Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
These are the same people who don't want their kids to go to college because to them "liberal arts" means Communist professors teaching people to be gay.
Just gay? Not the whole LBGTQALMNOP spectrum? Seems like learning another language. I took a couple years of Spanish. Never had much conversation with an actual Spanish speaker. Forgot most of it. My guess is that with a college course in being gay, I’d forget which part goes in which other part within a few years.

#dondeestalabungholoteca

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I really hope the article is propaganda, because it is challenging to think of having a nation with this much “diversity” surrounding this issue.
i live on the edge of the burbs and quasi-rural areas. i still see trump flags regularly. keep in mind, i live less than an hour from one of most populated cities in the entire country.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an email reminder that the oncologist office I'm visiting again tomorrow is still requiring masks. Masks are still mandatory when ever accessing the aircraft per policy of pretty much every airline still flying. I'm super tempted to start wearing my mask again when in public, even though everyone in the house is fully vaccinated.
Apparently all medical offices in the state are required to wear masks still. Haley went to the orthodontist last week and nobody was, not even the staff. When I asked about this, they said they weren't required to. They were not happy when I then pointed out does that mean that they are not a medical facility? Asked should we find an orthodontist which is a medical facility? And will my dental cover them, since they are not a medical facility?

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Apparently all medical offices in the state are required to wear masks still. Haley went to the orthodontist last week and nobody was, not even the staff. When I asked about this, they said they weren't required to. They were not happy when I then pointed out does that mean that they are not a medical facility? Asked should we find an orthodontist which is a medical facility? And will my dental cover them, since they are not a medical facility?
Man, I would have liked to be present for that conversation.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland is going back to masks, but my redneck county will likely not, but I will be getting looks because I will be wearing mine.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Yes but fueled by the Delta Variant virus case counts in New York City have begun climbing in recent days, even as the city seems determined to turn the page on the pandemic. Just a few weeks ago, there were only 200 new cases a day across the city on average, the lowest level since the early days of the pandemic. But the city has now had a streak of days with 400 or more cases. And the test positivity rate has doubled: from below 0.6 percent on average to about 1.3 percent.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes but fueled by the Delta Variant virus case counts in New York City have begun climbing in recent days, even as the city seems determined to turn the page on the pandemic. Just a few weeks ago, there were only 200 new cases a day across the city on average, the lowest level since the early days of the pandemic. But the city has now had a streak of days with 400 or more cases. And the test positivity rate has doubled: from below 0.6 percent on average to about 1.3 percent.
my county has gone back up too. still below 5%, but won't be for long the way things are trending.

full disclosure: i am still wearing a mask in most situations as i have kids who are too young to be vaccinated as of right now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Man, I would have liked to be present for that conversation.
Wifey hates when I do that stuff. But I see it as hammering a fine point with a sledgehammer. If you can't get the easy details right, how are you with the hard ones?

In this case, it's a (R) heavy community - 2020 was 52/48 for Biden and all the local R's won. They are reading the rules narrow and playing to their audience. I however will read the rules broadly - medical = mask - and if they can't do that, I'll voice my opinion/concerns. I highly doubt we'll be going through them when it comes time for braces though, all thing considered.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sooooo....we're supposed to do our annual labor day get together with the wife's fam. her uncles/cousins live in atlanta and some are pretty (r) leaning. one of her cousins, in particular, posted pics of them going to the beach with friends, etc., throughout the pandemic. they have a "not gonna let it mess with my life" attitude. i was saying the other week that i guaranteed they haven't been vaxxed, and wifey was like "no way." got an email from mil today that yup, everyone else in the fam has the vax, but not them, should we still go? lololololol. TEH DRAMA. what selfish assholes. i'm tempted to suggest that THEY shouldn't get to come.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You absolutely should. There are only a few ways people like this might change their mind and this might be one of them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sooooo....we're supposed to do our annual labor day get together with the wife's fam. her uncles/cousins live in atlanta and some are pretty (r) leaning. one of her cousins, in particular, posted pics of them going to the beach with friends, etc., throughout the pandemic. they have a "not gonna let it mess with my life" attitude. i was saying the other week that i guaranteed they haven't been vaxxed, and wifey was like "no way." got an email from mil today that yup, everyone else in the fam has the vax, but not them, should we still go? lololololol. TEH DRAMA. what selfish assholes. i'm tempted to suggest that THEY shouldn't get to come.
make these available to the non vaccinated

Screenshot_20210727-173606_Chrome.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm supposed to go to a phish show in just under 3 weeks. tour starts tomorrow. based on your post about grateful shred the other day.......
are they doing social distancing/mask requirements.....

older brotger and his family attended a billy strings concert that was socially distanced in pods/masks.....but his family is vaccinated....it was outdoors...pouring rain....

you were required to wear a mask while in line for anything...

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Reply to the entire family "due to [family member name] disregard for the safety for the other members of the family, I request that they do not attend. If they still decide to attend, despite not being vaccinated, we will not be attending any family events to which they attend or they have empirically proven they have been vaccinated." Then attach screen shots of your actual medical records vs. a picture of your card. Mic drop the fuck out of it and watch them squirm. Somebody has to be the one who says it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Reply to the entire family "due to [family member name] disregard for the safety for the other members of the family, I request that they do not attend. If they still decide to attend, despite not being vaccinated, we will not be attending any family events to which they attend or they have empirically proven they have been vaccinated." Then attach screen shots of your actual medical records vs. a picture of your card. Mic drop the fuck out of it and watch them squirm. Somebody has to be the one who says it.
:popcorn:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
if it was my direct family, i would...mil has already told her brother it might be a deal breaker for our side of the fam. problem is, we all rent a giant house together, so there's no real "not doing specific events" scenario, although our boys tend to stick to their direct cousins, who are boys, rather than run with the atlanta side who are girls (and kinda snobby anyway...shocking, i know).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
are they doing social distancing/mask requirements.....

older brotger and his family attended a billy strings concert that was socially distanced in pods/masks.....but his family is vaccinated....it was outdoors...pouring rain....

you were required to wear a mask while in line for anything...
Not required from what I've seen. It's outdoors on the beach in AC.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just got my first message about a vaccinated friend getting the delta infection. Oh boy.
Edit - J&J jab.
An employee of mine, his gf, mother, neighbour have all got Delta, J+J, Pfizer and Moderna across them.

Fauci on MSNBC just said this evening that the changes with Delta means the viral load of infected persons who are vaccinated and unvaccinated is the same - hence the new mask mandates being recommended by CDC today.