Quantcast

Damo's Winter Pics

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Avoriaz shaped us a Monster Kicker to session today. Holy sh1t it was big. :shocked:
We were up there at 8:30am to get the rock hard snow before it softened in the sun. Managed to stay on it until about 11am before it got too slushy. They are reshaping it tonight for us to return tomorrow.

Good turn out of spectators and we all had a good time. No injuries. :thumb:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
OK. Yesterday was the last day of the season. Thats it, over. Lifts are closed.

This means there will probably be no more pics posted I this thread till next year. What an awesome season it's been though! I'm kinda glad it's over as I'm tired and I'm looking forward to bikes, but damn, it was fun.

The park shapers of Avoriaz made us another private feature for our season finale, a quarterpipe.

At noon, it started to get too soft, so we all headed down to a restaurant called Chez Flo in Avoriaz for the end-of-season party. Heavy drinking, over eating and many snowballs later, we took the party down to Morzine.

What a way to see the season off.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Well, the new season is upon us. I hadn't planned on getting up the hill until after the new year, but a local company approached me to shoot one of their snowboard training camps.

So, I have spent the last couple of days shadowing the guys and girls on these camps.

Thought you may want to check a couple pics....

Pretty good conditions here. The snow started absolutely dumping last night and we have nearly half a meter outside now that wasn't there yesterday.

This should be a fcken awesome season. I'll stick some pics as and when...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
He have not had snow for about a month now. The only thing left is park & pipe. Not really, the pistes are still all good, but the off piste is nonexistent.

*sigh*

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
We have been heading out a bit recently on our bikes this winter. We've discovered a few cablecars that run all year round for village access, tourism etc, but have nothing to do with skiing. Under an hour's drive away from Morzine, this makes for some awesome DH days in the middle of Winter!

Here's some iPhone photos of yesterday's trip:

Nice to have a change of scenery...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So I managed to swing a media pass to the Les Gets Ebouelle Contest last night. With a road gap in the center of the village, an invite-only competitor line up and some decent live music, it was a pretty cool evening.

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
This season has been unreal. The snow has been fairly continuous with a few blue sky days each week.

I have not been up the hill too often this winter as I have a wee baby girl which is way more fun.

However, I did get up there yesterday for some epic conditions:

Confirmed, however today uphill in Avoriaz was my worst ski day ever:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
...and the season goes on....

Days are getting warmer, snow is getting slushy by the afternoon, but there is still so much snow!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Haha. For sure we were giving him grief about his kit. It's kinda hard when he heads the French freestyle ski team though...
I'd figure heading a French freestyle ski team would mean that it'd be ridiculously easy to make fun of his attire at any and all times.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Avoriaz shaped us a Monster Kicker to session today. Holy sh1t it was big. :shocked:
We were up there at 8:30am to get the rock hard snow before it softened in the sun. Managed to stay on it until about 11am before it got too slushy. They are reshaping it tonight for us to return tomorrow.

Good turn out of spectators and we all had a good time. No injuries. :thumb:
You jump those monsters?

Also I'm still waiting on those adoption papers you promiced me some time ago ;)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Too much work, not enough riding bikes. i'll be able to post some different pics soon when I'm allowed.

Here's some pics from a couple days ago, my first proper ride this season. Just me, my bike and my iPodphone:

70kms and 5.5hrs. Awesome ride.

There y'go Steve... Happy?