narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
short tour:

Confirmed itinerary for Danzig's special nine-city tour are as follows:

JUNE
15 Norva - Norfolk, VA (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
16 The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
18 Nokia Theatre, New York, NY (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
19 Trocadero Theatre, Philadelphia, PA (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
21 House of Blues, Boston, MA (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
24 Knitting Factory, Boise, ID (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketfly)
25 Knitting Factory, Reno, NV (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketfly)
26 Nokia, Los Angeles, CA (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
27 Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA (public on-sale May 16 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
short tour:

Confirmed itinerary for Danzig's special nine-city tour are as follows:

JUNE

16 The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC (public on-sale May 14 @ 10AM through Ticketmaster)
there....even though i hate the place.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Am I the only person that would rather hear him do interviews and relive glory moments than to ever again do injustice to his angst-filled legacy by stepping onstage again? :rockout:
This is the result of learning about the real heroes of rock and roll in your thirties: I don't see what the big deal fans make about Danzig.

I listened to their first album a few years because Aaron Chase used "Soul On Fire" in his vid, Sevenvision.

I liked the song, and I got the album. I vaguely remember "Mother" getting a lot of radio airplay, so I have no idea about the personality of the band except getting knocked the F out by singer of the Northside Kings.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
This is the result of learning about the real heroes of rock and roll in your thirties: I don't see what the big deal fans make about Danzig.

I listened to their first album a few years because Aaron Chase used "Soul On Fire" in his vid, Sevenvision.

I liked the song, and I got the album. I vaguely remember "Mother" getting a lot of radio airplay, so I have no idea about the personality of the band except getting knocked the F out by singer of the Northside Kings.
Yeah, late comers to early punk need ony know he crushed it all in The Misfits with his devil lock, then had a singular metal hit on the tail end of goth's waining fame with Mother, at which point in time he was still slightly less popular than a band people confused him with known as Sisters of Mercy. The people that go to that concert, I kinda pity them. :no:

The End!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, late comers to early punk need ony know he crushed it all in The Misfits with his devil lock, then had a singular metal hit on the tail end of goth's waining fame with Mother, at which point in time he was still slightly less popular than a band people confused him with known as Sisters of Mercy. The people that go to that concert, I kinda pity them. :no:

The End!
All I remember about Sisters of Mercy is their joint tour with Public Enemy and Young Black Teenagers, a rap group entirely of white dudes.

I saw it at Darien Lake, and there were a bunch of high school goth girls giving the finger to YBT, but they went into hiding when Public Enemy hit the stage.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

The End!
skipping over Samhain deserves pity.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i remember his first tour being a mix of everything.

he's older than dirt....i'm interested if he can still sing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
All I remember about Sisters of Mercy is their joint tour with Public Enemy and Young Black Teenagers, a rap group entirely of white dudes.

I saw it at Darien Lake, and there were a bunch of high school goth girls giving the finger to YBT, but they went into hiding when Public Enemy hit the stage.
I remember that. I went to a similar tour with Wu Tang and Rage Against the Machine with Rage being the headliner. Crazy creepy crowd. Generic white kids yelling: "Wu Tang ain't nuttin to F*&! wit" standing next to hardened thugs who I'm pretty sure wanted to gut and skin the wigger kids.:think:

Then Rage came on, a 1/3 of the crowd disappeared into the night, a massive bonfire of trash went up, monstrous seething swirling mosh pit followed by the girl who came with me quickly getting so scared she left and didn't even tell us she was gone.:rofl::rofl:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I remember that. I went to a similar tour with Wu Tang and Rage Against the Machine with Rage being the headliner. Crazy creepy crowd. Generic white kids yelling: "Wu Tang ain't nuttin to F*&! wit" standing next to hardened thugs who I'm pretty sure wanted to gut and skin the wigger kids.:think:

Then Rage came on, a 1/3 of the crowd disappeared into the night, a massive bonfire of trash went up, monstrous seething swirling mosh pit followed by the girl who came with me quickly getting so scared she left and didn't even tell us she was gone.:rofl::rofl:
Rage...now there was a live show...jesus....