Quantcast

Evil Bikes picture thread

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
I have one but I find the Monster works better for my 245 lbs. (naked). Not that I ride naked but without gear on. Well, I have my gear but you know what I mean. :)

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
I'm bringing it back from the dead!

The Imperial is now being fitted with a Totem. Monster is in the shop and the Totem was just laying around.
Once the new headset arrives next week I will have pics.

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
Okay, going out on the maiden voyage with the Evil tomorrow.
Seems weird to use the word maiden in a sentence with Evil in it. :eek:
Wish me luck, it's gonna be muddy I suspect.

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
After an 8 year hiatus I have purchased another Imperial. Snagged a complete on Ebay for 500. Most likely going to sell all the parts and do a full build, not quite sure what direction I'm going to go with it...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
After an 8 year hiatus I have purchased another Imperial. Snagged a complete on Ebay for 500. Most likely going to sell all the parts and do a full build, not quite sure what direction I'm going to go with it...
Nice. would love to see an imperial with a current build. My sov is still going strong.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Nice. would love to see an imperial with a current build. My sov is still going strong.
I'm not really sure what direction to take it. The majority of the riding it will see will probably be the local pump track/skills park which makes me think lighter build with 100mm fork but I think I will want to take it on the occasional shuttle day which make me want a 140+ fork. Not really sure what the build will look like, when the bike comes I'll strip it down and possibly powder coat it so I have a little time to think about the build... maybe you monkeys have some suggestions...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm not really sure what direction to take it. The majority of the riding it will see will probably be the local pump track/skills park which makes me think lighter build with 100mm fork but I think I will want to take it on the occasional shuttle day which make me want a 140+ fork. Not really sure what the build will look like, when the bike comes I'll strip it down and possibly powder coat it so I have a little time to think about the build... maybe you monkeys have some suggestions...
Track down an OG pike u-turn... that's your ticket.

Last edited:

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
I bought an imperial this spring. I have it set up as a single speed with a fox 36 180 talas on it. I may be looking to throw a shorter fork on it. I will take some pics later so you all can see it.

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
I just turned mine into a single speed with a DMR tensioner and a Push'd Boxxer I had laying around. It makes no sense, but fun on the less rocky runs. And no chain slap!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This thread could use more pictures... just doing my part. Still rocking the sovereign... this is a great bike.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland

Horrible picture, but you get the idea.

Tearing it down now. If anyone has an interest in any parts circa 2003 let me know. Also if someone has/knows of a good condition Original Pike with U-turn let me know.

Off to the powdercoater next week.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I stripped the bike down yesterday and noticed two things, the seapost is 27.2. I remember my first imperial being 31.6, do I have a first gen or something? Also, The damn derailleur hanger is bent!!! Any idea where I could get a new one? Do they even exist?

And Blindboxx2334, if you could send me that pike it would be greatly appreciated :D

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
It's great to see everyone back on Imperials.

I gots married last month so its been busy fun, but that didn't keep me from getting started on rebuilding my Imp too!
I've been on my Sovereign for about 2 years now and I absolutely LOVE the thing!
So I finally decided to (re) build the Imp as a second Evil. Can one ever have enough Evil bikes?

I have white 66RC2X and deemax for now.

E13 LG1+ cranks and guide on the way. ooooooohhhh hoooo hooo hooo

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Last edited:

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Woo, nice!
Thank you and thx for attempting to help with the attachments... i finally got photobucket to work on my phone so i just used that instead :)
I'll post better quality pics of the Imp with its Sovereign sibling when the weather gets nicer! Heck maybe even riding pics :weee:

I did take the imperial out for a spin/test ride yesterday nite, I have to say after almost 2 years off of this frame... WOA.

Last edited: