Quantcast

D3 Helmets are available!

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I figured they probably had a surplus of this one, given how ugly it is. Showed up yesterday. The fit feels tighter than the D2, probably due to the ammount of padding. It's very comfortable, and more 'confidence inspiring' than the D2 which feels like a hollow shell in comparison.

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
ok so the M/L D2 fits me but its really snug(probably too snug cause its a little uncomfortable) so which D3 would fit me best?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I would say the XL might be your best bet.

If the D2 at 23.3 was snug, the XL D3 would be best because the D3's fit a bit snug. You might want to go by a hat shop at your local mall to figure out the actual size of your head and decide from there.

This was the D2 fitment guide:

Last edited:

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
so I got my D3 today, ordered from online. I think I was right on the line at the end of the large and the beginning of an XL. I ended up going with the XL. It fits pretty good, but theres a bit of play when i move my head back and forth from side to side more so in the cheeks. Im debating now weather or not I could of fit into a Large, thats what sucks with ordering online.. the helmet should fit pretty snug to my cheeks right? and have no movement should feel glued to my head/cheeks?

ollyforster

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
Mine was tight at a Large but it bedded in a fits like a glove! Thought an xl might have been better, but not now!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
My logic may be wrong here but I'm sticking to DOT helmets. After the kid from here in Colorado died from brain trauma, I'm sticking to nothing but DOT helmets. I had a crash a few weeks ago that broke my 661 Flight DOT full face. I can't imagine what that would have done to my TLD D2. I love the looks and fit of the TLD D2 & D3, but frankly I crash and I can't afford to replace it everytime I eat SH** which I do frequently.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
My logic may be wrong here but I'm sticking to DOT helmets. After the kid from here in Colorado died from brain trauma, I'm sticking to nothing but DOT helmets. I had a crash a few weeks ago that broke my 661 Flight DOT full face. I can't imagine what that would have done to my TLD D2. I love the looks and fit of the TLD D2 & D3, but frankly I crash and I can't afford to replace it everytime I eat SH** which I do frequently.
Honestly, I'm not trying to talk up the D3, but having seen a pre-production one at TLD and then seeing the production one... I can see this passing DOT and probably SNELL if it weren't for the big vents. Of course I can't say for sure, but having had many, many helmets pass through my shop, I can't say much bad about this one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Honestly, I'm not trying to talk up the D3, but having seen a pre-production one at TLD and then seeing the production one... I can see this passing DOT and probably SNELL if it weren't for the big vents. Of course I can't say for sure, but having had many, many helmets pass through my shop, I can't say much bad about this one.
you're not allowed to post in this thread until you have decked out a custom painted D3 for our viewing pleasure.