Quantcast

Custom Paint Helmet Thread!!

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
"whoops, thought Dylan did Needles lid. Sorry about that. So do you work at Troy Lee? I see the big logo running down it and not used to seeing that on anybody's work other than the Troy Lee shop."

No worries, don't work for Troy but he & I have been friends for a while. (so hopefully he won't sue ; )
I just paint for fun every now & then. I have his logo from producing our team(Turner / Honda) easy ups & jerseys.
I actually scanned his logo & masked / painted the pink color (no decals).

Here is another lid I painted, Holloween style ; )

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
excuse me turd captain, but I just hadn't seen a blue liner. take it off and you look like Smurfette smacked you upside both cheeks if the dye bleeds on you.

edit: or look like you were chowing her box.... :thumb:

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
hucked2bend said:
Here are a couple pics of Needles lid. & a good one in action. I did a quick, 1 night & a few pints of a paint job on it, but it came out o.k. ; )
maybe you have also a pic of the front? would be cool cause its really a nice one !

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
excuse me turd captain, but I just hadn't seen a blue liner. take it off and you look like Smurfette smacked you upside both cheeks if the dye bleeds on you.

edit: or look like you were chowing her box.... :thumb:
go ride you're bike.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Sending mine out to LD Designs tommorow.....

Should be back around April.....Hes got a couple helmets in the process right now....

Dan

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
Sending mine out to Dylan Dean tommorow.... somthing pretty basic...guess i'll wait until it comes and get pics up as well.
RockyMT21, any idea of what your gonna get done? Or just going to let him go nuts on it?

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I would say its going to be pretty wild. Outrageous and bright were the words used to describe what I wanted.....

Dan

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
You didn't really have to put 661 stickers on that TLD helmet, did you?

Blasphemy!

O.K., a couple more pics, easiest helmet I have ever done, started as an 05 TLD Carbon / White flames, till everyone & thier mother bought the same helmet last year! ; )

Just masked, prepped, tinted & sprayed some clearcoat over the stock color!

Walla!!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
wow that looks like a totally different helmet man. looks great though. so you just used a tinted clear coat over the white flames and it gave you that. very nice man.:drool:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
hucked2bend said:
You didn't really have to put 661 stickers on that TLD helmet, did you?

Blasphemy!

O.K., a couple more pics, easiest helmet I have ever done, started as an 05 TLD Carbon / White flames, till everyone & thier mother bought the same helmet last year! ; )

Just masked, prepped, tinted & sprayed some clearcoat over the stock color!

Walla!!

that looks awesome:thumb: