Quantcast

Does anybody read [books] anymore?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Westy Hush, it is really. And not to be taken with a grain of salt either. Maybe academic probation is huffing glue but I know what doing books will do. I know better. Spring semester 2013 I hope upon an academic achievement of gpa score greater than 2.3

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy Hush, it is really. And not to be taken with a grain of salt either. Maybe academic probation is huffing glue but I know what doing books will do. I know better. Spring semester 2013 I hope upon an academic achievement of gpa score greater than 2.3
Dream big, dream big.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got the complete HP Lovecraft on Amazon (iPad Kindle app). Having a hard time being as interested as I wanted to be. Do I need to be on drugs to enjoy this stuff?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Took me a while to finish this because I was reading something else but I finished the last 2/3 of this book in the last 2 days.
Anyone who likes the movie and hasnt read this should pick it up.
An absolute masterpiece.
It's been a long time, but I remember it being pretty good. Somehow I've managed to never watch the movie.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I usually read Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi-Fantasy. But last year I read Bram Stoker's Dracula. That was a hard read. 120+ years old. And the whole thing is written post tense via 4 or 5 people's journals.

Lately though I've been reading Alastair Reynolds. He has a PhD in astronomy so he really knows the science part of the sci-fi. As an engineer it is nice to read someone who has a science background.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Finally finished the Wheel of Time series.

The whole series was probably 3 or 4 books too long, I think old man Jordan was kind of slipping at the end, but Sanderson did a fantastic job closing it all out. The last two books were really good. I'm actually kind of sad the whole thing is over. I'll read them again someday, but for now I've got other stuff waiting in the wings.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A buddy of mine from high school used the money he made off the movie Gas Hole to write a book. While the erotic parts are not my taste, it was very well written and had good character developments.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also read this but I doubt too many monkey would need to read it. :rofl:

Yes, I stopped. Yes, it was quite easy. The book is awful, but it works.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Also read this but I doubt too many monkey would need to read it. :rofl:

Yes, I stopped. Yes, it was quite easy. The book is awful, but it works.
when i think of people quitting smoking...i think of this...

going on another author binge....reading all the travis mcgee books by john d. macdonald

Last edited:

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Squeeb - Sanderson started his own series, The Stormlight Archives, the first book The Way of Kings is pretty good.

In the middle of The Orphan Master - highly recommend it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know a couple people here were fans of "The Forever War", including myself. I didn't overly much care for "Forever Free" but I'm currently reading "Forever Peace" and I really like it.

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
My girl and I are taking turns reading chapters of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' aloud. It's a nicely written book, but we struggle with some of the words.. "Scuppernongs" ????