Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Got the same kind of shit happening up here as well, local church defying the closure yet again.
They have another protest sermon scheduled for today. The old man preacher got charged last week, and this week it looks like it is the kid preachers turn. I say throw the book at him, not just mask violations but throw in public endangerment and a few other related charges. As well, I think they should kettle the parking lot and charge every one of the the congregation participating that are of legal age.

You keep hearing about mah freedom, mah freedom....

I'm starting to wonder if Freedom gives you the stupids.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My town (live and teach) has seen a 35% increase in the number of active cases in a week. Needless to say, we are remote learning this week due to a number of students and staff that are in quarantine. Some people will never learn :(

I am approved for the vaccine as a direct care worker but opted to wait because they haven't vaccinated all of our 1st responders and medicalcal professionals yet....THEY are the ones who should be getting it. I am capable of wearing a mask and staying home by choice they don't have that choice with their profession.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Gah, could Operation Waddle Speed screw this up anymore ?

old half dose = new full dose
They just started with a double size for good measure?
People hate when shrinkflation hits the toilet paper rolls, so you can imagine how this will go over for a product which hasn't even hit the shelf.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
old half dose = new full dose
They just started with a double size for good measure?
People hate when shrinkflation hits the toilet paper rolls, so you can imagine how this will go over for a product which hasn't even hit the shelf.
I would hope that they went into clinical testing seeking the most successful possible dosage not trying and not trying to optimize for the sake of speed and that new evidence shows a lower dose creates the results.

Also, it may not matter.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I would hope that they went into clinical testing seeking the most successful possible dosage not trying and not trying to optimize for the sake of speed and that new evidence shows a lower dose creates the results.

Also, it may not matter.

I'd give South Africa the "hold my beer" award, but I'm holding on to see Florida's entry.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A coworker's whole family gave each other the gift of Covid over Christmas. Most everyone had a mild case except for his mother who had to be hospitalized.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Huh...

If only there was some way that they could have known how communicable this disease was.
They are strange folk, I like to call them reformons. Mormons who don't go to church or follow any of the rules. But my coworker, his sister and his mother all live next door to each other. Also gullible as hell, so not sure whether they chose to believe in any of the false narratives. This 40 year old coworker thought that Spain was in South America, because that is where people spoke spanish.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They are strange folk, I like to call them reformons. Mormons who don't go to church or follow any of the rules. But my coworker, his sister and his mother all live next door to each other. Also gullible as hell, so not sure whether they chose to believe in any of the false narratives. This 40 year old coworker thought that Spain was in South America, because that is where people spoke spanish.
And friend of mine's (now ex) wife is an attorney in SLC. She used to take pro bono cases to defend victims of jack mormons who created ponzi schemes to sucker in mormons specifically.....because they all trusted each other. And yes, gullible as shit.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So, by “coworker” you mean guy who sweeps up and not an engineer, right ?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
And friend of mine's (now ex) wife is an attorney in SLC. She used to take pro bono cases to defend jack mormons who created ponzi schemes to sucker in mormons specifically.....because they all trusted each other. And yes, gullible as shit.
You might enjoy a Book called "The Mormon Murders".

Turns out, Nashville isn't the only town that mixes car bombs and gullible morons.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So, by “coworker” you mean guy who sweeps up and not an engineer, right ?
Nope, actually one of the better engineers I work with. He has just lived a very insulated life, if his mom didn't tell him something, or if he doesn't need to know it for work, he doesn't know about it. Basically a very smart man-child. Another one of my favorite coworkers is a former Mormon. But he openly rejected the church, said for years he knew it was bullshit and one day walked away. He has a bit more of an edge to him. He and his wife were shunned by their families, John's response was fuck'em.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nope, actually one of the better engineers I work with. He has just lived a very insulated life, if his mom didn't tell him something, or if he doesn't need to know it for work, he doesn't know about it. Basically a very smart man-child. Another one of my favorite coworkers is a former Mormon. But he openly rejected the church, said for years he knew it was bullshit and one day walked away. He has a bit more of an edge to him. He and his wife were shunned by their families, John's response was fuck'em.
This is America.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The insulated man children of christ. Ugh. Was talking with one of those kind a while back. One I have known since high school and hadn't seen in 20 years. While talking about how we met our wives I said - you just don't want to be the guy who hangs around town and chases the high school girls. He laughed nervously and said "yeah I was that guy. The 21yr old buying the beer for the high school parties."

W T F, America is full of people like this???

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Never
unless you have symptoms or a known exposure. Kind of stupid isn't it.... I will have my test on Wednesday.
Yeah I know for some in the transportation industry, pilots, they were testing them every week or every two weeks, etc.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And it takes them 10 days after exposure to get you a test? :disgust1:
You are still working, right?
That first part is not too concerning. Testing should be 5-7 days after potential exposure, not earlier.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That first part is not too concerning. Testing should be 5-7 days after potential exposure, not earlier.
So he should have gotten it yesterday (day 5) and being in quarantine until the negative result.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So he should have gotten it yesterday (day 5) and being in quarantine until the negative result.
Anyone with COVID patient contact in a hospital would be quarantining all the time were this the rule.