Quantcast

Custom Paint Helmet Thread!!

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Fury said:
Oh yeah - he used to ride (/work) at Blue didn't he?
Never worked there, but rode there a couple of times last season. He did some custom team bikes for Kona a while ago and just moved back from BC a bit ago too. Setting up shop again in Ontario to paint anything you can throw at him. He did my old helmet as well.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
JohnnyBoyDH said:
Never worked there, but rode there a couple of times last season. He did some custom team bikes for Kona a while ago and just moved back from BC a bit ago too. Setting up shop again in Ontario to paint anything you can throw at him. He did my old helmet as well.
He did a damn nice job on your helmet.

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003

It's the OGK. This is the original colour. Have another one for back up. I really like it so far. super comfy, good goggle fit and CoolMax liner. Have not tried it DHing yet though. I just wanted something other/different than a TLD.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
JohnnyBoyDH said:

It's the OGK. This is the original colour. Have another one for back up. I really like it so far. super comfy, good goggle fit and CoolMax liner. Have not tried it DHing yet though. I just wanted something other/different than a TLD.
where do you get these helmets? how do they compare in price to a troy lee?

biketiger

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
in my house
Sick lid Johnny Boy. I see a lot of helmets with way too much going on. Yours is perfect and I'm not even a big fan of blue.:thumb:

The old colors were horrible

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
LukeD said:
haha funny u mention that...in terms of a bike it's a tossup between that and a cbr600 f4i
Right, maybe if you're into 4 year old bikes. :D

GSX-R all the way, baby!

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
LukeD said:
do i see a wrx there? wrx or sti? thinkin of trading in my wrx this summer for an sti. either that or a motorcycle
The car looks like an STi...It is the painters, not mine.....I ironically have a Forester XT myself. Get the Sti over a bike. They haul booty and are great to drive year round if you get snow where you are.

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
julian_dh said:
where do you get these helmets? how do they compare in price to a troy lee?
I have a connection who got me these from Japan. They are a little cheaper than the TLD lids I believe (the OGK are full carbon) Don't think you can get the OGK ones in North America, but THE's new helmets are the same as these, just re-badged.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
here's my new one. . . ****ty pic. and i havn't cleared it yet.

and a stupid catcher's mask i painted for a kid on my schools baseball team. . . not a fan of flags on helmets, but that's what he wanted

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
General Lee said:
here's my new one. . . ****ty pic. and i havn't cleared it yet.
and a stupid catcher's mask i painted for a kid on my schools baseball team. . . not a fan of flags on helmets, but that's what he wanted
you repainted your D2 from last year? I think I see dried drool on the cheek pads...:clue:

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
hellonasty said:
A little SPAM, there is a guy here in eastern Canada that just started his company, and after seeing some of his painted helmets for real, let me just say that these are unreal, I mean whoa:eek: the paint quality, the finish, etc.

Here is the address of his website
http://impactdesigns.no-ip.org/html/photo_gallery.html

Some of his work

I really like his work. Especially the Ironhorse one.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
wow that ironhorse helmet is badasss, not to complicated like some helmets with all random colors everywhere, just a clean helmet with 2 or 3 colors and smooth lines to make a good color scheme

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
General Lee said:
and everything he's ever painted is completely original too, right?
nothing is ever original...every artist draws from another artist or gets inspiration from somewhere...you could argue that dylan dean ripped off troy lee who ripped off big daddy roth...and just keep going from there. the fact of the matter is everything is just a recreation from something else, whether it be another painter in the helmet business or elsewhere...hell someone painting a landscape...isn't that person copying what they see in front of them?

no offence to DDD, Troy Lee or Roth.

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
Here's Mohshee's first stab at painting a helmet.
It still needs to be clearcoated and the visor needs to be done. We just used her old Six Six One helmet and given the previous state of the helmet i think it came out pretty damn good, especially for a first try:

Before:

After:
front:

side:

rear:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
TBFKAHG said:
Here's Mohshee's first stab at painting a helmet.
It still needs to be clearcoated and the visor needs to be done. We just used her old Six Six One helmet and given the previous state of the helmet i think it came out pretty damn good, especially for a first try:

Before:

After:
front:

side:

rear:
shewwwww....better luck next time bro. sorry to not be positive...but some time taping would have done that thing wonders. Or you can take some thin pinstriping and outline the design to cover those wobbly edges and make a transition color from the smurf blue to pepto pink :)