exaggeration, are very powerful for some people.”

A friend of mine lost an aunt and uncle to covid in April. I'm pretty sure @Nick had it given his cardiovascular issues that popped up after his "flu™" (same here for the record), and 4 other people I know who caught it from an asymptomatic band member trying to rehearse for street performances in one their homes.

I know that's just me but dayum. Every bidness owner out there, everyone who got or didn't get a check or PPP loan (graphic designer friend of mine did) who's paying attention knows the "gov't response to this pandemic"

I mean honestly, if you don't, you're not paying attention like a fucking moron. Which I guess is true. Maybe the author is just reiterating that we are a nation of fucking morons and I don't want to really genuinely accept that.

Also he's kinda jumping the gun at 200k dead. We'll reach that, I have little doubt but we ain't there yet.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Vote early, vote often!

There is a "but Chicago!" joke buried somewhere in this story, I can feel it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm pretty sure @Nick had it given his cardiovascular issues that popped up after his "flu™" (same here for the record)
FWIW I got a positive antibody test in August. That's 5 months later. 3-day heart monitor results show normal for me (same electrical glitch as always)

Perception is reality. Some people have no first or second hand experience and think closing their local Chili's' is a disproportionate response.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
"But a new force looms into view. For the whole Trump era a certain sort of conservative has been cowering from the Trump onslaught. Certain sorts of moderates and liberals have also been keeping their heads down, so they won’t get bitten off by the woke mobs. But now the very existence of the Republic is at stake.

It turns out, amid the existential crisis, there really is a group of sober people who are militant about America, who can see reality unblinkered by the lens of partisanship, and who are finally compelled to organize."

This. There are many times more centrists than either extreme end of our spectrum.

I'll gladly be the armed security at @Westy's Cascadia Freedom Compound & Fro-go Camp.