Quantcast

Drank a Newcastle last night and...........

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I bought a 6 pack the other day cause it was on sale...had to "force" myself to drink it! I don't have the taste for it anymore.

Then again, I also bought a 6 pack of Black Butte Porter, and all 6 beers were bad! had to throw them away! :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
you should have returned them to the store for a refund. same goes w/ corked wines. don't get stuck w/ spoiled products.
:stupid:

I once got 3 bottle of French wine in a *row* that were bad. I told 'em that I didn't want to exchange for the same kind the last go 'round and suggested they toss the rest of the case.

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This past Saturday was opening night for a new billiards/bar/lounge place in town, and bottles of Newcastle were $3... except they were the 22oz bottles! Mmm... Newcastle...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
This past Saturday was opening night for a new billiards/bar/lounge place in town, and bottles of Newcastle were $3... except they were the 22oz bottles! Mmm... Newcastle...
You know - if all they had was Bud, Miller, Coors, and Newcastle......... I'd still only pay $.50 for a Newcastle bomber. :p

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My girlfriend and I had a 12 pack of Newcastle for Monday Night Football two weeks ago. This week we've got some Sam Adams Boston Lager.

My girlfriend prefers the Newcastle... she's got good taste! :thumb:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Man I haven't had Newkie in a LONG while...so I decided to stop by my grocery store..
12 pack on sale! :thumb:
AND
12 pack of Fat Tire Ale also on sale :thumb:
AND
6 Pack of Bass Ale was also on sale...

hahah...should be good for a while ;)

Cheers!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Got a microbrewery here that makes something fairly similar to Newcastle except a little less sweet and a little richer.

Mmm...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
A sphincter says what..?
it's pretty obvious where your range and palette lie, wrt to beer, if you state that sierra nevada pale ale (a better than decent beer, don't get me wrong) 'owns all'. :rolleyes:

i don't jump into frou-frou martini threads w/ recommendations because i don't have any experience or knowledge to contribute. maybe you can take the same course of action.

then again, you've got 55 million posts, so it may be a fruitless cause.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
it's pretty obvious where your range and palette lie, wrt to beer, if you state that sierra nevada pale ale (a better than decent beer, don't get me wrong) 'owns all'. :rolleyes:

i don't jump into frou-frou martini threads w/ recommendations because i don't have any experience or knowledge to contribute. maybe you can take the same course of action.

then again, you've got 55 million posts, so it may be a fruitless cause.

I didn't say it owns all... just most.. as in most of the regular crap that can be easily found on a national level.. since a lot of these really great beers apparently can't be had out side a small region.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
narlus said:
best brown ale i've had bar none is the one from Dogfish.

Oui oui!

It's a really weird brown ale though, much higher in ABV than everything else. Not really fair to compare it to Newcastle.

The Rogue Hazelnut Brown is an equal fave for me.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
narlus said:
the rogue you mention, is that the Morimoto one? i bought some of that on Acadian's recommendation and it was really good.
It's the same one. You have to be a bit careful though, because there are two Morimoto named ones. Rogue pisses me off more than a bit with the whole multiple name for the same beer thing.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Okay, S.S. doesn't Like Nukes.

I can't stand Sierra Nevada.

I like Victoria, but I have to go to Mexico to find it.

I like Nukes but only with big, grilled juicy sirloin burgers during a hot summer BBQ.

I prefer Tequila.

This is a very old thread.

I really like handmade Burbon.

hmm.

what ever.

RC.